Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
43041 - 43060 of 43160 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43,042 · (Edited)
Come on, people. THINK!

Okay, I guess I'll have to give out a "hint." He liked the song because the rhythm of it reminded him of the train that used to run by his childhood home. THINK!

(And there went everyone's chance to earn extra points)....

·
39,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43,043 ·
Several things I missed when I moved from CA to GA back in 91....
Dungeness crab
Fresh salmon & Halibut
Sourdough bread
See's Chocolate
Sharp Tillamook chedder...
Among other things...

Imagine my surprise when I went to Walmart one day a few years back and there was an orange VW bus out front, painted like a brick of Tillamook cheese...passing out samples! HUH???
Tillamook now distributes in the South!!!!!
I was so excited, I bought and ate so much it blocked my colon for a month!!!

I am however still waiting for See's chocolate to come east. In ATL they would at least set up a kiosk in some of the Malls at Christmas...but not in FL. I still have to mail order, or fill my suitcase anytime I fly out west.
What about you, blocked colon? You got a guess in this, or are you too busy eating cheese? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: pwd72s

·
39,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43,044 · (Edited)
I have made a HORRIBLE MISTAKE! I told you "NOPE" and daggum it, I was wrong! YOU ARE THE WINNER! (I somehow got things twisted around in my head and THOUGHT it was "Keep 'a Knockin'," but nope, I was harboring delusions --- it was "Lucille!")... The thing about the train is true, and Little Richard says so in this "60 Minutes" interview:

Anyway, forgive my grave mistake and please accept this laurel and hardy handshake for getting it right! You the MAN, Sodbuster! (I'll even thrown in the extra points!)

Head Organism Gesture Font Art

And with that, HERE'S LITTLE RICHARD!

·
Premium Member
6,084 Posts
Well Datgum. Winner Winner KFC Dinner🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Jimbob

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,472 Posts
Several things I missed when I moved from CA to GA back in 91....
Dungeness crab
Fresh salmon & Halibut
Sourdough bread
See's Chocolate
Sharp Tillamook chedder...
Among other things...

Imagine my surprise when I went to Walmart one day a few years back and there was an orange VW bus out front, painted like a brick of Tillamook cheese...passing out samples! HUH???
Tillamook now distributes in the South!!!!!
I was so excited, I bought and ate so much it blocked my colon for a month!!!

I am however still waiting for See's chocolate to come east. In ATL they would at least set up a kiosk in some of the Malls at Christmas...but not in FL. I still have to mail order, or fill my suitcase anytime I fly out west.
Kurt! You can go online and order however much of See's candies you want and in different varieties! I can send you a box though, if you like, as we have a store here. 🥰 Amazon.com : sees chocolates

·
39,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43,048 · (Edited)
Guessing game? Hmmp!

·
39,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43,049 · (Edited)
Well Datgum. Winner Winner KFC Dinner 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Only if Vicki fixes it. She's not much on frying chicken, though. I'm thinking of just letting Paul have her. She let me down over fried chicken the other day. Hmmp. 😁

BTW, I think KFC took my advice. The last couple times we got the chicken sandwiches, they had that famous KFC taste! Before I brought it to their attention, it didn't. It's not as prominent as in their regular chicken, but it's there. Before? Not at all. So there's that.

·
Premium Member
15,309 Posts
What? No chick filet in Cleveland? I hereby nominate Jimbob as THE fast food gourmet.

Now I just learned something while watching a music documentary. Sounded crazy to me, but it must be true, So crazy, nobody would guess right if I posed it as a trivia question. So, which band sold more records in 1967 than the Beatles and Rolling Stones combined? Sure says a lot about musical tastes of the time. The group was...are you ready? Believe it or not....

The Monkees.

The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville 1966 - YouTube

·
39,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43,051 · (Edited)
What? No chick filet in Cleveland? I hereby nominate Jimbob as THE fast food gourmet.

Now I just learned something while watching a music documentary. Sounded crazy to me, but it must be true, So crazy, nobody would guess right if I posed it as a trivia question. So, which band sold more records in 1967 than the Beatles and Rolling Stones combined? Sure says a lot about musical tastes of the time. The group was...are you ready? Believe it or not....

The Monkees.

The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville 1966 - YouTube
Promotion and hype is all they were. A "Milli Vanilli" deal way before them. I went to a Monkee concert at Cincinnai Gardens, so I'm a witness. Big screen behind the "band" (aka "phonies") played scenes from the Monkee TV series, while they lip-synched their way through their "hit" songs and "played" guitars that weren't even plugged into the amps (this was long before "remote amp connection"). And get this: The "warm-up act?" None other than the late-great Jimi Hendrix! I kid you not. You talk about stupid looks on the faces of thousands of teenyboppers! Those kids didn't know what to think! The looks in their eyes when he set his guitar on fire were a riot! That alone was worth the price of admission! :ROFLMAO:

Incidently, I went to that concert at the request of my "true love" (and future fiancee, who dumped me while I was over in Vietnam). BTW, she just happened to live in Clarksvlle, Ohio (A one-horse town if there ever was one --- and there wasn't even a railroad track running through it!).

·
Premium Member
15,309 Posts
Still have feelings about a long ago breakup, Jimbob?

Yeah....me too, Along with probably a gadzillion other guys... She promised eternal love. I didn't realize that eternity could be so short.

·
Registered
444 Posts
That’s a heck of a story Jimbob, seeing Jimmy perform live is one heck of a memory!
Yes the Monkees were one giant marketing gig but you got to give them and their handlers credit, they pulled it off and sold a lot of records and concerts.

