Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
41061 - 41080 of 41207 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,935 Posts
Yes sir. Hell of a story!!!:cool:

Reactions: pwd72s and Jimbob

·
Premium Member
14,769 Posts
Well, let us now trek into the total unreality of car advertising. We've all laughed at ads...the totally deserted mountain roads, moms who look like models because, well..they are. But here's one gathering great amusement on another car site I visit... Loved the guy who said that this happened to him last week. Just a wee bit "over the top" with this one. Call your nearest dealer today. ;)

Ferrari Roma - Official Video - YouTube

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
38,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,063 ·
Well, let us now trek into the total unreality of car advertising. We've all laughed at ads...the totally deserted mountain roads, moms who look like models because, well..they are. But here's one gathering great amusement on another car site I visit... Loved the guy who said that this happened to him last week. Just a wee bit "over the top" with this one. Call your nearest dealer today. ;)

Ferrari Roma - Official Video - YouTube
Oh, I dunno. Looked pretty believable to me. About the only thing they could've done better would be having him hand her a hot dog laced with Grey Poupon at the end.

·
38,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,064 · (Edited)
Remembering Miss Dorothy...

If she was still with us, she would be 108 this year. And still dancing, no doubt. Or teaching other little girls how to dance. She will always live in our hearts. The energy, the joy, the dedication to the kids and the memories of those wonderful performances --- our own little Samantha, her star ballet pupil. Dorothy once said that Sam reminded her of herself all those years ago. Long, long ago, when she danced professionally, performing shows all over the country. Here is an article that pays tribute to this very special lady. God rest her soul.

"Star pupil" Sam is in bottom left article pic, far left...

Sam learning balance on a ladder... (Yes, that's Miss Dorothy in the mirror, on one too)!

Reactions: bullit4404

·
38,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,065 ·
Ford leaves the 60s with a bang!

Ford's Total Performance buttoned up the sixties with a two-year run (1969-70) of one of the most breathtaking Mustangs ever produced --- the "Boss 429." This special edition was developed specifically to wipe NASCAR noses in the dirt, and did a fine job of living up to that hype. The '69 model alone racked up a staggering 26 Grand National wins. The monster 429 engine is rated at 375 h.p., a stat that draws laughter from more than a few Mustang aficionados. Certified dyno tests, however, support the Ford numbers. Whatever the case, the cars turned heads, left many breathless and tore up tracks wherever they went, including the drag strip. Here's a prime example of the car's final year, shown in Grabber Blue. Enjoy this hot...

RANDOM CLASSIC!

1970 Mustang Boss 429 History of the 1969 and 1970 Boss 429 Mustang | CJ Pony Parts and https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/1970-ford-mustang-boss-429 and Boss 429 Mustang history and Boss 429 Mustang - Wikipedia

Yes indeedy, Ford did add the Hurst shifter in '70...

429 cu. in. V-8, 375 h.p.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KLASSIC KUTIES!

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KUTIE'S KLUNKER!

·
Premium Member
14,769 Posts
Imagine yourself. dressed to the 9's, driving your new Ferrari over the usually empty streets of Rome, and then you just happen across...a kutie dressed in heels, really short shorts cut off jeans, a low cut tight fitting tank top, and driving a boss 429!

A fantasy for sure...but it could happen, sure it could...

·
38,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,067 · (Edited)
That's it. I'm going to go get a pizza. So there.

UPDATE: Got pizza. Ate three huge slices. Very yummy. Tummy full. Nap time.

·
Premium Member
14,769 Posts
While waiting for Jimbob to sleep off a pizza:

A sports reporter asked Michael Jordon if he though the 1990's Bulls could beat the Lebron era lakers,

He said the Bulls would win.

The reporter asked for a points spread.

Jordon said 5.

Reporter asked why so few?

Jordon said: "Well, we are almost 60 now..."

·
38,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,069 ·
Well, here I am. Alive again. Trouble is, it's the wee hours of the morning and even the crickets went to bed. I did, however, manage to take Casey out for and Number 1 and Number 2. That was fun. I've become a professional dog scooper here in my later years. (BTW, I think someone put something in that pizza!)

As for a match between Jordan and LeBron, I'd boycott. Not interested in anything that prima donna LeBron says or does. He's toast in my book, for all time. I don't care how many records he sets. He's all about LeBron and now he thinks he's the world's leading authority on all things political, so.... no LeBron for me. Period.

