Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
39321 - 39340 of 39359 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
37,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,321
This just in!

·
Car Whisperer
20,877 Posts
I had these

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Dang good John Anderson cover, Jimbob..music soothing the savage...

LOL! I remember those old rocket radios. Had one as a kid, have a repop now. To hear a very local radios station, it helps to be outdoors, with the clip on a section of hurricane fence. But hey, no batteries required for a crystal set...

·
37,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,324
The Space Age ruled the day back then. Cars, boats, bikes, motor scooters, homes, TVs, radios --- just about everything was influenced by our fascination with space.

Reactions: pwd72s

·
37,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,325 (Edited)

Speaking of Space Age...

I'll never forget the day I first saw one. I was all of 11 and on my way back from my lunchtime walk to "Hills," a local greasy spoon ran by a guy named "Joe," where the cool kids went to wolf down a hamburger, fries and a Coke. Oddly enough, McDonald's basic cheeseburger tastes almost exactly like Joe's. Minus the grease, of course --- his literally dripped. But, I digress. So there I was, hoofing along back to the school. Running late because of one more puff of that Lucky Strike, I took a shortcut across the parking lot over by the gymnasium. And there... it was. A brand-new, sparkling shiny 1958 Cushman Road King Scooter. It took my breath away (or maybe that was those Luckys, I'm not sure). Red and White tutone and the look of tomorrow. It was love at first sight. I knew it would only do 50 mph, but it looked like it surely would fly. Right into space! I had to have one. Well, I never got one, but that didn't keep me from dreaming. You know the story, but I reserve the right to tell it again. Here's today's...

RANDOM CLASSIC!

1958 Cushman Road King 722 motor scooter Cushman (company) - Wikipedia and Will Road King make you king of the road? and Time Line of the History of Cushman Motor Works

320cc Husky sidevalve single-cylinder 4-cycle, 9 h.p.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

KLASSIC KUTIES!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

PAUL'S PATINA!

DUE TO COMPLICATIONS IN GAINING ACCESS TO A SUITABLE CUSHMAN SCOOTER IN DEPLORABLE CONDITION, PAUL'S PATINA WILL NOT BE SEEN TODAY. EVERY EFFORT WILL BE MADE TO CORRECT THE MALFUNCTION AND THE FEATURE WILL RETURN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT. -- JB

·
37,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,326 (Edited)
hmmm...

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
How'd you get my picture? Well, not 'zactly mine...but I represent that! Hibernating through another Governor Kate lockdown, waiting for the big everlasting nap. Got a flu shot yesterday...most excitement I've had in weeks. Weird set-up. Because of the virus, didn't leave the car...

·
37,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,328 (Edited)
How'd you get my picture? Well, not 'zactly mine...but I represent that! Hibernating through another Governor Kate lockdown, waiting for the big everlasting nap. Got a flu shot yesterday...most excitement I've had in weeks. Weird set-up. Because of the virus, didn't leave the car...
Tonto not know it you, Kemosabe. Tonto find picture on wall in Sheriff Bart's office and take. Picture say you wanted, dead or alive and offer heap big money. I steal picture when Sheriff go pee and run like wind. Tonto think you must hide in basement! Tonto keep lookout and bring baloney sandwiches. Ugg!

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Plenty of Baloney in Oregon kommisar Kate's offices....

I must not be dead yet, though. Thoroughly enjoyed that last cheeky Kutie pic. Nice to know that some perfection still exists in this tired old world.

·
37,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,331

·
Car Whisperer
20,877 Posts
I clipped my crystal radio on to something metal near my bed and could lay in my bed and listen to the radio and hear about the snow days coming...no school!!!!

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Whew! That was a dangerous video. Could make an old man's ticker crash and burn! I couldn't help but notice the guys dressed with '50s style fedoras and skinny ties. Gals like her have been smashing hearts for a long, long time. Started with Eve, I think. :ROFLMAO:
Well, you gotta promise to not try to cover that one, okay? 😁

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
I clipped my crystal radio on to something metal near my bed and could lay in my bed and listen to the radio and hear about the snow days coming...no school!!!!
Similar radio memories here. Fading memory says I paid $3.95 for my first one..a comic book ad? Later I moved up to a 5 tube radio of my own, allowing me to hear the beginning of Rock n' roll.