·
Premium Member
15,309 Posts
As far as big conserts goes? Ones we've personally seen? Well, it wasn't actually a concert...more of a dance party when Paul Revere and the Raiders played the local armory. That's as big as it got for me.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,472 Posts
Only if Vicki fixes it. She's not much on frying chicken, though. I'm thinking of just letting Paul have her. She let me down over fried chicken the other day. Hmmp. 😁

BTW, I think KFC took my advice. The last couple times we got the chicken sandwiches, they had that famous KFC taste! Before I brought it to their attention, it didn't. It's not as prominent as in their regular chicken, but it's there. Before? Not at all. So there's that.
:ROFLMAO:

·
39,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43,056 · (Edited)
Still have feelings about a long ago breakup, Jimbob?

Yeah....me too, Along with probably a gadzillion other guys... She promised eternal love. I didn't realize that eternity could be so short.
Nah. Truth told, we were just young and restless and bored. You know, workin' on our "night moves." Easy to confuse that with love when you're that age. The irony of it is, the guy she ran off with looks like your twin brother. I kid you not! :ROFLMAO:

Night Moves? Hmmm...

I was a little too tall, could've used a few pounds
Tight pants points, hardly renowned
She was a black-haired beauty with big dark eyes
And points of her own, sittin' way up high
Way up firm and high
Out past the cornfields where the woods got heavy
Out in the back seat of my '60 Chevy
Workin' on mysteries without any clues
Workin' on our night moves
Tryin' to make some front page drive-in news
In the summertime
Umm, in the sweet summertime
We weren't in love, oh no, far from it
We weren't searchin' for some pie in the sky summit
We were just young and restless and bored
Livin' by the sword
And we'd steal away every chance we could
To the backroom, to the alley or the trusty woods
I used her, she used me but neither one cared
We were gettin' our share
Tryin' to lose the awkward teenage blues
Mmm, and it was summertime
Mmm, sweet, summertime, summertime
Oh, wonderin'
Felt the lightning, yeah
And I waited on the thunder
Waited on the thunder
I woke last night to the sound of thunder
How far off I sat and wondered?
Started hummin' a song from 1962
Ain't it funny how the night moves?
When you just don't seem to have as much to lose
Strange how the night moves
With autumn closin' in
Mmm, night moves, mmm
(Night moves) night moves
(Night moves) yeah
(Night moves) I remember
(Night moves) ah, I sure remember the night moves
(Night moves) ain't it funny how you remember?
(Night moves) funny how you remember
(Night moves) I remember, I remember, I remember, I remember
(Night moves) oh, oh, oh
we were workin', workin' and practicin'
(Night moves) workin' and practicin'
(Night moves) oh, on the night moves, night moves
(Night moves) oh
(Night moves) I remember, yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember
(Night moves) ooh
(Night moves) I remember, Lord I remember, Lord I remember
(Night moves) ha, ha, ooh-hoo
Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah
Uh huh, uh huh
I remember, I remember

Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Seger Robert Clark
Night Moves lyrics © Gear Publishing Company Inc, Gear Publishing Co. Inc.

·
39,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43,057 · (Edited)
Ah, the memories. "With autumn closin' in..." (That brought a tear to my eye).

Plant Sleeve Gesture Collar Hat
....💋😛😈🍒🎈💔😢

Clarksville, Ohio...
Cloud Sky Building Plant Tree

Hey, they've got a tanning salon now. Wow! How they've advanced!

Reactions: FarmerDon

·
Premium Member
15,309 Posts
Didn't see a pool hall though...

You picked Seger's best song. Hope you don't hold it against me...I had nothin' to do with it! LOL!

Looking back...yeah, what did we know?

·
39,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43,059 ·
Didn't see a pool hall though...

You picked Seger's best song. Hope you don't hold it against me...I had nothin' to do with it! LOL!

Looking back...yeah, what did we know?
Too far in the boonies for pool. You've got to drive about 20 mi. south to South Lebanon for a pool hall. But you'd be wise to bring a gun, too. That place is rough!

·
39,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43,060 · (Edited)
Food for thought...

Horse Plant Sky Ecoregion Cloud

Okay, I'll admit it. There have been times that I have scoffed at the notion of "global warming." Especially during a "deep freeze" like the one we just had (and the new one that will return in about a week). I have laughed out loud at the idea that this problem is all the doings of mankind. Actually, I still do. What mankind has added to the problem is about as significant as a flea pooping in a 140-acre field. But as for the "problem" itself, I am now convinced that it is very, very real.

The real problem is, there's nothing we can do about it. It's natural and it's feeding on itself. It will continue and it will run its course, come hell or high water. Take some time and read this lengthy article from the New Yorker magazine. It is worth the time. See if it doesn't open your eyes as it did mine. The problem, in a nutshell, is thawing permafrost, folks. It is adding tons of carbon to the atmosphere. And, like the Terminator, it absolutely will not stop. Consider this: "Scientific models suggest that the permafrost contains one and a half trillion tons of carbon, twice as much as is currently held in Earth’s atmosphere. A Russian scientist said: 'It’s a natural process,' he told [the writer]. 'Which means that, unlike purely anthropogenic processes'—say, emissions from factories or automobiles—'once it starts, you can’t really stop it.' "

LINK TO ARTICLE: The Great Siberian Thaw

43041 - 43060 of 43160 Posts