Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
40761 - 40780 of 40806 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,761 ·
Also, happy 73rd Jimbob. Keep in mind...many of our buddies didn't make it as far as we have.
You're not going to believe this, but in a moment of doubt I decided to make sure of that 73 number and punched it up on the calculator. Eegads! I was WRONG! I'll be turning 74! :oops:

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Premium Member
5,907 Posts
I didn’t think you were 1 month younger than me. Your 11 months older. 🤪

Reactions: Jimbob

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,764 · (Edited)
I'll leave the age discussions to you kids...
...said the old wise man from high upon his mountain perch. :ROFLMAO:

NOTE: In Venezuela and parts of Colombia guarimba means hiding, shelter. Place where protesters hide, fleeing from the authorities. Street protest movements are also called guarimba.

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,765 · (Edited)
Some very interesting people were born in '47...

Born in 1947
  • Hillary Clinton, 73. First Lady, Practicing Witch.
  • Arnold Schwarzenegger, 73. Movie Actor.
  • Elton John, 74. Rock Singer.
  • David Bowie (1947-2016) Rock Singer.
  • Stephen King, 73. Novelist.
  • Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, 74. Basketball Player.
  • Jim Harper, 73. Professional Bullshitter.

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,767 · (Edited)
Eternal Classic!

Truth told, it didn't sell like hotcakes even back in "the day." I honestly don't recall ever seeing a single one rolling down the road back then. And for a freckle-faced kid, I followed the new cars closer than Sherlock Holmes on special assignment for the Queen. But, its price was higher than a cat's back. That aside, though, these cars left a mark that still shows after all these years.

They remain one of the most sought after classics of the fifties and still turn heads like they did in those early days of style. Chevy's new design, coupled with an all-new small block V-8 that could eat about every other car out there for breakfast, made it a very special station wagon. And one that would not, nor will ever be, forgotten. The Chevy Nomad of '55 through '57 will always be admired. Here's today's...

RANDOM CLASSIC!

1955 Chevrolet Bel Air Nomad station wagon and https://www.automobile-catalog.com/.../full-size_bel_air_2gen_nomad_wagon/1955.html

265 cu. in. V-8, 180 h.p.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KLASSIC KUTIES!

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEWLYWED'S FIRST SPAT!

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,768 · (Edited)
Loved "true iies" ...Jaimie Lee...tight and skimpy outfits...need I say more?
"True Lies" was on some off-the-wall cable channel last week and I had never seen the movie before. I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that dog scene, when Arnie said "Stay!" :ROFLMAO:

Great movie!

Reactions: pwd72s

·
Premium Member
14,611 Posts
Comedy, violence, and jiggle...perfect for out 14 year old minds....Yes, one of Arnie's best...

The nomad...one of Chevy's best. Today's cars may be safer and more efficient. But man...all those little SUV's look alike to me. As my daughter would say when in her teen years; "BORE-ing."

(edit) Just off a pool posting board. A guy started the thread titled "When did you first realize you were a strong player", then recounted a time he ran 4 racks of 10 ball in a row. The very first guy to respond beat me to it: "If it ever happens to me, I'll let you know." I figure I may be having more fun playing pool than those out there thinking they have something to prove. I know I have more fun than the pros. All it takes to prove that is the camera close-ups of the facial expression of a pro sitting in the chair when his opponent has an easy layout for the match winning rack. Looks like his dog just died...

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,770 ·
A brief, quick and dirty history of the Nomad...

·
Premium Member
14,611 Posts
A taste thing for sure, but to my eyes, the '57 fins kind of ruin the rear end look of the wagon body, So when it comes to Nomads, give me the aesthetics of the '55-'56. This does not necessarily apply to ragtops. ;)

Sorry for the longs absence today...a live stream of a pool tournament going on. Shane Van Boening in the hot seat...4 players now fighting it out to see who plays SVB in the finals. I always root for the underdogs here..but sure wouldn't bet that way. Players break just ended...back to it. Those playing now have the same Fargo rating area of my honorary nephew Matt...just below top pro level. Fun to watch...(edit) want to? Maybe an hour or 3 to go:
BSN Presents: The DynaSpheres Cup 10-Ball Championship $5,000 Added - YouTube

