Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
41961 - 41980 of 42031 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,293 Posts
Gray or black seems to be it these days, V. I'm sure a good upholstery shop could turn any car into a white Paradise for you, though. My brother had his new 2014 'Stang laid out in a two-tone red and black leather that looked super cool. Cost him a small fortune, but he loved it. I was so glad he got to have the "Mustang experience" before the good Lord took him. He got to enjoy it for a couple years. Dang.

You would've LOVED riding beside me in my '65 Mustang back in the day! (and so would've I)...

View attachment 82334
I would have loved too Jim, to have sat beside you in your gorgeous Mustang! 🥰 I don't know why I like white so well. I guess that it lightens things up and it has a clean look. Going on 35 years now that I have had my 69. I am also happy that your brother got to enjoy his Mustang before he left. :)

The headliner (white) and the carpet and the dash are all original and in excellent condition.
My 69's interior:
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Window

I have recently had a kitchen remodel and guess what color mostly it is? White! I needed it lightened up in there and did it in country style - farm sink and all! Take a look: Can you tell I am happy with my new kitchen? I sure am! Took a couple of months but it is well worth it! Bill would be proud. :)

Tap Cabinetry Countertop Sink Kitchen sink

Table Property Picture frame Furniture Plant

Kitchen appliance Kitchen Home appliance Interior design Major appliance

Cabinetry Countertop Sink Tap Kitchen sink

BEFORE:

Brown Kitchen sink Countertop Tap Cabinetry

Cabinetry Furniture Drawer Building Wood

Attachments

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,962 ·
I would have loved too Jim, to have sat beside you in your gorgeous Mustang! 🥰 I don't know why I like white so well. I guess that it lightens things up and it has a clean look. Going on 35 years now that I have had my 69. I am also happy that your brother got to enjoy his Mustang before he left. :)

The headliner (white) and the carpet and the dash are all original and in excellent condition.
My 69's interior: View attachment 82344
View attachment 82346

I have recently had a kitchen remodel and guess what color mostly it is? White! I needed it lightened up in there and did it in country style - farm sink and all! Take a look: Can you tell I am happy with my new kitchen? I sure am! Took a couple of months but it is well worth it! Bill would be proud. :)

View attachment 82337
View attachment 82338
View attachment 82340
View attachment 82341
BEFORE:

View attachment 82342
View attachment 82343
Love it! So... What time is dinner?

Reactions: bullit4404

·
39,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,964 · (Edited)
Thing is Jim, I don't cook dinners anymore since Bill passed 21 months ago now. Well, I did cook myself a roast once. But I guess I could make exceptions!
You'd have to have some vigorous exercise to work up an appetite. I could arrange that. :rolleyes:😁

Hey, BTW, what happened to your microwave?

·
Car Whisperer
21,380 Posts
I'm about the start my remodeling of my kitchen, which is already white...going to a blue I think. also changing all the hardware from knobs to handles.

I'm with you Vicki...since my wife walked out and the kids aren't around much with their busy lives, I don't cook much anymore either. almost a chore just to figure out something to eat everyday.

·
39,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,967 · (Edited)
Deleted for editing...

·
39,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,969 ·
WTC MEMORY...

For lots of people, the mention of the World Trade Center only brings memories of burning and the horror of death. For me, it conjures a beautiful picture. I was on my way north along the New Jersey Turnpike that day, en-route to a pick-up at a place in Harlem. The sun was just beginning to come up when they caught my eye. I was spellbound by them. The Twin Towers totally dominated the skyline and stood majestically as the sun rose behind them. It was truly a sight to behold and I shall never, ever forget it. Here's pretty much what I saw...

Water Sky Cloud Building Atmosphere

-----------------------------------------------------------

·
39,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,970 ·
Sleeve Font Brand Helmet Logo

BROWNS V. CHIEFS, Time 4:25, SUN., SEPT. 12, ARROWHEAD STADIUM, CBS

Okay boys and girls, the big re-match is today. Last season the Chiefs basically rubbed Cleveland's nose in it during the Divisional Playoff game. Time for a grudge match. Root, cheer and pray for the team of your choice. I'll be in my dog pound chair, woofing my head off. And praying. Here's the lowdown on what the Browns must do to win...

