Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
40741 - 40760 of 40806 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,741 ·

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,742 · (Edited)
Jimbob eats crow! 👀

So, I did a little research and have come to the conclusion that maybe, just maybe I should've kicked the tires on that AMC Eagle a couple more times. It turns out that it was at least 30 years ahead of its time and was a very nimble, capable and quality vehicle. It turns out that I was wrong. By 1980, Chrysler Corp. had taken the reins at AMC and were making determined efforts to introduce products that would bolster sales and maybe, just maybe help remove those ingrained blocks of stigma in many people's heads. The Eagle ran from 1980-87 and was available in various forms, including a sport sedan and even a convertible. It was a noble effort and offered the world its very first SUV, long before the term had been uttered. Here then, is today's...

RANDOM CLASSIC!

1980 AMC Eagle Wagon Unique and memorable AMC Eagle was a pioneer | Hagerty Media and AMC Eagle - Wikipedia and https://www.automobile-catalog.com/make/amc/eagle/eagle/1980.html

258 cu. in. I-6, 110 h.p.

And that (due to a paltry limit of only 10 pictures) concludes this post.

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,743 · (Edited)
However, in a cunning move of sheer wit, will and determination, here is PART 2 of the above post! :ROFLMAO:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KLASSIC KUTIES!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHIMP'S CLUNKER!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BONUS VIDEO!

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,745 · (Edited)

Hold it! What's going on out there?! Just hold it! I have been informed by the all-knowing Wizard of Oz that maybe, just maybe, today's encounter with the "limit of 10" might have been, well, fake news. Thus, I was advised the actual limit should be 25 and encouraged to "test" this out. All of which fills me with hope and potential joy. I can think of no better way to test the situation than to recreate the long lost posting of [enter drum roll here]....................

TESTING COMPLETE. VERDICT?

AND THE WINNER IS........

Bike10.jpg

Reactions: FarmerDon

·
Premium Member
14,611 Posts
Hey, just hold it! Only one judge? No jury? What's going on? I'm going to have to scroll through ALL the pics, studying each one at length, before I can pick my idea of the winner.

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,747 · (Edited)
Hey, just hold it! Only one judge? No jury? What's going on? I'm going to have to scroll through ALL the pics, studying each one at length, before I can pick my idea of the winner.
Well, I just figured that since the country is being run that way, I could too. Have we returned to a free nation and I just didn't get the memo?

Actually, a glitch had taken her pic out of the line-up, so rather than crawl through the worms of putting her back up in the line, I just left her where she was and pretended she was the "winner." It was only a ploy. Fake news!

Truth told, if we were voting, I'd pick the 8th one down from the top (the blonde in red plastic shorts, white top, on the blue bike. She puts me in mind of that "first time girl" I mentioned in my '65 Mustang fastback post).

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,749 · (Edited)
Hmnm..you sure that isn't an old pic? Brigit Bardot? Sure looks like her...
Nope. Not Brigette. Just a look-alike kutie. (Get this. She's 86 now!)... 😲

The real deal...

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,750 · (Edited)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LET'S MOVE TO TITAN!

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,752 ·

Reactions: bullit4404

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,753 · (Edited)
CLASSIC PICKLE!

Man, the Bellamy Brothers are singing my life on this one. Best version of the three!

He’ll be fifty-five (74) this weekend
Can’t believe he’s lived this long
But now he hangs out with the (great) grandkids
Instead of toking on his bong
He still thinks about the crazy days
But thanks his God above
That he traded in the love-in’s
For a greater kind of love
He still shoots them that old peace sign,
still gentle as a dove.

He loves all kinds of music
Country rock with a little roll
But now a day’s he’s partial too
The melodies that save his soul
Life has put him through the wringer
Friends have fallen through the cracks.
And all the trips he’s taken
have been to hell and back.
He don’t feel that cool no more
But he don’t care and that’s a fact.

