Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
44421 - 44440 of 44594 Posts

·
Car Whisperer
21,540 Posts
WooHoo!!! now, you can actually get some rest and heal up!!!!! And no more bricks or pancakes!!!!!! ....and uninterrupted trips to the outhouse!!!!!!!

Reactions: Jimbob

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
:sleep::sleep::sleep:
Sleep good tonight!!!

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44,425 · (Edited)
My Hospital Experience...

I know I did my share of complaining, but truthfully I was blessed to have such care for my little ticker problem. Cleveland Clinic is, after all, the number one cardiological care facility in the world! The staff was professional, courteous, helpful and most even had a sense of humor. From doctors all the way to orderlys, top notch care. I'll never forget Josephine, a cute little orderly who I learned was from the Philippines. She was always a ray of sunshine, would ask how I was doing and would have something nutty to say to make me laugh. I asked her one day if she'd ever heard "her" song. She asked what that was and I said, "You mean you've never heard 'Filipino Baby'?" The song was from 1946, by Ernest Tubb and also Cowboy Copas. I sang a few bars of it, then pulled up Tubb's version on YouTube on my smartphone. She was thrilled and every day she came into the room after that, she was singing "I'm a Filipino baby!" and laughing like crazy. :)

Here's my attempt at the Cowboy Copas version

One of the more interesting things happened when I was having some breathing problems was they surprised me with a "bong." It went something like this:
Drinkware Textile Fluid Plastic bottle Household supply

Glasses Vision care Comfort Fluid Table

Glasses Hand Vision care Water Gesture

The last nurse I had was a 25-year-old blonde beauty named Ashley. She was not only a top notch RN, but had a great personality and sense of humor to boot. She wheeled me down to the patient exit and when we hit the sidewalk she said, "I'm sure going to miss you not being around." Oh, to be a few years younger. What a gal! A true "kutie" if there ever was one!

And lastly, this is the EKG readout you DON'T want to ever see! Trust me.
Television Television set Gadget Flat panel display Display device

NOTE: That 139 was "Beats Per Minute," which is fine if you're running a marathon up Pikes Peak with a 200-lb. backpack on.

·
Premium Member
15,765 Posts
Filipino Baby...loved it! Reminds me of a USN Chief (retired) I knew...hope he's resting in peace. Yep, he had some tales of the Philippines and shore leaves. He didn't quite use the same terms as that WWII song, but the sentiment was sorta the same. ;) Damn...wish I'd known...would have given you a name to drop...well, in a way, I did...if you'd had that pool match I linked you to playing, I think you'd have seen a reaction...Efren "Bata" Reyes is a national hero...second only to Manny Pacio.

"A few years younger"??? Uh, hate to clue you Jimbob...better make that a few decades...The years go fast, yeah they do.

I see they've modified the breathing bongs...mine looked different...same principle, I'd guess....made to encourage deep breaths?

Yes, hospitals are nice to have when you need one. They're even nicer to be out of! Glad you made it! So, they have your meds all worked out?

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Glad they got your ”ticker” under control. It will take a couple of days for you to get back “on the top shelf”! Rest well!!

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,569 Posts
Whew Jim! I just caught up with all the posts about your hospital ordeal! I am so glad you are doing OK now and still with us. I am wondering if in the near future that you may have to have a pace maker?

·
40,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44,433 · (Edited)
Whew Jim! I just caught up with all the posts about your hospital ordeal! I am so glad you are doing OK now and still with us. I am wondering if in the near future that you may have to have a pace maker?
No, my condition doesn't fall into the realm of "pacemaker." All I needed was a swift kick in the arse and a scolding. Then, meds every day for the rest of my Earthly days. I was relieved to see you stop by, though. I thought you were mad at me for chasing little Philippino girls and blonde bombshell nurses around the hospital. 🤪 :ROFLMAO:

But... you know you're my one true love.... right? 👀

Joint Shoulder Neck Sleeve Standing

·
40,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44,437 · (Edited)
This caught my eye. Wow, what a rod!

RANDOM CUSTOM CLASSIC!

1939 Lincoln Zephyr Custom...
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering wheel Automotive design

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window

350 cu. in. Chevrolet crate engine. Horsepower unknown...
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Fuel tank Classic

Car Wheel Vehicle Plant Sky

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KLASSIC KUTIES!

Joint Skin Shoe Shoulder Eye

Joint Shoulder Window Flash photography Human body

Shoulder Leg Muscle Comfort Flash photography

Joint Skin Shoulder Leg Comfort

Hair Joint Skin Lip Smile

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BONUS VIDEO!

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,569 Posts
No, my condition doesn't fall into the realm of "pacemaker." All I needed was a swift kick in the arse and a scolding. Then, meds every day for the rest of my Earthly days. I was relieved to see you stop by, though. I thought you were mad at me for chasing little Philippino girls and blonde bombshell nurses around the hospital. 🤪 :ROFLMAO:

But... you know you're my one true love.... right? 👀

View attachment 86078
Of course I am Jim! 🥰

44421 - 44440 of 44594 Posts