·
37,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,335 (Edited)
Well, you gotta promise to not try to cover that one, okay? 😁
I'll avoid that one, trust me. Instead, here's one I'll dedicate to Rudolph and Helen Braun, my dear, dear grandparents. May they both rest in Peace. Jawohl! And my dearly departed dog, "Rocky," too! (That's old Rock in the background at the beginning of the vid).

·
37,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,336 (Edited)
WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!

The weather in Cleveland yesterday was typically abysmal. Cold, pelting rain all day. Down at Browns Stadium, though, there was much to cheer about. Baker Mayfield (though he threw a couple of wildly inaccurate passes) had woken up feeling dangerous again. As did the rest of the boys.

It would be hard to name the best highlight. Nick Chubb, bulldozing his way downfield, turning a run that would've been shortened with most other running backs, into a spectacular zig-zagging journey that landed him deep inside the Red Zone, knocking defenders on their butts left and right. Or, the handiwork of star cornerback, Denzel Ward, batting balls out of Eagles hands as if they were pesky flies on a hot summer day. Or the sack in the end zone of Carson Wentz, who spent most of his time yesterday on his back, watching the rain fall onto his face. Even without star headhunter Myles Garrett, the Browns sacked Wentz four times!

And let us not forget the stunning acrobatic leap of Kareem Hunt who, having been denied getting into the end zone earlier, made it his business to leap into the air like Superman himself, crossing the goal line for a thrilling "dagger in your heart" touchdown.

Yes, yesterday was one to remember --- a game that brought the Brown's record up to 7-3, first time since 2007, and cemented them firmly in Second Place in the AFC North. GO BROWNS! Here's the highlights (and note how not one player on either side used a stick or chalk)... :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Nice cover to honor ancestors Jimbob. Football? Gee, you must not have known there was a big money one pocket pool matchup being live streamed over the weekend. Tony "T Rex" Cochan vs. Scott "The Freezer" Frost. One pocket is a slow and strategic pool game, but can be thrilling to watch for those who know what's going on. A hard fought battle over days of play..1st to win 30 games took home all the cheese. T Rex squeaked out the win...I figured it was a coin flip match, but kinda hoped the Freezer could pull it off.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
What? You watched football when there was a 3 day one pocket big money match between Tony "T Rex" Cochan and Scott "The Freezer" Frost being streamed on pay per view? Forgot to explain the game of one pocket. Winner of the lag breaks a full rack of 15 balls. The first player to pocket 8 balls in his pre designated corner pocket wins the game. Each player has his own designated corner pocket.

Sounds simple, right? Go ahead, just try it.

I noted that neither player took a knee, or made any gestures proclaiming a political viewpoint...it was ALL about the game.

·
37,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,339
Yeah, but at least football players aren't sissies. :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Yeah, but at least football players aren't sissies. :ROFLMAO:
Ohhh,,if you saw T Rex and the Freezer, you wouldn't say that to their faces...both guys you'd want with you if you had to walk down a dark alley. T rex got out of prison a few years ago...

Here's T Rex making one hell of a one pocket escape shot...see where the rail height is in relation to his knee...Frost is almost as big as Tony..

SICK SHOT! Tony Chohan - One Pocket Escape! - YouTube

Here's the Freezer warming up before a money match...no need to watch the entire 4 hours.
Still wanna call 'em sissies? Yeah, they're both kinda old now, not in football shape...but man, they're both pretty big guys...both experienced with walks on the tough side of life.

Think about it...can't be too sissy if you're willing to walk out of a pool room carrying $ thousands in winnings with everybody in there knowing what's in your pocket...this despite being pretty well protected in many cases.

Scott Frost vs Danny Smith - $40,000 One Pocket Match - YouTube

39321 - 39340 of 39359 Posts