Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
41941 - 41960 of 42031 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,942 ·
It Could Be Over Any Time Now
by
Rodney Norman

·
39,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,943 ·
Plant Font Groundcover Cemetery Grave

Reactions: bullit4404

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,293 Posts
I corresponded with him via email for a couple yrs after he left, but, even then he just quit responding after a while. Ya, he was really po'd about all the directed Walmart commentary, union vs non-union etc....he took it personal and shut the door. Too bad, being a founder no less.
But....times change, as we all know....almost none of us originals left anymore.

I could write a history book about this place with all I know....including the real reasons why Mike sold it, but wouldn't tell anyone but a few....
I know that Mike threatened to leave/sell IMBOC many times but I never knew the reasons. :(

·
39,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,946 ·
White Black Statue Sculpture Style

Three Science Fiction writers hit on themes that predicted much of the reality we now live in, about 100 years ago. This article reminds us of them. One, we all know. The others, not so much. But those books hit many nails directly on the head. Long before computers or robotics, these authors saw it coming. Enjoy the read...

LINK: The 100-year-old fiction that predicted today

·
39,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,947 ·

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
Gee, I came aboard after it all happened....maybe I was lucky.

Rodney nailed it...so while waiting for the end, I'm gonna have one more cup of Joe & then see if I have enough energy to spray some lawn weeds...not that it'll do any more than knock down that ****ing Japanese clover for a couple of weeks. Damn, wish I could still buy some Silvex..aka 245T.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,293 Posts
Gee, I came aboard after it all happened....maybe I was lucky.

Rodney nailed it...so while waiting for the end, I'm gonna have one more cup of Joe & then see if I have enough energy to spray some lawn weeds...not that it'll do any more than knock down that ****ing Japanese clover for a couple of weeks. Damn, wish I could still buy some Silvex..aka 245T.
Paul, I hired someone to put weed and feed on my lawn as my neighbor's lawn during the summer is more yellow from dandelions than green. When they turn to seed and the wind blows, you know who's yard they blow into! And he has a riding mower without a bag so when he mows the seeds, they blow into my yard yet again! AARRGGHH!!! So the weed killer did not work. I waited 3 weeks. I told him I wanted a do-over. He said he would but I went ahead and bought a spray bottle of weed killer and sprayed each and every dandelion in my yard. It has been 5 days and some are turning brown but most are not. I didn't water till about 40 hours after spraying too. I guess I will have to resort to pulling them out by the roots with Bill's handy dandelion remover tool.

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
Paul, I hired someone to put weed and feed on my lawn as my neighbor's lawn during the summer is more yellow from dandelions than green. When they turn to seed and the wind blows, you know who's yard they blow into! And he has a riding mower without a bag so when he mows the seeds, they blow into my yard yet again! AARRGGHH!!! So the weed killer did not work. I waited 3 weeks. I told him I wanted a do-over. He said he would but I went ahead and bought a spray bottle of weed killer and sprayed each and every dandelion in my yard. It has been 5 days and some are turning brown but most are not. I didn't water till about 40 hours after spraying too. I guess I will have to resort to pulling them out by the roots with Bill's handy dandelion remover tool.
Depends on the spray used. I'd give it more time..today's broad leaf weed killers work very slowly...one way to tell if you "got 'em" is to see of the leaves curl a few days after application. It can be a couple of weeks before you notice a kill. Another tip to help is toad 8-10 drops of liquid dishwashing soap to be a "surfactant", helping the spray stick to the leaves better.

The best I've been able to find isn't sold in the big box stores, but sold in farm stores. It's brand name is "weedmaster". For small spray jobs, 2 tablespoons (one liquid ounce) per gallon of water.

Never been a fan of weed & feed because it's dry granular weed killer doesn't stick to the leaves well. If you insist on using it, try wetting the lawn & the weeds first. Might help the stuff stick.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Paul knows his stuff Vickie. Take it from FarmerDon too. Patience Watson. Sometimes takes 7-10 days to “smoke em”!

Reactions: pwd72s

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,293 Posts
Thanks guys. I wet the dandelions first as instructed by lawn guy. Still didn't work. So I got the hand spray bottle and added the dishwashing liquid drop to the bottle. I went out today - 5 days later - and most of them are turning brown nd shriveling up but not all of them.

·
39,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,953 · (Edited)
Test Post: Time, 8:03 p.m., 9/9/21

Behold, the Fury...

The Fury name first appeared in 1956, as an upgrade to the Belvedere model, but in 1959 grew its own wings, becoming a separate model. The name alone conjured visions of wild horses tearing across the prairie in a cloud of dust. 1969 brought a re-styled Fury to eager consumers, with a selection of V-8s topping out with a 375 h.p. Super Commando 440. It was a great time to be alive and a great time to cruise the highways and byways with the wind in your hair in a new Sport Fury III convertible. Here's today's... (or possibly tomorrow's)...

RANDOM CLASSIC!

1969 Plymouth Sport Fury III convertible Plymouth Fury, 1956-1974 From Top Muscle to Family Sedan and Plymouth Fury - Wikipedia and https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/1969-Plymouth-Fury.pdf and https://www.automobile-catalog.com/make/plymouth/fury_5gen/fury_5_convertible/1969.html
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Car Vehicle Window Gear shift Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

383 cu. in. "Super Commando" V-8, 330 h.p.
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Car Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive parking light

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

KLASSIC KUTIES!

Clothing Hair Hand Arm Leg

Sheath dress One-piece garment Smile Dress Neck

Hair Joint One-piece garment Shoulder Dress

Hair Stomach Shoulder Shorts Leg

Hair Shoulder Leg Muscle Human body

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

PAUL'S PATINA!

Car Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle Hood

·
39,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,958 ·
I love white interiors on the older cars. Do they ever put white interiors in the newer cars these days?
Gray or black seems to be it these days, V. I'm sure a good upholstery shop could turn any car into a white Paradise for you, though. My brother had his new 2014 'Stang laid out in a two-tone red and black leather that looked super cool. Cost him a small fortune, but he loved it. I was so glad he got to have the "Mustang experience" before the good Lord took him. He got to enjoy it for a couple years. Dang.

You would've LOVED riding beside me in my '65 Mustang back in the day! (and so would've I)...

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Steering part

·
39,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,959 ·
383……393! Whatever it takes!
Old fingers, compromised dexterity, limited cognitive ability, inattention to detail = TYPO!

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Hmmmmm. Bad day at the pool hall huh??o_O

Reactions: Jimbob
41941 - 41960 of 42031 Posts