Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
42141 - 42160 of 42253 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42,141 ·
I have a 2018 Equinox Premier Edition (Silver in color) with that engine and it will FLY!! Get it broke in good and “twist her tail”! Old truck driver should know how to treat a turbo too.
My 18 recommends 0-20w oil. I use 0w-20 Mobil 1 every 3000 miles and ACDELCO filter because of the warranty. Good choice In color too!!!
I'll be dipped. A silver Premier. I was hoping to snag a silver metallic one, but the best deal was on this Cajun Red one. It's almost the same color as the Impala, only a deeper red. I'll have to take a look at that owner's manual again. I don't recall seeing what oil it said to use. That's some mighty thin oil!

·
Premium Member
15,056 Posts
Yeah, better check that oil weight recommendation again,, Ckeck your manual. The recommended weight may also be stamped on your "710" cap....also, Farmer Don is right...you do need to use that boost once in a while to keep everything working. This seems to be needed more with diesel turbos than gas, but still...have fun once in a while despite MPG taking a drop when you spool up the turbo.

·
Premium Member
6,007 Posts
Cruise on 78 on interstate 32 mpg. Cruise off same speed 28. I’m liking the fuel mileage.
2015 GMC Acadia same scenario 22 and 20. V-6 3.6 engine.
Once kept same weight oil for all gas vehicles. Now 3 different weights:devilish::devilish::devilish:

Reactions: pwd72s

·
39,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42,144 ·
Yeah, better check that oil weight recommendation again,, Ckeck your manual. The recommended weight may also be stamped on your "710" cap....also, Farmer Don is right...you do need to use that boost once in a while to keep everything working. This seems to be needed more with diesel turbos than gas, but still...have fun once in a while despite MPG taking a drop when you spool up the turbo.
Yepper. It was right there on the cap. Nothing personal against Mobile One, but I'm a big fan of Valvoline. So for me, it will be...

Liquid Automotive care Fluid Font Auto part

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Premium Member
15,056 Posts
Affirmative on the lube. Valvoline 5W-40 Full Synthetic, here we come!

View attachment 82654
Uh..your original pic..which prompted the questioning by me of oil weight. Actually, first time I did an oil change it shocked me that synthetic poured as easily as water...still amazes me that it works so well. You like Valvoline? fine...I'm sure it meets the specs.

Bullitt cap says 5-20..so for, 32,000 plus miles, so good...on mobil 1. If all of a sudden mobil i left the shelves, the old Bullitt mustang would carry on just fine with Valvoline synthetic 5-20 in it's crankcase.

·
39,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42,146 ·
Uh..your original pic..which prompted the questioning by me of oil weight. Actually, first time I did an oil change it shocked me that synthetic poured as easily as water...still amazes me that it works so well. You like Valvoline? fine...I'm sure it meets the specs.

Bullitt cap says 5-20..so for, 32,000 plus miles, so good...on mobil 1. If all of a sudden mobil i left the shelves, the old Bullitt mustang would carry on just fine with Valvoline synthetic 5-20 in it's crankcase.
Well, unless they're a bunch of lowlife liars, Valvoline says they meet OR EXCEED the Dexos standards. So, I guess its like the old "Ford is better than Chevy!" "NO, Chevy is better than Ford!" war. Different strokes for different folks.

Water Water resources Happy Natural landscape Lake

·
39,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42,147 ·
JIMBOB'S BOAT AND BABES!

1960 Chevrolet Impala convertible
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle

348 cu. in. V-8, 335 h.p.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Car Automotive design

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light Car

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Face Hair People in nature Flash photography Happy

Plant Leg People in nature Flash photography Tree

Hair Water Swimsuit top People in nature Swimwear

Clothing Muscle Swimsuit top Lingerie top Brassiere

Plant People in nature Waist Grass Knee

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
39,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42,148 ·
They left it all out on the field...

Baker Mayfield is still not 100-percent from his shoulder injury. The defense still needs work. OBJ and Baker are still working on chemistry. When all this happens the Browns will be a force to be reckoned with. That was two Titans out on the field yesterday, giving it their all. Browns, unfortunately, came up 5-points short in the end. Speaking of Titans, they trounced the Jaguars yesterday, 37-19. Farmer Don is on Cloud 9 today, no doubt!

Here's the Browns hightlights...

And here's the Titans highlights...

