Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
41101 - 41120 of 41207 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
38,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,101 ·

After watching this video the biggest question I had was "What in blue blazes kept these two guitars from bursting into flames?" Holy jumping jackrabbits --- what a performance! The best of the new and the old generations, giving it all they've got on stage. And believe you me, they both have PLENTY! Enjoy!

·
38,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,102 ·
Just so's they know they got the right "Jimbob..."

:)

Reactions: pwd72s

·
38,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,104 · (Edited)
Reactions: FarmerDon

·
38,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,105 ·
Today I gathered up all my drum sticks and threw them in the trash. Check out this little 12-year-old Japanese girl, who dupes everyone into thinking she doesn't know anything about drumming. And THEN...

Reactions: bullit4404

·
38,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,106 ·
Babymaker's Delight...

One has to wonder, if Joe Businessman aspired to a '69 Ford Galaxie 500 convertible, what would Bob Babymaker have wanted back in, say, 1958? (At least, this one has to wonder. It's what I do). My guess is Joe would've fallen in love with a '58 Ford Del Rio Ranch wagon. After Ford's one-year flop with the 2-door Parklane station wagon in '56, they trudged on, determined to stay competitive with the highly successful Chevy Nomad.

Of course, egg must've drizzled down Ford's face in '58, since Chevy had thrown in the towel on the whole 2-door wagon scene. Ford, however, would amble on with the idea through 1961. The Del Ray was a step up from the basic Ranch Wagon, with trim stolen from the parts bin of the upper echelon model Fords. It was equally opulent inside, had ample power under the hood and, of course, had those two doors. Joe would probably opt for the big 352 Interceptor motor, some mag wheels and hey, why not air conditioning? Here's today's...

RANDOM CLASSIC!

1958 Ford Del Rio Ranch Wagon and

352 cu. in. "Interceptor Special" V-8, 300 h.p.

May as well keep the kiddies cool, right?

You've got to love these wildly exaggerated "artist's conceptions..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KLASSIC KUTIES!

BONUS KUTIE!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PAUL'S PATINA!
Note plain, drab trim on the base Ranch Wagon...

Reactions: FarmerDon

·
38,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,108 ·
hmmm...

·
Premium Member
14,769 Posts
Hey, I told you I was going to play pool...remember?

Okay, that 12 year old can handle drumsticks. But her life won't be full unless she learns how to handle a cue stick.

'58 Ford...have to admit, I much prefer the lines of the '57. Can't really put my finger on why I feel this way. Maybe it's the side trim, with me actually preferring that "drab and plain" trim of the base Ranch Wagon. Maybe it's the 4 head and tail lights...I really don't know. Not to slam Joe's 58..Im sure he's proud of it. Just definitely not my cup of tea...even if it did have the hot 352.

But today,,,wow! Near the end of hours of playing, I finally caught a gear! Started out my usual terrible...felt like I couldn't make a ball. Later, a group of teens came in..I groaned when the picked a table near ours...noisy as hell they were, hadn't a clue how to play. Maybe it was because I made an effort to just tune out their noise..their shouts and laughter..they not having a clue about pool hall behavior...but they were just kids having fun. Maybe I should thank them for their annoying ways. Tuning them out, i began really concentrating on my shooting. And something clicked...my stoke became straighter, the object balls started falling. I could visualize the cueball path after the shot, adjust force and english to put ****** right where I wanted him...it really was a magical period of time. I was having a ball! Poor Cindy, sitting in her chair waiting for me to miss: "Okay, who the hell are you and what did you do with my husband?" LOL!

It saddened me when long time friend Marty showed..he and Cindy wanting to go grab a bite. Came darned close to suggesting they go without me...I wanted to stay and keep shooting. There's no joy like "being in the zone" when on a pool table. When that's happening, a train could pass through the hall..and all you'd pay attention to is the green area of the table. I've felt that too few times in my life...I want to feel it again!

And finally, although it's unlikely anybody will click on this link...be careful where you speed. An overzealous cop may decide to roll your car. In this case, after watching the dash cam video, I think it would be wise of a state to settle out of court. If I were on a jury, I'd be arguing to at least double the damages the plaintiff was asking for.

Arkansas woman suing police after PIT maneuver flips her car going 60 mph while she was pregnant | Fox News

·
38,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,110 · (Edited)
👆

1. Happy to hear you had a good night of pool.
2. Sad to hear you nearly lost your wife over a hamburger.
3. Happy to hear you liked the little drummer.
4. Sad to hear you hate '58 Fords (it's the dual lights, front and back and the trim)
5. Happy to hear the pregnant woman survived.
6. Sad to hear there's yet another "bad apple" cop on the loose.

POINT OF ORDER: That wasn't Joe. That was Bob. One's a businessman the other a baby maker.

