Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
40121 - 40140 of 40184 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,405 Posts
Now for a 23 minutes pickle raid, Imagine yourself as a Decca records executive, listening to audition tapes, looking for the next hot group or performer to sign...an act that would sell many millions of records. So, after listening to this, you decide...nope...not for Decca. Don't call us, we'll call you...

The Beatles - Decca Audition, January 1 1962 - YouTube

·
Premium Member
14,405 Posts
To tell you how times have changed: In High School I was in the Army Cadets. We had a range in the basement of the school, in the cafeteria! The ladies would close up the kitchen, and we'd pop the doors off the range box to reveal stacked railway ties and a foot of sand in behind. We shot converted 22 cal. Lee Enfields with telescopic peep sights. I was a good shot, got my "cross rifles and crown," expert level. 10 shots in the bullseye in one minute from the prone position at 50 ft. Single shot, bolt action. Now, of course, no guns allowed in schools. This was in the late 60's and it was normal to hear gun fire in the hall after 3:30 PM.
My high school had a gun club as well.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
38,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,123
Now for a 23 minutes pickle raid, Imagine yourself as a Decca records executive, listening to audition tapes, looking for the next hot group or performer to sign...an act that would sell many millions of records. So, after listening to this, you decide...nope...not for Decca. Don't call us, we'll call you...

The Beatles - Decca Audition, January 1 1962 - YouTube
Can't say as I blame Decca. That demo sucked canal water! Pizzpoor song selection, didn't highlight their harmony talent and, most of all, lacked the steady beat of Ringo. Even with all that, what I heard at Crosley Field in Aug. 1966 had me very dieappointed. They sucked! Seriously sucked! Their success was due to wizardry in the recording studio. Period.

·
38,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,124
hmmm...

·
Premium Member
14,405 Posts
Gotta agree...they kind of sounded like a band hired for the freshman hop. In '66? You could hear them over the screaming? ;)

(edit) Sorry so slow on the switch...was watching a 1990 matchup...Earl the Pearl Strickland vs. Nick "the kentucky colonel" Varner. If I could play like either of them, I'd be a contender...LOL!

Zzzz

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Nick Varner. Owensboro, Ky. 50 miles North of me. Also home of the Waltrip brothers of NASCAR fame and Moonlite BBQ! Gooooood food!!!!:cool:

·
38,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,127
Nick Varner. Owensboro, Ky. 50 miles North of me. Also home of the Waltrip brothers of NASCAR fame and Moonlite BBQ! Gooooood food!!!!:cool:
You seem to live within striking distance of anyone who is anyone! Makes one wonder why you live so far away from the Great and Powerful Jimbob... Hmmm...

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Just Lucky I guess!:):LOL::ROFLMAO::p

Reactions: Jimbob

·
38,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,130 (Edited)
How do you list the Top 12 and leave out Jim Backus (Mr. Magoo and Gilligan's Island?)

There's a list of 120 famous people from Cleveland, but I didn't recognize a heap of those names.

Hmmm, I'll trade you Steve Harvey for Jo Collins. Deal? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
14,405 Posts
Nope...not even with Jo being 75 now...father time is so cruel...she should have been able to remain as she was in '64...

·
38,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,132
Nope...not even with Jo being 75 now...father time is so cruel...she should have been able to remain as she was in '64...
(I'll even throw in Halle Berry and Tom Hanks.... that's a real deal!)

·
38,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,133
Once upon a time...

·
Premium Member
14,405 Posts
And it's all real...not a speck of silicone, Yes, Janet Canoy, aka Jo Collins, was amazing eye candy during her glory days.

(edit) Matter of fact, she gets my nod as the absolute yummiest of all the eye candy posted on this thread. Argue if you choose to,,,

·
38,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,135

How many of you remember "dress codes" back in school? Or, how about that mean teacher or principal who thought they were the Gestapo?

We had one of those "Gestapo" men for a principal. Here's the story.

Our first principal wore an ungodly ugly wide, wide tie with a big flamingo on it. One pre-planned day per year, all of us kids would raid our dad's ties and find the widest and ugliest, then sneak it and wear it at school. Since the nearly-bald principal's nickname was "Fuzz," the day was known as "Fuzz Tie Day." After the second Fuzz Tie Day, the following opening day of school Fuzz called a special school assembly in the school gym. He started his lecture with, "Why-uh, we had it last year and we had it the year before that. But we're NOT going to have it this year!" Of course, he was wrong. We had it. That bit of tomfoolery, though, backfired big time. Fuzz was fired and a new, much younger principal hired. This man was downright mean and would punish the boys with a horrible beating with a thick wooden paddle with holes drilled in it. These day's he would be sent to prison for those beatings. Yes, this man missed his calling. Everyone said he would've made a perfect Gestapo man in Nazi Germany.

Here's the film. Enjoy. OR ELSE!

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Car Whisperer
21,049 Posts
me too.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
We had a crazy math teacher who threw a guy out the first floor window into the garden below. Then he packed up his stuff and said, "F--k this S--t, I quit." Never saw him again. His name was Mr. Devine. Can't make this stuff up.

·
Premium Member
14,405 Posts
There were the "cool kids"...mostly the jocks and their girlfriends. Top of that heap was the Quarterback and the yell queen. Various groups...but generally speaking, the "cool kids" were happy while the rest of us suffered along in various forms of misery. I was a dork among the miserable...scared to death about the future.

I'm not one to go to high school reunions...

40121 - 40140 of 40184 Posts