Reactions: FarmerDon

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
JimBob in mourning again. But it wasn’t a very bad L. At least like the Butt Whooping the Tennessee Titans took. :devilish::sick::eek:

Reactions: 39Tudor

·
39,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,973 · (Edited)
👆

Coat Gesture Black-and-white Style Flash photography

Another "come out on fire and run out of gas at the end" performance. Enough to make a grown man cry.

·
39,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,974 ·
Is it okay if I take a knee and change the channel? Better yet, watch a good non political pool tournament? I'm not "woke" enough for the NFL...

I'll pray for you, Jimbob...

(edit) While we're all praying for Jimbob, a video just for him. Highlights of a true world championship battle.

FINAL | Highlights | 2021 World Pool Championship - YouTube
Browns don't kneel. And they certainly aren't "woke." How could they be? They seem to fall asleep toward the end of too many games. Pool? Nah. Rugby? Maybe.

·
39,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,975 · (Edited)
Spectrum Cable failed to repair downed lines, so I had to suffer through listening to the Browns game on a crackly old AM radio. After watching the highlight reels and reading a bunch of game stories, I was buoyed somewhat by the many complimentary comments about our Browns. Got flowery, respectful comments from Chiefs fans and even divisional foes, Pittsburg and Baltimore fans. Lots of kudos being thrown our way. But a win would've been even better. That runner-up "pat on the back" stuff just doesn't quite feel the same as a win. The Browns just have to learn how to stay cool under pressure. Mayfield has a nasty habit of getting "happy feet" and throwing interceptions in key moments of games. He did the exact same thing late in last years Divisional Playoff game with the Chiefs. We could've won that one too, but noooooo, Baker throws an interception and it was "game over, man."

Highlights

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
Ah, Gee...but hey, you can't win 'em all. Nobody's a guaranteed winner. True in pool as well...well, not since Mosconi retired, that is. ;)

·
39,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,977 · (Edited)
Survivor's guilt X 79

On 9/11/2001 Glenn Vogt, the General Manger of the "Windows on the World Restaurant" atop the WTC North Tower, had to make an unexpected detour to take his son to school. This had him running late for work. On the way in, the news broke. He, like so many of us, assumed it had been a small plane and everything would be fine. He was stopped at the elevator and warned to leave the building. And then the thumping of bodies began and reality began to sink in. This is his story.
Glasses Sky Cloud Human body Sleeve

LINK: ‘I Was Responsible for Those People’

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
Funny chuch story:

One of Cindy's cousins is a minister. Every Monday he emails a sort of family newsletter.
Usually very boring stuff...but today he had Cindy roaring with laughter. A wedding he officiated. I'm modifying names to protect the guilty, but here goes:

"After the wedding, we were in the fellowship from for the wedding reception. I had just walked into the room and the cake table was at the other end of the room. Mrs. had her hair in a bouffant that was held up with a lot of spray. She bent over to fix a plate and her hair went into a candle. It caught on fire. I yelled, “Mrs. Grandy, your hair is on fire! Your hair is on fire!” He husband was right there but hadn’t seen it. When he heard me, he ran across the room away from his wife, and grabbed his camera. He then ran back and started taking pictures of his wife with her hair flaming up into the air. One of the women smartly grabbed a wet towel and put it out. No real harm done. However I went to Mr. and asked, “When you learned your wife’s hair was on fire, why didn’t you put it out? You just ran to get your camera.” He said, “Now tell me Reverend. How many times do you get a picture with your wife’s hair on fire like that? I had to get a picture.”
__

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,293 Posts
Survivor's guilt X 79

On 9/11/2001 Glenn Vogt, the General Manger of the "Windows on the World Restaurant" atop the WTC North Tower, had to make an unexpected detour to take his son to school. This had him running late for work. On the way in, the news broke. He, like so many of us, assumed it had been a small plane and everything would be fine. He was stopped at the elevator and warned to leave the building. And then the thumping of bodies began and reality began to sink in. This is his story.
View attachment 82373

LINK: ‘I Was Responsible for Those People’
How very sad....

·
39,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41,980 · (Edited)
On a lighter note...

Here's a spellbinding video and riveting article on one of our favorites subjects --- PICKLES! Yes boys and girls, here's everything you ever wanted to know about them --- but didn't dare ask. Here's another fine...

Gesture Font Happy Red Poster

Food Plant Ingredient Natural foods Staple food

LINK TO ARTICLE:

BONUS MUSICAL VIDEO!

BONUS CLASSIC CARTOON VIDEO!

41961 - 41980 of 42031 Posts