Here's the scene you never saw in "Groundhog Day." (They cut it out)...

·
38,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,112 ·
I learned something about Ranch Wagons yesterday. I learned that I had a rare one. My '61 was the last year of the 2-door wagons. It was also the first year that Ford offered a 4-door version of the Ranch Wagon (from then on, they were all 4-door). Two-door production dwindled as more people bought the 4-door model in '61. And, '61 was the last year that Ford had fins. Our old "band wagon" was rare. Who knew?

·
Premium Member
14,769 Posts
Hoot! That deleted groundhog day scene was posted on the pool site I go to...no surprise there, right? The only shot you actually saw Murray shoot is one of the easiest kicks...once it's set up, it's easy-peasy. From Murrary's rail bridge and stance, it was clear he really doesn't play...

Yeah..the more modest '58 trim..much better. Too effin' gaudy for my taste on the dressed up one. Probably why I prefer the Bullitt to a 'Stang all striped and spoilered up.

Band wagons..you triggered a memory. During the early years, Paul Revere & The Raiders had a unique band wagon..an old Pontiac hearse. Mark Lindsay, lead singer who had the girls squealing reminisced about it on an oldies radio show I happened to be listening to.

Here he is, chatting with Dick Clark:

Mark Lindsay Paul Revere & The Raiders Interview - YouTube

Pretty easy to see why the girls screamed...the pretty boy of the Raiders.

·
38,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,114 · (Edited)
Truck Wars!

The war started in 1953, when Ford unveiled its F-100 Series pickup trucks. Sales went through the roof. Chevy righted the ship and nearly caught back up with its Task Force Series trucks in 1955. But Ford countered in 1957 with a one-two combo that sent Chevy reeling again. On top of a great re-design of its F-100, they shocked everyone with a totally new truck that thought it was a car. Or visa versa, if you prefer. "It's more than a car! It's more than a truck!" said Ford of their new Ranchero. Unfortunately, Chevy responded with an overhauled version of what many regarded as Chevy's ugliest and most outlandish car design ever, the '59 gull wing mess. The battles went back and forth through the years, eventually morphing into performance upgrades, but came to a halt in 1987 when Chevy threw in the towel for good. Here's today's...

RANDOM CLASSIC!

1957 Ford Ranchero (Shown in "Silver Mocha and "Colonial White")
Comparison: 1957 Ford Ranchero vs 1959 Chevrolet El Camino - Motor Trend Classic and Ford Ranchero - Wikipedia

312 cu. in. 2-4bbl "Thunderbird" V-8, 271 h.p.

The longhorn steer emblem? No idea. No idea at all... (Wealthy rancher's restoration, is my guess)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KLASSIC KUTIES!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BONUS KUTIE!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KUTIE'S KLUNKER!

·
Premium Member
14,769 Posts
The pool playing kutie...wow! I mean, is that an Olhausen table? Man, rail shots have to be exact on one of those, or they won't go in.

'57 Ranchero...really a nice example of that car/pickemup theme. I'd definitely prefer it over the '59 Elky, looks wise.

·
38,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,116 · (Edited)
Leave it to you to be studying the table instead of the delicious smoked ham. :rolleyes:

'59 Chevy was a travesty. My aunt had one and you would've thought she'd bought the finest Cadillac out there. She loved that butt-ugly '59 Biscayne. But hey, it took us on many a fun excursion,* so.............

* Places like this! The "Viaduct" --- a high and long bridge spanning the Little Miami River. One of my uncles helped to build this bridge. Hoppe's Island, a pool and tiny amusement park sat right underneath this bridge (another place Aunt Ruthie would take us kids). Yepper, that old Biscayne served its purpose. But, I often wonder if it was more Aunt Ruthie getting to drive that new Biscayne than it was really wanting to take the kids places. Hmmm... Nah, Aunt Ruthie was the best ever. I'm just kidding. But, she did love that car.

·
Premium Member
14,769 Posts
Well, I'm sure the pool playing kutie has no problem finding guy willing to help her develop a good stroke.

God bless aunt Ruthie...it's good that you forgive her car choice..

Ahhh, remember when skies were friendly and flight attendants were called stewardesses?

·
38,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,119 · (Edited)
Well, I'm sure the pool playing kutie has no problem finding guy willing to help her develop a good stroke.

God bless aunt Ruthie...it's good that you forgive her car choice..

Ahhh, remember when skies were friendly and flight attendants were called stewardesses?
Yep, it's all good. Even when certain kuties start mysteriously disappearing, I guess.

👀

Reactions: pwd72s

·
38,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,120 · (Edited)
JIMBOB'S BOAT AND BABE!

1959 Dodge Custom Royale D-500 convertible

41101 - 41120 of 41207 Posts