Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
39081 - 39100 of 39139 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
37,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,081
Geeeeez... I give you guys an opening the size of the Grand Canyon and what do I get? Crickets! What a bunch of ho-hum sad sacks! Okay then, I'll rebuttal myself...

"That's the perfect pick for a mascot, Jimbob. A real dog!"

Sheesh.

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Premium Member
14,013 Posts
Why denigrate man's best friend? Jimbob, I thought you were better than that...;)

A pool tournament phrase meaning a poor shot always bugged me for that reason..."He dogged it"...just not fair to the noble canine...not fair at all.

·
37,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,083 (Edited)
Why denigrate man's best friend? Jimbob, I thought you were better than that...;)

A pool tournament phrase meaning a poor shot always bugged me for that reason..."He dogged it"...just not fair to the noble canine...not fair at all.
Well, there are dogs and there are DOGS. I'm talking about DOGS!

dog...

DOGS...

·
37,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,084
Hmmm. A '58 Edsel that shuts down a modified '55 Chevy? A '58 Edsel that turns the quarter in 12.0 sec. @ 115.86? I suspect tinkering...

·
37,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,086 (Edited)
Just apply cubic dollars and you can make anything fast.
Except for '73 RS Porsches. There's no hope for them. :ROFLMAO:

Which makes the following video fake news, I guess...

Reactions: bullit4404

·
37,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,089 (Edited)
So, I just finished sitting in the cold rain, watching mein Hund, "Casey," walk back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, and never pee. Brought him in, dried him off, fed him. Then I sat and remembered yesterday's Browns game. The big one. The Brown's "Superbowl." The one that, no matter how lousy they're doing, we all root like maniacs for the Browns to win. And the one they never do. Well, seldom. Since the "new Browns" arrived in 1999, the Steelers have won 77 games to the Browns' 59. And we have the audacity to still call this a "Rivalry."

Anyway, all that cold rain and thinking of yesterday's debacle in Pittsburg reminded me of the Carpenters. I dedicate this song to the Browns and yesterday. (For what it's worth, the team was banged up badly from last week's game. Nick Chubb was out, Jarvis Landry, Odell Beckham Jr. and Baker Mayfield had all been on the "Questionable" list right up until game time). Being the gamers they are, though, they wouldn't miss the big "rivalry" game for the world. And the results were appalling. Baker threw 2 interceptions, was sacked twice and slammed to the turf a total of 7 times, finally having to be benched late in the game. And poor Jimbob had to endure that smug look on Ben Roethlisberger's face again --- older than dirt and still able to humiliate the dog poop out of us. And to think, the Browns could have had him in the draft, way back when. But who did they pick instead? Kellen Winslow Jr. You know, the one who thought he was Evel Knievel and crashed doing stunts right before his first season, then was never worth the powder to blow him to hell? So, here's the song and the highlights. Well, lowlights. Final scrore: 38-7. A drubbing.

"Insanity is rooting for the same lousy team year after year, expecting different results." --JB

·
37,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,090
Truth told, the Browns do have a much better team and I fully expect them to lick their wounds and get back into the winning groove.

·
Premium Member
14,013 Posts
What's this football thing you write about? Another of those far left violent political demonstrations?

Oh well, many thanks for the Carpenters...another talent removed from us too soon. What a beautiful voice she had...

No racial divides in the world of pool. Nothing but pool. If you have the talent, nothing else matters. In a time flashback to 2017 I watched a 16 years old polish phenom named Wiktor Zielinski lay a beating on a much more experienced pro...playing fast and loose in what is now the fastest european tour finals in history. The kid plays so fast the commentators have trouble keeping up. Amazing stuff! Note the total lack of political views being expressed...

·
37,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,092 (Edited)
What's this football thing you write about? Another of those far left violent political demonstrations?

Oh well, many thanks for the Carpenters...another talent removed from us too soon. What a beautiful voice she had...

No racial divides in the world of pool. Nothing but pool. If you have the talent, nothing else matters. In a time flashback to 2017 I watched a 16 years old polish phenom named Wiktor Zielinski lay a beating on a much more experienced pro...playing fast and loose in what is now the fastest european tour finals in history. The kid plays so fast the commentators have trouble keeping up. Amazing stuff! Note the total lack of political views being expressed...

Baloney! I want to see all of these pool peoples' tax returns,......... NOW! o_O

And what about those sticks????

TREE LIVES MATTER!

·
Premium Member
14,013 Posts
Had to LOL at that one. I do know of a player, not one of the top pros, who was good at declaring expenses, but "forgot" to declare some of his winnings. The IRS tapped him on the shoulder and gently reminded him of his error. ;)

He was foolish...a top pro is wise enough to declare all of his tournament winnings while "forgetting" about many of the "friendly wager" games for relatively low stakes.

Not that they make big bucks anyway...the best of the pros might make $250K in tournament winnings before expenses.
It is a sport done for the love of the game.

(edit) Did you happen to watch young Wiktor at work? Wouldn't it be fun to take him to a Cleveland bar where pool action dominates? Why is he so good so young? Natural ability, plus some countries actually have state sponsored training for the less well known sports.
Young Wiktor breaks and runs a 9 ball rack as fast as anybody I've seen, much faster than most. Tells me he thinks fast as well...no hesitation on knowing where the cue ball will end up for the next shot.

