Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
40781 - 40800 of 40806 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,781 ·
Hot off the press!

Pearl had a special request for this 1979 Don Williams hit, so.......... I had to uncork the old Martin and appease her cravings. Anything for m'lady.

·
Premium Member
14,611 Posts
And..poof! The gif is gone.

Don't keel over from shock,,,but my late night youtube viewing last night wasn't pool. Maybe the tournament filled me up for a spell. Instead, I found a GREAT old western. Well, not all that old..made in 2001 with a great cast. "Warden of Red rock". Free...no ads. So, if you haven't seen it and have 90 minutes to waste...

Warden of Red Rock (2001) James Caan | Brian Dennehy - Western HD - YouTube

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,785 · (Edited)
And..poof! The gif is gone.

Don't keel over from shock,,,but my late night youtube viewing last night wasn't pool. Maybe the tournament filled me up for a spell. Instead, I found a GREAT old western. Well, not all that old..made in 2001 with a great cast. "Warden of Red rock". Free...no ads. So, if you haven't seen it and have 90 minutes to waste...

Warden of Red Rock (2001) James Caan | Brian Dennehy - Western HD - YouTube

Last western I watched was "The Magnificent Seven." It was good. Again!

·
Premium Member
14,611 Posts
LOL! Well, I should warn you...the movie has no nudity, no computer trickery...just some mighty fine acting. set in 1910...a changing world. Dennehy and Caan both old guys dealing with the changes as one of the sub plots...

Magnificant 7...yep, loved it.

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,787 ·
LOL! Well, I should warn you...the movie has no nudity, no computer trickery...just some mighty fine acting. set in 1910...a changing world. Dennehy and Caan both old guys dealing with the changes as one of the sub plots...

Magnificant 7...yep, loved it.
Somehow, that plot sounds familiar. Hmmm...

Reactions: bullit4404

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,790 · (Edited)
Malcolm in the Middle?

Much like the lead character in the hit TV series, the middle offering of the three 2-door Nomads was gifted to a fault. The "Super Turbo-Fire V-8" version of Chevy's small-block motor came adorned with two 4-barrel carburetors and dual exhaust, netting the lucky buyer with a staggering 205 horsepower! Aesthetically, the car was arguably the cleanest design of the three. While sharing much of the same design features of its predecessor, the '56 sported more angular lines and trim that provided the perfect setup for the then-popular "tutone" paint treatment.

Price, however, was still having an adverse effect on sales, with only 7,886 selling during the model year --- a far cry from the 25,772 produced in 1955. Total production for the 1956 Nomad was 8,103, thus leaving 217 Nomads still sitting on dealership lots. Put another way, in '55 Nomads made up 1.45-percent of Chevrolets built, while the '56 only amounted to 0.50-percent. In its final year, the finned '57 Nomad was even worse, netting only 0.40-percent of total production. Though an obvious "flop," the Nomad remains the absolute most sought-after collectable car of the fifties. And that is "gifted." Here's today's...

RANDOM CLASSIC!

1957 Chevrolet Bel-Air Nomad Sport station wagon 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air - conceptcarz.com and https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/24811/lot/4/ and https://www.automobile-catalog.com/.../full-size_bel_air_2gen_nomad_wagon/1956.html and

265 cu. in. "Turbo-Fire" V-8, 170 h.p.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KLASSIC KUTIES!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PAUL'S PATINA!

·
Car Whisperer
21,171 Posts
aliens stole the pics ^^^^^^^^

·
Car Whisperer
21,171 Posts

·
Car Whisperer
21,171 Posts
sedan delivery

·
Car Whisperer
21,171 Posts

not a nomad,but cool none the less.

·
Car Whisperer
21,171 Posts
Jeff Lutz's cars

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,796 · (Edited)
Blasphemy!

T'wasn't aliens! T'was WITCHES!

Dunno what happened on that '56 Nomad post. Worked like a dog, got done, pics were lettering saying "Attachment," Tried to fix it, found out I had not one, not two, but THREE separate postings of the SAME THING! I think it had something to do with Pearl waking up by flying out of the room on a broom. Nerves shot. Did what I can do. Trying to dodge flying debris and torrents of insane cursing now. Hope to survive. More later.

Anyone else not getting the pics? I see them here. ( But then, they're mine )...

·
Premium Member
14,611 Posts
Not a problem Jimbob...I see 'em just fine on my laptop. "Specially that last Kutie with high and round cheeks. Made me remember reading an old Sharon Stone quote...she complaining of becoming 30, and of them sliding down her legs. Yeah, father time is such a cruel bastard. Ironically, he may be meaner to those born good looking than to us not so beautiful. Sardonic laughter here...

"Absolutely the most sought after car of the 50's". Hmmmm. I dunno about that, although I do consider the '56 to be the peak of the Nomads. Going by numbers alone, perhaps the '08-'09 Bullitt will become a collectable..eventually. But doubt that will happen in my lifetime, if ever. Less made of those than the '56 Nomad.

Is price an indicator of how "sought after" a car is? If so, both the 50's Porsche Speedster and the Mercedes Gullwing blow a Nomad into the weeds. The Irony here is that the Speedster was made to be the stripped down "entry level" Porsche of it's time...the lowest priced Porsche.

Vic-tims cars? Well, if it's your car..do as you like...despite some being horrified. It would be a dull world if everybody thought the same.

Woo-Hoo! It's going to be a beautiful day here in the People's republik of Oregon. I spent yesterday washing 6 months of dust off a green Mustang. Later my bride and I will be taking it North to my favorite pool hall! Called the Cue Ball yesterday...it lifted my spirits just to hear Jim's voice...he's allowed to do some limited opening now...only a few allowed in. We have a table reserved. Our favorite...a Brunswick Anniversary in the back corner...the one with the bucket pockets. Hope I can remember how to screw the cues together... 😁

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,798 · (Edited)
"Absolutely the most sought after car of the 50's". Hmmmm. I dunno about that, although I do consider the '56 to be the peak of the Nomads. Going by numbers alone, perhaps the '08-'09 Bullitt will become a collectable..eventually. But doubt that will happen in my lifetime, if ever. Less made of those than the '56 Nomad.

Is price an indicator of how "sought after" a car is? If so, both the 50's Porsche Speedster and the Mercedes Gullwing blow a Nomad into the weeds. The Irony here is that the Speedster was made to be the stripped down "entry level" Porsche of it's time...the lowest priced Porsche.
I read it and I believe it. This, however is the United States of America, and you are free to think any ridiculous scenario you wish. Or, at least there once was a time you could think whatever you wanted. The jury is out on that now. You may be snatched by an angry mob, slammed to the ground and beaten like an old rug these days, just for disagreeing.

Reactions: pwd72s

·
Car Whisperer
21,171 Posts
Whatever you did JimBob, the pics are back. good job!!!!!! Those witches don't stand a chance again the"Bob"!!!!!!

·
38,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40,800 · (Edited)
Whatever you did JimBob, the pics are back. good job!!!!!! Those witches don't stand a chance again the"Bob"!!!!!!
Aha! You were probably looking at it when I was still knee-deep in a can of worms. It's as easy as cow flop to mess things up royal on this newfangled system. You've really got to pay attention to the details. They have a 10 pic limit if you're using them to host the pics, but if you host them from your home computer, then the sky's the limit. Very tricky. Very fine line. Easy to foul up.

Glad you're able to see the beautiful '56. I'd crawl on my belly through the bowels of hell to have that in my garage. Well, maybe not. :ROFLMAO:

Actually, the "sky" is only 25 pictures high. o_O

40781 - 40800 of 40806 Posts