Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
42501 - 42520 of 42685 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42,501 ·
Wasn't that Burt Reynolds? The pantyhose? Maybe not. Damn, we miss so much here on the left coast...no white castles. I agree...regular mustard. Namath..what a superbowl! Nobody gave the Jets a chance...and he told us so..."We're going to win. I guarantee it."

Ahhh, the flamboyant 1960's...Namath's mink coat and all...
Nope. It was Namath. Where were you? Under a rock?

Reactions: pwd72s

·
39,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42,502 · (Edited)
JIMBOB'S BOAT AND BABES!

1952 Packard 250 "Mayfair" convertible 1952 Packard 250 - conceptcarz.com and 1952 Packard 250 Convertible and https://www.automobile-catalog.com/make/packard/24th_25th/250_convertible/1952.html
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Hood

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Grille Hood

327 cu. in. Straight-8, 150 h.p.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Auto part

This shot is a similar but different car, equipped with the dreaded "continental kit." Boo! Hiss!
Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

KLASSIC KUTIES!

Plant Plant community Ecoregion People in nature Shorts

Hair Plant Smile Hairstyle Green

Joint Arm Shoulder Leg Neck

Plant Wheel Tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle wheel

Hair Shoulder Plant Street fashion Sleeve

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

BONUS CARTOON!

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,390 Posts
Not to change the subject or anything...... Detectives in my town, Spokane, Wa, just the other day, solved a 62 year old murder case. It happened in 1959 here when I was 5 years old. A 9 year old girl named Candy Rogers was out selling campfire mints in her neighborhood and she never returned home before dark that day. Sixteen days later they found her body in the woods under tree limbs. She was raped and strangled. They did get some DNA from her clothing, including some grape smelling gum smeared on her coat and shirt. That is what helped them break the case 62 years later was that DNA.

Turns out the murderer died at the age of 30 (he was 19 when he murdered Candy) as he shot himself. Wouldn't you think that a killer like that and knowing that his case was still unsolved 11 years later, that he would leave a note that he was her killer? Not....

So the DNA traced it to 3 family men members that were all deceased. They exhumed the body of the man that shot himself and got DNA and proved that he was the killer of little Candy Rogers 61 years earlier.

I am waiting for there to be an episode of this cold murder case on a TV show like 20/20.l Maybe.....

My dad was a cop back then and would every once in awhile remind us 3 girls to never accept rides from strangers and what had happened to Candy. It scared the bajeebies out of me.

·
Premium Member
15,183 Posts
Damned if you're not right...Namath did the pantyhose. Burt posed "nude" for a magazine. I had 'em mixed up. At least I remembered the superbowl upset...here's a brief youtube on that. Whatta game! Only the Colts fans and the gamblers who bet on the heavy favorite didn't love Namath that day. ;)
Joe Namath: A Football Life - The Guarantee - YouTube

You know, one could almost call that Packard a classic! Hell of a car in it's day. Caddy had the reputation, but Packard had the real quality and luxury.

Gotta love your kuties, Jimbob. Like cheerleaders, they never get old...

(edit) Vicki posted while I was writing the above. Quite a story...I'm thinking the killer killed himself because if the mental hell he put himself in 11 years before he ended it. Those 11 years had to be all bad ones. A punishment of sorts. At least I hope so. Always nice to hear of a cold case solved.

·
Premium Member
15,183 Posts
While we're waiting...

How about 51 minutes of my honorary nephew Matt being schooled in 8 ball bar table play by a guy who really shouldn't be playing against amateurs...Stan is a full time pro who likes beating up on amateurs who actually have real jobs for a living. Stan's problem...although a pro, only a journeyman...not good enough to win against the tip top pros...in the pool world, a scuffler.

Stan Tourangeau vs Matt Horner - Elite Singles Finals - YouTube

·
39,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42,507 · (Edited)
HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!

Jeans Car Hand Tire Vehicle

Since I bought the new Chevy Equinox, several people had given me forewarning to be sure to "idle" the car after I return home. Failure to do so, they said, would result in wildly horrible "coking" of the seals and internal components, resulting in the catastrophic demise of my turbocharger (and possibly my life?). Some said idle 30-seconds, some said a full minute and one brain-challenged car salesman thinks you have to idle for two full minutes when you start up (to warm the turbo) and two full minutes when you get home (to cool it). You will learn about him in the below article. Carefully following this advice, though, led to many long minutes of having to endure more than a little grumbling, moaning, complaining and whining.

