Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
39781 - 39800 of 39863 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,829 Posts
DON'T STOP PRAYING! SO FAR GOD HAS BEEN LISTENNG!

HALFTIME SCORE:
BROWNS 35
STEELERS 10

DON'T STOP PRAYING!

THANK YOU!

WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!
🤭😇🤩

Reactions: pwd72s

·
Premium Member
5,829 Posts
🤭😇🤩
Your prayers have been answered.
Your ship has come in!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS to the Cleveland Browns.
Browns and the Chiefs next Sunday !! OMG:unsure::censored:

Reactions: pwd72s and Jimbob

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
38,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,784

·
38,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,787
Jimbob now believes in the power of prayer and that miracles can happen!

And now, a fitting "PICKLE RAID..."

And for those of you who somehow managed to miss last night's miracle from God, here's the highlight reel...

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
Wow..who'd a thunk. Browns looked like they played "prevent" for the 2nd half. Did that make ya nervous, Jimbob?

You know what they say about "prevent"...yeah, prevents you from winning. Also, was that Bug Ben's final game? Throwing that many interceptions is frowned upon by coaches and owners...

Thanks for posting the highlights. That meant I could watch the game without any of the "PC" messages the NFL loves inserting in the actual games...a turn off for me.

(edit) And for those who'd actually like to hear the song:

Kansas City-Wilbert Harrison-1959 - YouTube

·
38,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,789
Wow..who'd a thunk. Browns looked like they played "prevent" for the 2nd half. Did that make ya nervous, Jimbob?

You know what they say about "prevent"...yeah, prevents you from winning. Also, was that Bug Ben's final game? Throwing that many interceptions is frowned upon by coaches and owners...

Thanks for posting the highlights. That meant I could watch the game without any of the "PC" messages the NFL loves inserting in the actual games...a turn off for me.

(edit) And for those who'd actually like to hear the song:

Kansas City-Wilbert Harrison-1959 - YouTube
Big Ben had a bad day. Very bad. Poor guy. He just walked over to the bench, flopped down and cried. Alligator tears. Poor, poor Ben. And yes, the "prevent" BS was not only scaring me, it was pizzzzzzzzzzing me off royal. Glad they finally woke up and fired the engine up again. Otherwise it would've headed for yet another "oh chit" ending. All those guys but one on the pre-game show picked Pittsburg to win. I'll bet that one guy that picked the Browns had a field day laughing and saying "I told you so" to them.

Yes, that's the old original of Kansas City. It's cool, but it's not Beatles cool. I know it's a lot different, but it rocks more imho. So there.

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
It wasn't the different version done by the Beatles...it was all those 2021 grandmas and great grandmas screaming...I couldn't hear the Music.

Betcha bookies cried when Steelers got whupped.

Kansas City..superbowl champs of 2020. As we now know..miracles can happen. For Cleveland's sake...hope it comes true.

(edit) That American Graffiti soundtrack CD is on my recommend list...it's almost as good as those mix tapes I used to make back in the day. 😀

·
38,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,791
It wasn't the different version done by the Beatles...it was all those 2021 grandmas and great grandmas screaming...I couldn't hear the Music.

Betcha bookies cried when Steelers got whupped.

Kansas City..superbowl champs of 2020. As we now know..miracles can happen. For Cleveland's sake...hope it comes true.
Patrick Mahomes is a mean quarterback, but Baker Mayfield is no slouch. Plus, he can be "dangerous..." :oops: PLUS, we have NICK CHUBB!

Read it and weep, Kansas City...

·
38,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,792
Meanwhile, back at the Beatles....

·
38,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,793
Here's the number again, only this time with a slightly older Paul and a whole 'who's who" of music backing him. And the crowd? Mostly the grandkids and great-grandkids of those aforementioned grandmas and great grandmas. They don't scream as loud.

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
Wow! Ever turned on a boxing match, only to hope they stop an obviously one sided fight before the one who's surely to lose gets hurt? Well, I quit watching the college championship game before the half ended for the same reason.

Glad I watched both of those videos instead. Saw out takes from their "rooftop" and last concert in the first video. And yeah...just a bit of talent accompanying Paul in that second one. Might be easier to search for who wasn't there..

So...thanks Jimbob. And..Go Browns!

·
38,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,795 (Edited)
Wow! Ever turned on a boxing match, only to hope they stop an obviously one sided fight before the one who's surely to lose gets hurt? Well, I quit watching the college championship game before the half ended for the same reason.

Glad I watched both of those videos instead. Saw out takes from their "rooftop" and last concert in the first video. And yeah...just a bit of talent accompanying Paul in that second one. Might be easier to search for who wasn't there..

So...thanks Jimbob. And..Go Browns!
You are most welcome.

I have to be honest. Prior to the Steelers-Browns battle Sunday night, deep down I had little real expectation it would be anything but a rout, with Big Ben and Company smiling and high-fiving as they strutted off the field. I had mental pictures of Baker Mayfield, eyes glassed over, his teamates slowly walking off the field with heads hung low. To his credit, even in defeat, I saw Mayfield searching out Big Ben and congratulating him -- not sitting on the sideline bench, crying and congratulating no one. But then, Baker is a class act, so...

Mahomes and his group may well be the victors this coming Sunday, but I guarantee one thing --- when the game ends, they will know they've been in a fight. It's all up to the Good Lord how it all turns out.

And that's all I have to say about that.

As for the big "who's who" concert, I get a kick out of that little bald guy who shakes tambouine and plays other little rhythm instruments. He turns that simple task into a full-blown SHOW! I can't help but think of "Tommy Tambourine" every time I see that little guy in action.

Tommy was a lanky young man who would show up every time we played this one country-western venue down near Blossom Music Center, south of Cleveland. Tommy would be wearing a bright blue Elvis jumpsuit, complete with a neckscarf, white patent leather boots and hair slicked back with 10W40 motor oil. We'd break into a rock tune and Tommy would fire up. Jumping all over the stage like a jackrabbit, doing cartwheels, running out into the crowd, jumping up on tables, spinning, doing backflips on the dance floor, all the while shaking a tambourine festooned with colored streamers --- a blaze of pure energy! Yes sir, Tommy Tambourine was a sight to behold! o_O

We'd slip him a few bucks and buy him a pitcher of draft beer for the effort. :ROFLMAO:

·
38,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,797 (Edited)
Tommy Tambourine...just a hellofa story...thanks!

And..Go Browns!
True story. You can't make stuff like that up. The poor boy was, well, let's just say he was a few bricks shy of a load and just wanted some attention I think. Those "performances" meant the world to him and we just didn't have the heart to tell him "no." Seems there's always someone like that in the crowd. In fact, that joint had more than one.

We also had "Wipeout Betty." It was sort of a contest between her and the drummer (me), to see who would fold first. I'd keep speeding the tempo up each time the drum solo part came around and tried to wear her down. Never could, though. My arms would always give out before she did. We asked her once where she got all that energy and she (a cute, petite blonde) told us how she used to be obese and crash dieted herself into the shapely little dancer she was. "After I lost all that weight I had so much energy I thought I could jump over the roof of my house!" she said. I believe she could've!

·
38,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,799
Go-Go girls, you say? Hmmmmmmm...

39781 - 39800 of 39863 Posts