Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
40501 - 40520 of 40602 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
38,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,501
Too late, Paul. You're ALREADY the best at something. You're the best pool bull-chitter in the world! 😁

·
38,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,503
That vid doesn't get down to the real nitty gritty. Watch this one, where he pretends to be a painter and hustles a guy out of of $5,000.00. Sweet con job! Start watching from 28:50 and the card game scene and you won't have to watch a lot of the same stuff over.

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Premium Member
14,548 Posts
LOL! Yeah, seen it before. Lots of inside jokes there with casting. "Miz", the fat guy losing the big poker pot? Steve Miserak. May he rest in peace. One of the greatest...if my eyes didn't fool me, that was none other than a young Efren Reyes warming up on the bar table in the opening shot. Think I spotted Danny Medina as well...another good player.

Pretty Boy? He was a pretty good player back in his day, but not a tip-top talent... couldn't hang with Archer, Seigel, Varner, and others of the top 10. Damned if I can remember the name of the guy who "lost" the hustle...

Anyway, here's another funny one done by Eddie "pretty boy Floyd" Mataya and Danny Medina...

The Hustle - YouTube

·
38,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,505 (Edited)

While we anxiously await the arrival of the Easter Bunny and Tim's new funny cars, here's an unusual rat rod that I featured many moons ago and dedicated to our own Farmer Don. A farmer named Bruce Bauer from Minnesota took an old run-of-the-mill manure wagon, mounted it to the frame of a Chevy S-10 pickup, added antique farm items and a small block V-8 and POOF! A Manure Rod!

News article on Bauer's manure rod at: Hastings car buff builds hodge-podge hot rod

·
Car Whisperer
21,137 Posts

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!!!!

·
38,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,511 (Edited)
Flashback to Oct. 6, 2016...

================================================

Here come the Judge!

I seem to detect subtle murmuring out there for a Tin Indian. Since we're stuck in 1970 I can think of none better than the car my dear sister chastised me for not buying, the day I drove up in my new '70 Mustang Mach I. Inspired by Sammy Davis Jr.'s Laugh-In skit of a robed judge, it started out as a warmed-over Tempest, but in no time became a legend in its own right. By 1970 it had grown into a formidable addition to the muscle mania sweeping the nation. Here's today's...

RANDOM CLASSIC!

1970 Pontiac GTO Judge
Pontiac GTO History

400 cid V-8, 366 h.p.

Totally stock example...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KURT'S KUTIES (HOME RUN!)

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KAPUT KLUNKER!

DOG WISDOM OF THE DAY!

·
38,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,512

·
Premium Member
14,548 Posts
Well, at least "the Judge" had some grunt to go with it's "design by decal" looks. I recall the first one I saw, also Orange, and thinking...well, not favorably about it's looks. Best looking GTO for my eyes? '65. Hands down.

Sure did enjoy that inventions video. A kid today probably wouldn't have a clue what they are, but I still have hundreds of Music cassettes, made from borrowed and my own LP vinyl. I always used high bias tape, so they all still play well in my old nakamichi deck. I still play 'em from time to time. Remember making them to "preserve" the vinyl...also the fun of making mix tapes for road trips, etc.

·
38,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,514 (Edited)
Well, at least "the Judge" had some grunt to go with it's "design by decal" looks. I recall the first one I saw, also Orange, and thinking...well, not favorably about it's looks. Best looking GTO for my eyes? '65. Hands down.

Sure did enjoy that inventions video. A kid today probably wouldn't have a clue what they are, but I still have hundreds of Music cassettes, made from borrowed and my own LP vinyl. I always used high bias tape, so they all still play well in my old nakamichi deck. I still play 'em from time to time. Remember making them to "preserve" the vinyl...also the fun of making mix tapes for road trips, etc.
Pearl still has her Black & White Zenith console TV from back in the late-50s (or early 60s) up in the attic. It has the "Flash-Matic Tuning" and everything works just like new. But watching things in black & white is a real drag. Color TV put those old boxes to bed for good. Still, it would probably fetch a tidy sum of cash if she decided to sell it. But that won't happen. She hangs onto everything as if she wants it all stuffed into her pyramid after she's gone. A regular Pharaoh she is. Here's a console a lot like hers.

NOTE: I'm going to say Pearl's TV is from the early 60s. The Zenith remote control is a "Space Command" and is more modern looking than the old "Flash-Matic." On top of that, most of the TVs this style were color, starting in the mid-60s. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

·
Premium Member
14,548 Posts
One thing I noticed was the speaker grilles on that old Zenith...bet it delivers beautiful sound...far better than the itty bitty standard flat screen TV speakers of today...with the sound worse than comes from an old transistor radio.

·
38,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,516 (Edited)
One thing I noticed was the speaker grilles on that old Zenith...bet it delivers beautiful sound...far better than the itty bitty standard flat screen TV speakers of today...with the sound worse than comes from an old transistor radio.
Yes, it has a deep, rich tone. Music sounds great on it, if you don't mind watching bands in black & white.

Reactions: pwd72s

·
38,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,517 (Edited)
And now, we ponder the age-old question of our youth. The one about our dreams...

Did people dream in black and white before color TV?

Gabriel Harper, Freelance Brain Surgeon
Gabriel Harper - Quora

Originally Answered: Did people dream in black and white before TV?

"Actually, yes. Some studies have shown black & white dreams were far more common before color TV was popular.

Did they dream exclusively in black & white? No, but a surprising number of people report that their dreams were predominantly black and white.

Something like 4 in 5 people currently in their sixties reported that their dreams were less vivid and commonly lacked color, according to a survey published by the American Psychological Association.

I wouldn't necessarily say there is a conclusive study on the subject (and the survey data released by APA has a strikingly small test pool), but is not really all that far-fetched.

TV is powerful. It engages you in incredibly vivid and fast-paced images. It's not surprising that this influences our dreams."

·
38,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,518 (Edited)
Speaking of "bands in black and white...."

If you have some free time, here's a complete British show, "Ready, Steady, Go!" Pay particular attention to Cilla Brown, a bug-cute English girl who had some out of this world pipes! She sings "You're My World" at about 4:00 min. into the vid.

Note: Sadly, Cilla is no longer with us. She died in 2015 after a bad fall at her villa, from a brain hemorrhage (no one found her for four hours). She was only 72. May she rest in eternal peace.

More on Cilla at: Cilla Black - Wikipedia

·
Premium Member
14,548 Posts
Quite a compilation of the greats of the time...thanks for posting Jimbob. RIP sweet Cilla. The music that moved us...

40501 - 40520 of 40602 Posts