·
38,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,070 · (Edited)
Or, put yet another way...

Reactions: FarmerDon

·
Premium Member
14,769 Posts
To paraphrase a movie line...that girl with the float (milkshake?) knows exactly what your dirty mind is thinking...

'59 Caddy ragtop...gotta be the epitome of all the USA luxobarges...the definition of an automotive type.

·
38,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,075 · (Edited)
THIS JUST IN!

If you've been rolling along, thinking that electric cars en masse are something far off into the future, you may be whistling Dixie. According to this BBC article, the onslaught could be right around the corner. Jaguar has already announced that it will be switching to all-electric vehicles in 2025! Current trends seem to dictate that the market will be saturated with electrics by 2040. The only upshot for old timers like Paul and myself is that maybe, just maybe the Grim Reaper will spare us the agony. Perhaps we can putter to our graves in an old, filthy, polluting, noisy gasoline-powered automobile after all. The jury is out.

Here's the link to the story: Why electric cars will take over sooner than you think

Electric cars. Whooptie-doo. I can see it now. Mom, Pop, the kids on vacation. On the way to Yellowstone, Pop sees they're running low on juice. Trouble is, there's no charging stations within 200 miles! So, there sit Mom, Pop and the kids, twiddling their thumbs along the highway, wondering what in the wide, wide world of sports they will do. And think of how many jaywalkers will meet that aforementioned Grim Reaper, far earlier than they thought, simply because they "didn't hear" the car coming zipping down the street. Oh, it's going to happen. It nearly happened to Pearl just a couple of weeks ago. I had just returned from the store and and parked and Pearl came out and walked across our one-way street. I'd jumped out and was just lifting the trunk lid. She took a step back, a bit into the street. ZOOOOOOOOOOM! A little electric car going the wrong way up our street darned near hit her! She freaked! "Holy CHIT! That guy almost hit me!" The car had only missed her by only a couple inches. Neither of us had heard the guy coming. And Pearl has the ears of a bat! It took a while for her to regain her composure. We unloaded the trunk and came in the house and watched the whole scenario on the surveillance camera rewind. It was CLOSE! Sheesh! 👀

·
38,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,076 ·
I'm still waiting for this one!

Reactions: FarmerDon

·
Premium Member
14,769 Posts
A recent issue of Motor Trend was blurbed on the cover as the "all electric" issue. A quick scan of the contents index page confirmed it...every test and article in it was about all electric cars. I tossed it unread into the recycle pile. First time I've ever done that with a car magazine I've subscribed to. Thinking about it, Motor Trend is possibly the only hard cover car magazine left.

Sent 'em an email letting them know...they emailed back, telling me that's okay..they deleted my email as well. I suppose that's fair enough.

Jimbob, with everything that's going on...well, I'm ready for Scotty to beam me up. I don't feel I belong in this brave new world. This feeling goes way beyond just cars...

Do jaguars still use Lucas electrics? ;)

(edit) Just finished reading the BBC article you linked. Made me feel like crying. But one of the comments rang true...the guy who posted that since it's inevitable, why are governments finding the need to outlaw gas cars?

·
Premium Member
5,935 Posts
Yes you do belong in this world. They are going to have to drag us ole farts to the plug in kicking and screaming as WE will have the last laugh!!!(y):sneaky:

·
Premium Member
14,769 Posts
Another thought..My honorary nephew Matt, the pool playing fool, has a Chevy Bolt. Loves it as it takes him to pool tournaments, he planning all this miles, charging station locations, the hours it takes to charge if he has only 110 available, etc. I challenged him to a race...from my home to The small town of Burns, near the Idaho border, and back to my home. Around 450 miles round trip. I even promised to never exceed the speed limit...

Even if Burns has a charging station, which I doubt...nope, he doesn't like this race. Heck, taking either the Mustang or Cindy's 4 banger base Camry, I'd only have to gas up in Burns. Would have plenty of time for many old guy pit stops of watering trees and the high desert soil...and a relaxing lunch stop as well. 1/2 tank in Cindy's Camry has more range than his electric wonder..

That BBC article was written with closely spaced population centers in mind...in the wide open USA west, hundreds of miles between towns, electrics still have a big problem.

·
Car Whisperer
21,260 Posts
count me in with the gas burners with you guys . if it doesn't make noise, I don't want it!!!!!!!!!!! preferably V8 noise!!!!!!! lumpy V8 noise!!!!!!!!

41061 - 41080 of 41207 Posts