Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
42541 - 42560 of 42685 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,390 Posts
Yes, HAPPY THANKSGIVING GUYS! I am also thankful for my descent health and thankful for my friends here on IMBOC. :)

I promised Jim I would post up a pic of me and my new faux mink coat so I got all dolled up and went to my sister's house in the country (the one with the cool tom turkeys) and she did a photo shoot for me. Here are several of my favorite shots. I see after she sends them to me on my phone and then I send them to my pc to post them up here, they get a little grainy. :(

Smile Plant Tree People in nature Coat
Smile Sky Hand Outerwear Cloud

Skin Smile Eye Organ Iris

Skin Head Smile Outerwear Tree

Yes, I am 20 years older than the first pic I put up here on IMBOC back in 2001 after taking delivery of2001 #344.
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Tire

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,948 Posts
Back to Vicki's fur coat...maybe it's a mink, given there is extensive mink farming in the PNW.

My dad grew up in Cascade Locks OR in the '30's, and had family in the Portland area as well.
They had stories of cat-a-rat farms...
Self sustaining mink farming....
They fed mink carcasses to rats, then fed the rats to the minks for perpetual feed farming!
Nothing is 100% self sustaining though, but there are plenty of stories of such attempts.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,390 Posts
Back to Vicki's fur coat...maybe it's a mink, given there is extensive mink farming in the PNW.

My dad grew up in Cascade Locks OR in the '30's, and had family in the Portland area as well.
They fed mink carcasses to rats, then fed the rats to the minks for perpetual feed farming!
Nothing is 100% self sustaining though, but there are plenty of stories of such attempts.
The maker of my coat Kurt, doesn't use real fur, so it is faux.

·
Premium Member
15,183 Posts

Did he have any tales of the Nutria scam? Fur raising? That tale is legit. We've been cursed with Nutria ever since.

LOL on the minks/rats yarn. Did they ever tell you about the critter in the woods called the "go behind"? No matter how fast you could turn to look, this critter would get behind you...nobody ever got a good look at one, because...

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42,546 · (Edited)
Forehead Smile Sleeve Happy Font

Holy cow! Vicki has gone HOLLYWOOD! All you need is some designer sunglasses and you're in! Love the coat. Love what's in it, too! Mink, otter, muskrat, no matter. That's a fine looking garment! You should have bought a few sizes larger, though. That way we could BOTH snuggle up inside it! In real life that coat is much darker than it looked in the other photos we've seen. So, it could well be faux mink... :love:

Now, on the negative side of the news, you seemed to have stumbled onto one of those words that drive foreigners trying to learn the English language bat-dropping crazy! "Descent" is what an airplane does on its way to the runway. "Decent" is the word for "satisfactory." What a difference one little letter makes, huh? :ROFLMAO:

Rectangle Font Screenshot Electronic device Parallel

Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Document

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asian people all think Americans are crazy. "Ah, you clazy Americans! You put tea on stove to make hot. Then you put ice in tea to make cold. You put sugar in tea to make sweet. Then you put lemon in tea to make sour! Claaaazy Americans."

"And why you clazy Americans park on driveway, but then you drive on parkway? Clazy, clazy, clazy! And why you spell Sue "Sioux?" Clazy!"

·
39,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42,549 ·
In Vicki's case..I'll blame it on 'puter autocorrect. Yes, decent fits Vicki well.

Jimbob...in our case? Descent may be quite appropriate! And I'm not talking genetics! :ROFLMAO:
You had to say it, didn't you? All I can say is "THANK GOD FOR IBUPROFEN!"

Liquid Paint Fluid Plastic bottle Drink

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,390 Posts
Did he have any tales of the Nutria scam? Fur raising? That tale is legit. We've been cursed with Nutria ever since.

LOL on the minks/rats yarn. Did they ever tell you about the critter in the woods called the "go behind"? No matter how fast you could turn to look, this critter would get behind you...nobody ever got a good look at one, because...
No Kurt, heard of no such stories. But.. we DO have Bigfoot up here.
Primate Terrestrial animal Snout Fur Wildlife

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,390 Posts
View attachment 83347

Holy cow! Vicki has gone HOLLYWOOD! All you need is some designer sunglasses and you're in! Love the coat. Love what's in it, too! Mink, otter, muskrat, no matter. That's a fine looking garment! You should have bought a few sizes larger, though. That way we could BOTH snuggle up inside it! In real life that coat is much darker than it looked in the other photos we've seen. So, it could well be faux mink... :love:

Now, on the negative side of the news, you seemed to have stumbled onto one of those words that drive foreigners trying to learn the English language bat-dropping crazy! "Descent" is what an airplane does on its way to the runway. "Decent" is the word for "satisfactory." What a difference one little letter makes, huh? :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 83348

View attachment 83349

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asian people all think Americans are crazy. "Ah, you clazy Americans! You put tea on stove to make hot. Then you put ice in tea to make cold. You put sugar in tea to make sweet. Then you put lemon in tea to make sour! Claaaazy Americans."

