Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
39061 - 39080 of 39139 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,013 Posts
Money, you say? I'm shocked! Shocked, mind you to hear that people play pool for money!

"
Аѕ оf Осtоbеr 2020, Еfrеn Rеуеѕ hаѕ аn еѕtіmаtеd nеt wоrth оf mоrе thаn $3 mіllіоn. Не hаѕ mаdе thіѕ hugе wеаlth thrоugh hіѕ ѕuссеѕѕful саrееr аѕ а рrоfеѕѕіоnаl рооl рlауеr.

Іn 1997, hе tооk hоmе thе lаrgеѕt ѕіnglе еvеnt рurѕе іn рооl hіѕtоrу оf $100k bу dеfеаtіng Еаrl Ѕtrісklаnd іn 1997. Не wоn ѕеvеrаl сhаmріоnѕhірѕ, іnсludіng 2014 Ѕmоkіn’ Асеѕ Оnе-Росkеt Ѕhооtоut, 2011 UЅ Ореn Оnе Росkеt Сhаmріоnѕhір, 2005 ІРТ Кіng оf thе Ніll Еіght-Ваll Ѕhооtоut, аnd оthеrѕ.

Rеуеѕ hаѕ аlѕо fеаturеd іn mаnу tеlеvіѕіоn ѕhоwѕ аnd mоvіеѕ lіkе Раknеrѕ, Nіnеbаll, Маgраkаіlаnmаn, аnd mаnу mоrе. Не еndоrѕеѕ mаnу brаndѕ, whісh аlѕо hеlрѕ іn іnсrеаѕіng hіѕ nеt wоrth ѕіgnіfісаntlу.

Еfrеn Rеуеѕ іѕ соnѕіdеrеd оnе оf thе grеаtеѕt рооl рlауеrѕ оf аll tіmе.

Efren Reyes Net Worth 2020: Age, Height, Weight, Wife, Kids, Bio-Wiki | Wealthy Persons"

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
37,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,062 (Edited)

Okay old folks, admit it. You laughed the first time you saw one. If not, you rolled on the floor when you read what Uncle Tom McCahill said about it in Mechanix Illustrated. We all did. Buyers of the new Ford offering either had to get tough and laugh along, or retreat to their basement and hide (like a certain political figure I shan't name). The laughter lasted two full years and by the time Ford threw its horse-collar grille into the waste bin it was too late. We were still laughing and didn't really notice.

Sales stagnated and dropped like like buzzard poop on a dead coyote. But now, if we put all that laughter aside and really look at the 1960 Edsel, we can see the error of our ways. The car had style. Grace. Lines. But alas, Ford threw in the towel and declared the Edsel officially dead on Nov. 19, 1959. The Saturday Evening Post ran the last Edsel magazine ad two days later, on Nov. 21. And no one noticed. They were all at their Ford and Chevy dealer, making deals. But let's look back and give the ill-fated car another look, shall we? One that was built on the very last day of production in '59. Here's today's...

RANDOM CLASSIC!

1960 Edsel Ranger convertible
1958-60 Edsel History by Dan Jedlicka and 10 reasons why the Ford Edsel floundered | Hagerty Media and 1960 Edsel Ranger Convertible - American Car Collector and The Edsel Timeline

352 cu. in. V-8, 300 h.p.

A hefty sum in 1960 (but hey, it had all the bells and whistles)...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

KLASSIC KUTIES!

PAUL'S PATINA!

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Registered
201 Posts

Okay old folks, admit it. You laughed the first time you saw one. If not, you rolled on the floor when you read what Uncle Tom McCahill said about it in Mechanix Illustrated. We all did. Buyers of the new Ford offering either had to get tough and laugh along, or retreat to their basement and hide (like a certain political figure I shan't name). The laughter lasted two full years and by the time Ford threw its horse-collar grille into the waste bin it was too late. We were still laughing and didn't really notice. Sales stagnated and dropped like like buzzard poop on a dead coyote. But now, if we put all that laughter aside and really look at the 1960 Edsel, we can see the error of our ways. The car had style. Grace. Lines. But alas, Ford threw in the towel and declared the Edsel officially dead on Nov. 19, 1959. The Saturday Evening Post ran the last Edsel magazine ad two days later, on Nov. 21. And no one noticed. They were all at their Ford and Chevy dealer, making deals. But let's look back and give the ill-fated car another look, shall we? One that was built on the very last day of production in '59. Here's today's...

RANDOM CLASSIC!

1960 Edsel Ranger convertible
1958-60 Edsel History by Dan Jedlicka and 10 reasons why the Ford Edsel floundered | Hagerty Media and 1960 Edsel Ranger Convertible - American Car Collector and The Edsel Timeline

352 cu. in. V-8, 300 h.p.

A hefty sum in 1960 (but hey, it had all the bells and whistles)...

KLASSIC KUTIES!

PAUL'S PATINA!

You can see some que's that look like they may have led to the Galaxies from there on .
Mike

Reactions: Jimbob

·
37,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,064 (Edited)
You can see some que's that look like they may have led to the Galaxies from there on .
Mike
Truth told, the car was a Galaxie --- in a prom dress. Great looking car, though.

·
37,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,067
Well, I suppose we can agree to disagree. Other than the oddball vertical taillights/back-up lights, I think the '60 Edsel was a very nice looking motorcar. If you think about the looks of the '58 and '59 Edsels, this one is a vast improvement. Nice lines and tasteful use of chrome. In my humble opinion, you guys are ALL WET!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

·
37,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,070
Since everyone is so excited and giddy about the '60 Edsel, I decided to include a video of one for all you fans. We'll even go for a ride!

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Premium Member
14,013 Posts
If ya want rare..there it is. What else can I say? Proof there's a butt for every seat? Now the poor guy gas to fix the backup lights...

Also, gotta give him a nod for being different....

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Reminds me of the old truckers phrase “BUTT UGLY”:devilish:

Reactions: pwd72s

·
37,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,073 (Edited)
Who squeezed your head, Sodbuster? 😁

Annnnnd, since you guys seem to be so in love with the '60 Edsel, I think I'll name it the official Mascot Car of Nifty 50's!

Reactions: pwd72s

·
Registered
201 Posts
I just had a customer and friend pass away and he had about 15 or so restored Edsels. I am sure most of the were up in Washington where his daughter is but he did have a yellow one ,of some year, down here with a continental kit on it.
Mike

·
37,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,077
And he can't even go get a heircut because of COVID-19! :oops:

·
Registered
201 Posts
I feel for the guy's heirs...having to deal with the collector car vultures, flippers, pimps, etc.
His daughter is quite familiar with Edsels , she will be OK. It is all of his model trains, planes, and automobiles that will be a problem. The house was totally full.
Mike

39061 - 39080 of 39139 Posts