Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
39761 - 39780 of 39863 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
38,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,761
When doing lens replacement, they maybe should place a secure strap across one's forehead, Jimbob. 😬
That precisely what I thought when it happened. Kind of stupid to put someone in la-la land and then expect them to remain still. It might've even been nice for the doctor to have told me that before beginning the procedure. "Whatever you do, don't move a muscle!" would've gone a long way. But a strap? Perfect solution!

·
38,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,762 (Edited)
Another fine double post, brought to you by the jumping, hopping, skipping, stuttering posting amenities provided by the fine technicians at IMBOC!

Reactions: pwd72s

·
38,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,763
Boy howdy, will I EVER remember that!

FWIW, Scotsman Jayson Shaw, ranked in the world's top 5, has the pool nickname "eagle eye".

So, should I get lens replacement surgery I should be able to run 9 racks of 10 ball during a pressure filled tournament, just like he did, right?
100-percent guaranteed! In fact, you will also be faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! 👀

Reactions: pwd72s

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
Love those cross over manifolds that Mopar used back in the day. Sure they aren't as effective as more conventional designs, but boy..they just look so damned cool!

Well, guess I'll find out on the lens replacement time once my cataracts grow a bit more. Actually, I'd be giddy if my game would pick up just a ball or two. Or maybe 3?

·
38,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,765 (Edited)
Love those cross over manifolds that Mopar used back in the day. Sure they aren't as effective as more conventional designs, but boy..they just look so damned cool!

Well, guess I'll find out on the lens replacement time once my cataracts grow a bit more. Actually, I'd be giddy if my game would pick up just a ball or two. Or maybe 3?
You will see so clearly you will be amazed. My first reaction was, "Holy CHIT!" as I recall. :ROFLMAO:

There is one little adjustment you'll have to get used to, though. Bright lights at night --- they will darn nearly blind you. Be prepared for it. You'll learn to expect it and just look away when you see halogen headlights approaching (or morons with their high-beams on). Small trade-off, though, for the "eagle vision" you get. Why, you'll catch so many field mice you won't know what to do with them all! :D

10-4 on the snake manifolds.

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
Hey, the eagles are back here. On my drive of the backroads in the way to get that poke in they eye, they were easy to spot as they perched in the still leafless trees. Why are they back? The sheep are back as well, grazing on the green ryegrass fields. Soon lambs will be born. Eagles like rack of lamb for easter too...

Thanks for the tip...but may be a long time before I go for the surgery. Sure would feel strange to dump glasses. I've worn 'em since 4th grade...

·
38,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,767 (Edited)
Hey, the eagles are back here. On my drive of the backroads in the way to get that poke in they eye, they were easy to spot as they perched in the still leafless trees. Why are they back? The sheep are back as well, grazing on the green ryegrass fields. Soon lambs will be born. Eagles like rack of lamb for easter too...

Thanks for the tip...but may be a long time before I go for the surgery. Sure would feel strange to dump glasses. I've worn 'em since 4th grade...
That issue will come up, too. My doc asked if he could make my eyes just a tad in need of glasses, so that after the surgery I would still wear them (since I"ve worn them nearly all my life). I told him, heck no --- that I wanted to be free of them. That's where my "stupid raise the head" stunt came in handy. Turned out, I did need a lens for at least THAT eye. The other lens is basically clear glass (plastic). But, it turned out to be a good thing. For whatever reason, if you needed bifocals (or reading glasses) before, you still will after the surgery. I tried going "without" glasses and got sick and tired of searching the house to find reading glasses. It was a pain. By having to wear the bifocals, that is no longer a problem. ¿Comprendé?

Lambchop? Some critters have a fetish for baby eagle, too. :oops:

Long time before your surgery? Well, you'd better go back and cut and paste all my fine "tips," then. 👀

Reactions: bullit4404

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,100 Posts
That issue will come up, too. My doc asked if he could make my eyes just a tad in need of glasses, so that after the surgery I would still wear them (since I"ve worn them nearly all my life). I told him, heck no --- that I wanted to be free of them. That's where my "stupid raise the head" stunt came in handy. Turned out, I did need a lens for at least THAT eye. The other lens is basically clear glass (plastic). But, it turned out to be a good thing. For whatever reason, if you needed bifocals (or reading glasses) before, you still will after the surgery. I tried going "without" glasses and got sick and tired of searching the house to find reading glasses. It was a pain. By having to wear the bifocals, that is no longer a problem. ¿Comprendé?
Ya, the lazer surgery - lenses, only helps with near sightedness and not far sightedness (reading.)