"And why you clazy Americans park on driveway, but then you drive on parkway? Clazy, clazy, clazy! And why you spell Sue "Sioux?" Clazy!"
😆 Ya, it must have been auto correct with the spelling. 😁 I tell ya, with my old age creeping upon me, I am having a harder time these days with my spelling of words and I used to be such a great speller winning bees and all.

Thank you guys for all your kind words on me and my new "fur" coat. I just hope I don't get shot one day walking down the street with it on with peta people thinking it is the real deal. I feel special when I am wearing it, that's for sure. It's the nicest thing I have ever owned. Well, besides my 2001 Bullitt GT, that is. 🥰 Yes Jim, the coat is very warm and heavy with a beautiful lining and all. I believe when it was first made that it was quite expensive, and I only paid $40!

Off to our daughter's house in Idaho with the dogs for a nice Thanksgiving meal and commodore. (JB, did I spell that right?) I only live 6 miles from the Idaho border and she doesn't live too far out from there.

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
DITTO Pat(y)(y)

Reactions: Jimbob

·
39,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42,558 · (Edited)
FICKLE FINGER OF FATE STRIKES THANKSGIVING!

I am happy to report that Pearl's 22-lb. Honeysuckle White bird turned out to be the most tender, succulent and delicious turkey she has ever fixed. Filled with delicious stuffing and a perfect golden brown, it seemed a shame to carve it. I felt like I was destroying a priceless work of art. But no one complained as we ate it. All the side dishes were equally perfect. We ate until we were ready to burst, then looked for a nice sofa or chair for our traditional "Thanksgiving Nap."

And then, later in the day, it happened. The younger boy woke me from my nap with "You jinxed us!" "What are you talking about?" I asked. He reminded me of my warnings about the glass top kitchen table Pearl insisted on replacing the sturdy wooden one with, that had served us well. Pearl has a nasty habit of cluttering up tables with far too much weight and I told her that the dainty glass one would never hold up to that kind of torture. And it turned out I was right.

Pearl was re-heating things and was going to set that table up like a smorgasbord, so we could all file in and fix a plate for our second round of gluttony, then sit down and and eat anywhere we wanted. A fine idea, if we were still using Old Hickory. But that dainty glass gave up the ghost when Pearl set the fire-hot stuffing on the table. The combination of heat and weight was just too much for Miss Dainty Glass. It cracked completely in two!

Thankfully, it cracked only about a foot in, the length of the table, so we didn't have food everywhere. We removed the broken glass and (get this) used the top from Old Hickory to make the fancy table usable again. And that's all I have to say about that. (No, I didn't say "I told you so," but I was tempted).

·
39,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42,560 ·
I wish you had a video for us to enjoy the scene. Who were all over to your house for the festivities?
Well, so many have bought the farm (Jrs. wife, the young boy's daddy, all of Pearl's sisters, my brother) that the old "gang" is more like a handful of hollow-eyed war survivors. Just Pearl, myself and the two boys now. In the old days I would've needed a school bus to take them all for a ride. Now my little Equinox could "git 'r' done. Time has a way of peeling families down to the bare bones. In my immediate family. only my sister and I remain. On the broader scene, all of the "Greatest Generation" folks are long gone (even dear old Aunt Rosie now). Just a smattering of cousins from the "good old days." And one of the younger of those passed away a couple years back. Yep, the old Grim Reaper doesn't like to wait. He's an eager beaver! But yeah, a vid of that fine mishap would be a hoot! I told everyone that yesterday would be Chapter 10 of the book I'm going to write. "When Skies Were Bluer" by Jim Harper. Sure to be on the best seller list... :rolleyes:

Grey Tints and shades Darkness Automotive tire Wood

Reactions: pwd72s
42541 - 42560 of 42685 Posts