Reactions: FarmerDon

·
Premium Member
6,007 Posts
Titans on a roll right now. Offensive line has to step up to protect Tannehill better. Browns will get back healthy and rolling too.
Good friend had an 60 Impala exactly like the one above. Wish he could see that one now 😞😞

Reactions: Jimbob

·
Premium Member
15,056 Posts
No NFL team in Oregon. Why not? Because if Oregon got one, Washington would want one too.

Pretty much all the major oil brands "meets or exceeds", reading the label. Pick the one in the proper weight for your car that in your opinion has the prettiest jug label, and your car will do fine as long as you change according to schedule.

What kind of car guy am I? Never had an Impala..:(

Speaking of jugs...think I'll have another peek at kutie #1. ;)

·
39,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42,152 · (Edited)
No NFL team in Oregon. Why not? Because if Oregon got one, Washington would want one too.

Pretty much all the major oil brands "meets or exceeds", reading the label. Pick the one in the proper weight for your car that in your opinion has the prettiest jug label, and your car will do fine as long as you change according to schedule.

What kind of car guy am I? Never had an Impala..:(

Speaking of jugs...think I'll have another peek at kutie #1. ;)
1. Oh man --- Vicki is going to snatch you BALDHEADED!

Forehead Nose Smile Cheek Jaw

2. Yes, but Valvoline exceeds way more than Mobil-1!

3. What kind of guy? The kind that plays with sticks and balls!

4. Fine. But that'll cost you! (see below for details)...

Rectangle Poster Font Happy Art

Reactions: FarmerDon

·
39,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42,153 ·
Hmmmm Jimbob's pics not showing.
Check it now. I re-sized it and posted it again as a jpg file. It starting showing again here. (It's that crazy "web" BS that is replacing more and more pics --- instead of "jpg" or "png", etc.).

·
Premium Member
15,056 Posts
Check it now. I re-sized it and posted it again as a jpg file. It starting showing again here. (It's that crazy "web" BS that is replacing more and more pics --- instead of "jpg" or "png", etc.).
Whew! I really needed to check out #1 again...

How to Read a Motor Oil Label | YourMechanic Advice

In my next life I won't play pool...thus removing stress. Next time around, think I'll take up deactivating bombs as a relaxing hobby. Let's see...do I cut the red wire or the blue wire?

·
39,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42,155 · (Edited)
Whew! I really needed to check out #1 again...

How to Read a Motor Oil Label | YourMechanic Advice

In my next life I won't play pool...thus removing stress. Next time around, think I'll take up deactivating bombs as a relaxing hobby. Let's see...do I cut the red wire or the blue wire?
Memory kicked in...

You know, I had to laugh at that dissertation on the deadly importance and fundamentals of oil label reading. My Uncle Rudy had a '48 Plymouth that he'd bought new back in the day. Rather than trading it in on a new one, he just kept driving it. And driving it. And driving it some more. He was still driving it, in fact, when I was in high school! One day we were over visiting him and his herd --- he had a wife and seven (count 'em) kids --- and my dad proceeded to begin talking about motor oil and how often it should be changed. Dad was a fanatic on oil and lube (back when grease guns and grease fittings were still in vogue). Uncle Rudy, reared back and laughed out loud. "Oil change?" he said. "I've been driving that old Plymouth over there for 15 years now, I have never changed the oil in it. NEVER!" Dad's eyes bugged out so far I thought for sure they would fall out of his head and go rolling down the driveway. Needless to say, the topic of conversation quickly changed to baseball.

I've never forgotten that. (Or that car for that matter)...

Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

Vehicle Land vehicle Car Tire Window

NOTE: The '48 Plymouth Special Deluxe had a 218 cu. in. inline-6 that put out a staggering 95 h.p. @ 3600 rpm.

·
39,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42,157 ·
Well, the way those old mopar flatheads leaked and burned oil, I think your uncle was changing oil...only just a quart at a time. 😄
Yes, Uncle Rudy did mention that. "All I ever do is add a quart when it needs it," I think we're his exact words. That would keep it running... But can you even imagine the sludge in that motor? It must've looked like the shop floor at Bubba & Delbert's Auto Repair! :sick::ROFLMAO:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,329 Posts
A greater mystery...trying to spot Vicki here...

Puppet Playtime-Howdy Doody intro - YouTube
Paul, when I was just 5 and on my birthday in 1959, my mom took me and some friends to a local TV station that played cartoons and hd a show similar to Howdy Doody and the host of the show interacted with the kids on "stage" and during cartoons for the TV audience, we would play games. I remember that the host "Captain Cy" would take the child who's birthday(s) it was over his knee and spank them for their age that day. They certainly wouldn't get away with that these days, that's for sure.

42141 - 42160 of 42253 Posts