·
38,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,770
Nar sighted I am...no problem reading without glasses..
But, with completely new lenses in your eyes all that could change! 👀

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
Into the great unknown, eh? Well, we'll see...or at least I hope I will. Have to admit some nervousness over having my eyes cut on.

In the meanwhile...sure wishing the Browns good luck tomorrow night. Since the sea chickens are out, maybe Vicki will jump on board for the Browns?

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,100 Posts
Into the great unknown, eh? Well, we'll see...or at least I hope I will. Have to admit some nervousness over having my eyes cut on.

In the meanwhile...sure wishing the Browns good luck tomorrow night. Since the sea chickens are out, maybe Vicki will jump on board for the Browns?
Paul, since Bill has passed (will be a year on the 12th) I don't keep track of them anymore.

·
38,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,773
The Browns will need some sincere prayers for tonight. They haven't won a game in Pittsburg since Jesus was a small boy. On top of that, COVID Protocols have reared their ugly head again and we won't have our play-calling genius coach Stefanski or our Pro Bowl monster left guard Bitonio tonight. Grrr... PRAY! PLEASE!

Reactions: FarmerDon

·
38,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,774
King of the Luxobarges!

Sept. 2, 2018. The date this proud baby rolled onto Nifty 50s. Worth another look? You decide!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A brick and pudding beast that could fly!

Try to imagine a bowl of pudding over 17-feet long. Imagine it with fins so tall and stout that they could impale a kill a full-grown rhinoceros. Try to imagine 500-lbs. of extra weight in chrome alone. Now imagine it could fly. Its builders did. And they did everything possible to create this illusion, dubbing it the "B-58," suggesting flight in their ads, and slathering it in more chrome and scoops and aviation-oriented do-dads than you could count. Yes, this was the Buick for 1958. A beast the likes of which there will be no other. If one car exemplifies the "luxo-barge" era, it would have to be this one. It did, however, have specially-designed finned brakes which gave it the best braking of any car on the road. So, that's something. Here's today's...

RANDOM CLASSIC!

1958 Buick Special Series 40 convertible (Model 46C)
1958 Buick Series 40 Special - conceptcarz.com and 1958 Buick Special Convertible - Model 46C

364 cu. in. V-8, 250 h.p. @ 4,400 rpm

Buoyant? Isn't that what they say about boats?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KURT'S KUTIES?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PAUL'S PATINA!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPECIAL BONUS VIDEO!

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
Well, miracles happen...maybe one will happen for the Browns. The Buick? How did the kutie in the last pic ever get into those jeans?

(edit) Did see those Buick finned drums used on the front of a fenderless high boy roadster.
Thought they looked cool...also imagined how it would stop on a dime with a lot less weight than the Buick the brakes came from.

·
Premium Member
5,829 Posts
Well, miracles happen...maybe one will happen for the Browns. The Buick? How did the kutie in the last pic ever get into those jeans?

(edit) Did see those Buick finned drums used on the front of a fenderless high boy roadster.
Thought they looked cool...also imagined how it would stop on a dime with a lot less weight than the Buick the brakes came from.
Go Browns!! Titans stumbled literally and are done :cautious:

Reactions: Jimbob

·
38,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,778
Vicki, meet me in the hay loft of the barn and I'll give you more than hugs. And no "virtual" monkey business! 😋

·
38,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,779 (Edited)

Keep praying and don't stop. They'll be like a one-legged man in an a$$-kicking contest tonight.

Less weight? Hey, the '58 Special drop top only weighed 4,165 lbs. :rolleyes:

BTW, they painted those white pants on that kutie. Look closer. She's nude! :oops:

Reactions: FarmerDon

·
38,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,780
DON'T STOP PRAYING! SO FAR GOD HAS BEEN LISTENNG!

HALFTIME SCORE:
BROWNS 35
STEELERS 10

DON'T STOP PRAYING!

THANK YOU!

WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!

39761 - 39780 of 39863 Posts