·
37,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,094 (Edited)
Had to LOL at that one. I do know of a player, not one of the top pros, who was good at declaring expenses, but "forgot" to declare some of his winnings. The IRS tapped him on the shoulder and gently reminded him of his error. ;)

He was foolish...a top pro is wise enough to declare all of his tournament winnings while "forgetting" about many of the "friendly wager" games for relatively low stakes.

Not that they make big bucks anyway...the best of the pros might make $250K in tournament winnings before expenses.
It is a sport done for the love of the game.

(edit) Did you happen to watch young Wiktor at work? Wouldn't it be fun to take him to a Cleveland bar where pool action dominates? Why is he so good so young? Natural ability, plus some countries actually have state sponsored training for the less well known sports.
Young Wiktor breaks and runs a 9 ball rack as fast as anybody I've seen, much faster than most. Tells me he thinks fast as well...no hesitation on knowing where the cue ball will end up for the next shot.
There is boo-coo money made in this country that no tax is ever paid on. For example, truckers delivering loads to warehouses pay "lumpers" $100-$150 to off load their trailers every day. That's thousands of truckers across the country every single day! And what about all the "garage bands" that make "relatively low" amounts every time they play a gig? And how about waitresses tips? Think Flo lists hers?

Yes, Wiktor is a natural. No doubt! Quick with a stick.

·
Premium Member
14,013 Posts
You just 'splained why there are politicians anxious to turn us into a cashless society...like "the big guy", government want it's cut...on everything.

Wiktor knows the game well and thinks fast...That tells me that even at 16, there has been top level instruction combined with many hours of practice...but he sure doesn't have to pause to think about the english he needs to use in order for the next shot to line up by magic...he knows what he's going to do before whitey (cue ball) even stops rolling. Amazing stuff as far as this recreational banger (low skilled player) is concerned. Yeah..take him to the bar where the Browns players like to hang out...he'd be able to lighten their fat wallets. ;)

·
37,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,096
FYI: Edsel's big sister, coming soon. Plus, 5 all-new succulent kuties! Stay tuned!

·
37,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,097 (Edited)
Edsel's Big Sister...

Part of Ford's completely new design for 1960 was likely due to the outlandish "gull-wing" fins that Chevy sprung on the world in '59. Ford tamed this idea into a nice-looking set of twin horizontal fins that conjured visions of jet fighters. The car was low, wide and clean but, as Edsel proved, it could be monkeyed with to the point of ugliness. At least in the eyes of some people. But Edsel's big sister, the Ford Galaxie, was a knockout. A beauty that caused shortness of breath and vivid dreams.

Why it lasted only one year remains a mystery. The facelift of the '61 Fords recaptured the great look of the old '57 in the rear, but whoever did the facelift up front must've done so with a bad hangover. It had bulges where bulges shouldn't be and came off odd and lame-looking. Rather than trade for a new '61, I'm sure that many '60 Galaxie owners decided to keep their car a while longer. Ford beefed its reliable 352 to a formidable 360 h.p. with the High Performance Y-Code option, giving the stylish new '60 Galaxie some zip to go along with its good looks. Here's today's...

RANDOM CLASSIC!
1960 Ford Sunliner convertible
1960 Ford Galaxie - conceptcarz.com and Ford's Cleanly Styled 1960 Galaxie and Ford introduces the wonderful new world of its 1960 models

352 cu. in. "Thunderbird Special" Y-Code V-8, 360 h.p.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

KLASSIC KUTIES!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

PAUL'S PATINA!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

BONUS VIDEOS!

·
Premium Member
14,013 Posts
C'mon, man....even you have to admit that's much better looking than the Edsel that was based on the same body...to the point that the sunliner is, considering the time, actually a good looking car...for a land yacht. ;)

(edit) Always with the continental kits...like it's trunk wasn't big enough for a spare?

Speaking of continental kits...I suspect the last Kutie had hers altered by photochop...

·
37,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,099 (Edited)
C'mon, man....even you have to admit that's much better looking than the Edsel that was based on the same body...to the point that the sunliner is, considering the time, actually a good looking car...for a land yacht. ;)

(edit) Always with the continental kits...like it's trunk wasn't big enough for a spare?

Speaking of continental kits...I suspect the last Kutie had hers altered by photochop...
1. "C'mon, man?" You must be THE BIG GUY! :oops: Yes, Ford was way better looking than the Edsel.

2. Continental Kit? Mafioso. Need trunk room for bodies. Duh. Always with the negative waves.

3. '60 Galaxie = Fine automobile. (Dad owned one. I drove it. 110 mph. Early interstate. Real cruiser).

4. That fanny could be the result of corn feeding. Or, it could be from silicon injections. But PhotoShop? Naaaah!

That is all.

·
Premium Member
14,013 Posts
Imagine you had a rich Uncle wanting you to choose your birthday present. "So Jimbob, do you want the red one, or the yellow one with the continental kit?"

39081 - 39100 of 39139 Posts