He’s an old hippie
Getting older every day
But his eyes are on the prize
And his faith ain’t gonna stray.
He’s an old hippie
He knows what his life is for,
trying to get right with the Man,
before he goes knocking on Heaven’s door.

He’s been confused by the issues
From Vietnam to Desert Storm.
But he prays every night for,
The guys and gals in uniform.
He ain’t trying to convert you,
Just glad for your new start.
And he won’t be preaching to you,
Like some born again old fart.
He’ll just tell you about the love he’s found
Deep within his heart.

He’s an old hippie
Getting older every day
He’s an old hippie

Well he skips the crowds and the gatherings
Spends some quiet time alone.
His family is his universe
And Heaven is his home.
He’s seen and done it all
Been in the belly of the whale
He’s looked the devil in the eye
And sent him back to hell
He thanks dear Jesus every day,
That he’s lived to tell the tale.

He’s an old hippie
Getting older every day
He’s an old hippie
Just trying to get right with the Man,
before he goes, knocking on Heaven’s door.

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,754 · (Edited)
HOLD IT! JUST HOLD IT! AGAIN!

Here in the past few days I've noticed a recurring problem on the site. At first, I thought it was just a fluke. But, nope --- it's happening all the time now. Anytime I try to navigate to a new page or thread, I get two polar bears fighting in a snowstorm (blank white screen). To get the page to come up I have to hit "refresh" and wait like a monkey. And with that, I turn the issue over to the IT pros. Thank you!

How does a monkey wait, you ask?

·
Premium Member
14,611 Posts
Yeh...me too. Frankly, this "new and improved" board is the most difficult to navigate and has more problems than any other board I visit. My solution to the blank screen is to hit "back", then wait a bit, and try again. Usually works...

Brigit...86 now. Hmmm, that means I'm...OMG! Oh well, I thank her for pubescent fantasies. Today we enjoy old man fantasies...

Titan? Guess we're stuck here...despite wishing there was a way to be beamed up...

Pickle raids? Good ones, Jimbob. Not the best audio on that homemade McCartney video tho...probably sounded great if you were there.

Also, happy 73rd Jimbob. Keep in mind...many of our buddies didn't make it as far as we have.

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,756 · (Edited)
Yeh...me too. Frankly, this "new and improved" board is the most difficult to navigate and has more problems than any other board I visit. My solution to the blank screen is to hit "back", then wait a bit, and try again. Usually works...

Brigit...86 now. Hmmm, that means I'm...OMG! Oh well, I thank her for pubescent fantasies. Today we enjoy old man fantasies...

Titan? Guess we're stuck here...despite wishing there was a way to be beamed up...

Pickle raids? Good ones, Jimbob. Not the best audio on that homemade McCartney video tho...probably sounded great if you were there.

Also, happy 73rd Jimbob. Keep in mind...many of our buddies didn't make it as far as we have.
Yeah, "refresh" works too. Just a family size PITA is all.

Brigette was the cat's meow back in the day. But, she got old, wrinkly and fat, just like the rest of us.

Average temp on Titan is Minus-179° F. Talk about freezing your balz off! 😲

Yeah, I knew the sound sucked on the vid. But it was too good not to post. (Check out new version below).

No. 73 birthday really doesn't come until June 30. MARK YOUR CALENDAR! (Still longing for an Arvin 60R63 transistor radio!)... :rolleyes:

Hey, on Titan I wouldn't even be three years old yet! :ROFLMAO:

This wraps it up for today. And that's the way it is.

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,757 ·
Still a lot of crowd noise (can't get away from it), but the sound of the music is much better on this one...

·
Car Whisperer
21,171 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,611 Posts
Actually, I liked the Pinto body design...almost sports car like. Imagine one restomodded a hot little Cosworth Ford up front, much better drivetrain. suspension and brakes. You'd need all that to keep from getting rear ended...🤣

Saw an interview with Paul...a funny recounting of a stranger saying :"you look like Paul McCartney." Paul responded: "I've been told that before. Boy, I'd sure like to have his money."

40741 - 40760 of 40806 Posts