After doing some research, it turns out that with the new super-thin synthetic oils we use and the inclusion of a system that water-cools the turbo as you drive, there is no danger of turbo "overheating." Bottom line, you DON'T have to "idle" one ittsy bitsy, teeny weeny, yellow polka dotted little BIT! So, those of you driving turbocharged cars or SUVs, can go back to being normal. All the time you lost sitting like a bump on a log waiting for your turbo to cool, however, cannot and will not be refunded. You just wasted a significant portion of your life over misinformation. Isn't it swell, Beev?

Here's the Q & A article (and other related links) that spills the beans (of course, bear in mind that the article is from Portland, Oregon and we all know how nutty folks are out there):

Here is the water feed line to the turbo:

And here are all the GM parts of the turbo system:

PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT!

Facial expression Cartoon People in nature Happy Art

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
Baa Humbug!! Old proven ways are hard to change but in my case I have a long driveway so my 18 Equinox has a chance to cool off before it rolls into the garage. :censored:

·
39,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42,509 ·
Baa Humbug!! Old proven ways are hard to change but in my case I have a long driveway so my 18 Equinox has a chance to cool off before it rolls into the garage. :censored:
Whatever floats your boat, Sodbuster! 🤪

·
Premium Member
15,183 Posts
Well now....your car, your choice. Is there an article saying the idle trick hurts a turbo? I have personally solved any potential problem by not buying a "huffer" engine. A complication I prefer to avoid.

(edit) Confession..did not read the article. They wanted me to either subscribe or delete adblocker.

·
39,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42,511 · (Edited)
Bull biscuits! I knew darned well I posted this reply to Sodbuster earlier today. Yet here it sat, like a fuzzy ducking, all primped and groomed at the bottom of the page, it's "Post" button glittering in the cloud-shrouded Cleveland sunlight, as if to say, "Hey stupid, you forgot to post this!" What kind of a way to run a website is THAT? Does making confused people more confused bring them some perverse thrill? Is that it?

B-Man would have worked his knuckles raw all day and night to fix a stupid glitch like this. Hmmm...

HEY ADMIN: AFTER SOMEONE COMPLETES THEIR POST AND POSTS IT, THE BOX THEY WROTE IT IN SHOULD DISAPPEAR! PLEASE CHECK INTO THIS AGGRAVATION AND FIX IT! THANK YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY! --JB

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
Old truck drivers never forget, they just can’t remember where they parked their truck. :ROFLMAO::p

• Haha
Reactions: Jimbob

·
39,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42,517 · (Edited)
When SNL was actually a funny show...thanks.
Back when I wore my "Jimbob the Executive" hat, the porter we had was "Fr. Sarducci's" (Don Novello's) cousin. The good Father was in our area and he stopped into the agency to see our mop man. It was before my time, but it sounded like Sarducci had everyone in stitches with his quips and antics as they gave him the grand tour of our place. They said he even went into the mens room and blessed the urinals! Now, THAT'S funny! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
420 Posts
The SNL episode where the good padre told America to tape a piece of clear cellophane on your TV set and Find The Pope in the TV pizza contest was pure comedic genius. They had an image of Pope JP2 superimposed on a pepperoni!

I also remember reading where the good padre got himself in trouble when he visited the Vatican and ended up getting detained for impersonating a member of the clergy.

I can only imagine what an audience with Don Novello would be like. Absolutely hysterical!

·
39,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42,520 · (Edited)
The SNL episode where the good padre told America to tape a piece of clear cellophane on your TV set and Find The Pope in the TV pizza contest was pure comedic genius. They had an image of Pope JP2 superimposed on a pepperoni!

I also remember reading where the good padre got himself in trouble when he visited the Vatican and ended up getting detained for impersonating a member of the clergy.

I can only imagine what an audience with Don Novello would be like. Absolutely hysterical!
I looked for the pizza skit, but no one has put it on YouTube. But I can just imagine. Here's a skit he did one time when he hosted SNL. Pat will get a large charge out of this one, since Sarducci talks about the "threat" of Canada. LOL! Funny stuff!

And Paul, you were right about "back when SNL was funny." Every week my sister and I would mention the latest SNL episode and laugh our guts out talking about it. Then one day, it all just died. Skits were about as funny as finding a dog dropping in your apple pie. No Chevy Chase, no John Belushi, no Dan Aykroyd, no Gilda Radner, no Jane Curtin, no Bill Murray, no Father Sarducci, no humor. And these days it isn't only SNL. It's all the late-night shows, too. In a nutshell, comedy went to hell in a handbasket. Sad, really.

But, take heart. Follow the advice of our friendly philosopher and shrink, Rodney Norman! He'll lead you to the Promised Land!

Anxiety and Depression
by
Rodney Norman

42501 - 42520 of 42685 Posts