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,772 · (Edited)
A taste thing for sure, but to my eyes, the '57 fins kind of ruin the rear end look of the wagon body, So when it comes to Nomads, give me the aesthetics of the '55-'56. This does not necessarily apply to ragtops. ;)

Sorry for the longs absence today...a live stream of a pool tournament going on. Shane Van Boening in the hot seat...4 players now fighting it out to see who plays SVB in the finals. I always root for the underdogs here..but sure wouldn't bet that way. Players break just ended...back to it. Those playing now have the same Fargo rating area of my honorary nephew Matt...just below top pro level. Fun to watch...(edit) want to? Maybe an hour or 3 to go:
BSN Presents: The DynaSpheres Cup 10-Ball Championship $5,000 Added - YouTube
Paul, one of these days you're going to stumble out of bed, go to the bathroom, look in the mirror and see, well...........

:ROFLMAO:

I wholeheartedly concur with your assessment of the '57 Nomad. Not the right combo. But the convertible? Oh, yeah.....

:p

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,773 · (Edited)

Okay, enough of this sitting around like dunces in detention. Time to exercise those rocks inside your head. We haven't had a 50's Trivia around here since Jesus was still in kindergarten. This one promises that only the best of the best can get 8 out of 10 right. So I thought, "Yeah, right." Sure enough, though, I missed two of them. Duh. Here's the Quiz. Good luck and Godspeed!

LINK TO QUIZ:

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,774 · (Edited)
Mis-shapen Madness?

I was looking at that cartoon pic of Paul above and had an idea. Wouldn't it be a barrel of fun to have a set of balls like the ones drawn it that picture? Can you imagine trying to make a shot with an out-of-round cueball, against a target ball as lopsided as the Hunchback of Notre Dame? It would be hilarious! For extra fun, some of the balls could have lead weights buried in odd places inside the balls. The kit could even include two ridiculously crooked pool cues! Fun, I tell ya! 🤪:LOL:🤪

(It would have to beat standing around glassy-eyed in a smoke-filled room listening to guys fart, giggle and brag).

·
Premium Member
14,611 Posts
Aced the 50's quiz....too easy. Just don't make it a 2019's quiz...would probably flunk. Remember coming out of a store, pushing the button on the key of Cindy's Camry, wondering why there was no beep & lights flashing to unlock and take off the alarm. Then realized I was standing in front of a Nissan something or other of the same color. Yep...they all look alike,

"On a cloth untrue, with a twisted cue, and elliptical billiard balls" - Sir William S. Gilbert

Well, around 2 AM, our time...5 AM there...the finals were knotted up. Young New Yorker Raphael, playing dead stroke, had managed to hang with the best player in the USA, Shane Van Boening...and...I couldn't stay awake any longer! Old man can't keep up with the youngsters. Just made a post on the pool site, hoping to learn who won the $12,000. Would have been quite a feather in young Raphael's cap if he could have pulled it off. Play had started at 10 AM the previous day. Pool tournaments can become marathon events...testing staying power as much as skill. Thought processing gets fuzzy with lack of sleep...I could see it happening with Raphael's opponent during the semi finals...just tiny mistakes like the cue ball rolling a few inches more than planned...tiny mistakes are expensive at that level.

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,776 ·

·
Premium Member
14,611 Posts
Just learned...Shane, as expected, won. 9-5. Hey, I just love it when somebody is able to sneak up on one of the elites. It does happen from time to time. Just not this time. Loved this Raphael's attitude. Before the match he was asked about going up against Shane. He said something like...Poor Shane, he has to play me. LOL!

(edit) One of Shane's epic battles was on youtube. Bar box play...both players would break and run out...nobody missing a single ball. Shane's opponent scratched on one of his breaks...Shane got up and ran out. That was the difference for the entire match...one scratch on the break. No other mistakes by either player. Yeah, at the top level, they are that good...

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,778 ·

·
Premium Member
5,907 Posts
7 out of 10:mad:

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,780 ·