Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
44441 - 44460 of 44594 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44,441 · (Edited)
Nice to see Jimbob back in his groove again...that Lincoln Grille is a wow!
Font Sleeve Symbol Illustration Logo

"In the groove," indeed. Pearl and I had just returned home from going over to the bank. I sat down at the computer, to pay a couple bills. Whipped out my wallet and "Oh crud! I left my debit card in the ATM!" Back over to the bank we go. Got lucky. The machine had sucked it up and it was still there. That dang Murphy. I'd like to ring his neck! :ROFLMAO:

But, alas, the car... At least the guy had the presence of mind to throw a Chevy crate motor under the hood. Man, does that ride sit low to the ground, or what? But, it has air suspension, so he can hike it up when he's running streets with railroad tracks, etc. Hard to believe that the car was originally a 3-window coupe, then was morphed into a big, long fastback --- something Lincoln never had (but should have, in my humble opinion). Anyway, 10-years in a labor of love paid off. The guy has a rod for the ages!

Here's more than is legally allowed by law to know about the car, straight from the horse's mouth... Nice little chat all about the Zephyr.

Reactions: pwd72s

·
Premium Member
15,765 Posts
Chevy crate motor? Easily found at any cruise-in. I can't count the number of cars I've seen running 350-350...(engine and transmission). Why is this combination so popular? Because by golly, it works darned well. So, it's seen in lead sleds, chopped deuces, and pretty much everything.

Cosmic rays...hmm. Maybe that explains our Jimbob! He's really from Mars...transported from there via cosmic ray. I asked one of the History Channel ancient aliens guys about this. The response was; "Could it be?".

·
40,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44,444 ·
Chevy crate motor? Easily found at any cruise-in. I can't count the number of cars I've seen running 350-350...(engine and transmission). Why is this combination so popular? Because by golly, it works darned well. So, it's seen in lead sleds, chopped deuces, and pretty much everything.

Cosmic rays...hmm. Maybe that explains our Jimbob! He's really from Mars...transported from there via cosmic ray. I asked one of the History Channel ancient aliens guys about this. The response was; "Could it be?".
1. I concur on the "Nifty 350."
2. LOL! I had them going at the hospital, on the odd cooincidence of my having been born precisely one week prior to the famous "Roswell UFO Crash."
Font Photo caption Event News Advertising

·
40,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44,446 ·
Here's a look back to a day in 1952, of we three Harper kids and our dear Volkerding cousins, Betty Jane and Kathy. Top row, left to right: My big bro', Charles, sister Ruthie, and cousin, Betty Jane. Seated below, Yours truly, Jimbob and little Kathy. So long ago, and yet, like yesterday.

Photograph Black Standing People Snapshot

·
40,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44,449 ·
HERE'S OUR GIRLS!

"Xanadu..." An interesting original tune written by Reina...

·
40,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44,450 ·
LIVING PROOF!

Yesterday, I witnessed an astounding event that proved to me, beyond all doubt, that heart conditions are capable of creating fullblown miracles, all on their own. It was when...
Facial expression Hat Poster Headgear Costume hat

...for the very first time in recorded history, well................
Plant Sky Fence Tree Grass
:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: bullit4404

·
40,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44,451 ·
BEHOLD THE GLORY!

I seriously thought we were going to lose Charles with this one. Talk about hearts racing. His must've put mine to shame! And all for a 1960 Plymouth Fury "old folks" car.

• Haha

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
My Hospital Experience...

I know I did my share of complaining, but truthfully I was blessed to have such care for my little ticker problem. Cleveland Clinic is, after all, the number one cardiological care facility in the world! The staff was professional, courteous, helpful and most even had a sense of humor. From doctors all the way to orderlys, top notch care. I'll never forget Josephine, a cute little orderly who I learned was from the Philippines. She was always a ray of sunshine, would ask how I was doing and would have something nutty to say to make me laugh. I asked her one day if she'd ever heard "her" song. She asked what that was and I said, "You mean you've never heard 'Filipino Baby'?" The song was from 1946, by Ernest Tubb and also Cowboy Copas. I sang a few bars of it, then pulled up Tubb's version on YouTube on my smartphone. She was thrilled and every day she came into the room after that, she was singing "I'm a Filipino baby!" and laughing like crazy. :)

Here's my attempt at the Cowboy Copas version

One of the more interesting things happened when I was having some breathing problems was they surprised me with a "bong." It went something like this:
View attachment 86073

View attachment 86074

View attachment 86075

The last nurse I had was a 25-year-old blonde beauty named Ashley. She was not only a top notch RN, but had a great personality and sense of humor to boot. She wheeled me down to the patient exit and when we hit the sidewalk she said, "I'm sure going to miss you not being around." Oh, to be a few years younger. What a gal! A true "kutie" if there ever was one!

And lastly, this is the EKG readout you DON'T want to ever see! Trust me.
View attachment 86076

NOTE: That 139 was "Beats Per Minute," which is fine if you're running a marathon up Pikes Peak with a 200-lb. backpack on.
At least you got it up to 139! Most people your/our age would likely be at the point of no return.

·
Premium Member
15,765 Posts
Gawd, Charles Phoenix videos might be more fun if he could up his enthusiasm a few notches. Maybe he'd have done so if it was a coupe or a ragtop instead of a four door. Reality? What they called "vertical stabilizers" were great for making the car wander about in cross winds.

The Jetson? Well...not much I can say about that..nope.

My big discovery of the day? Going through my old pickup tool box. When I sold the pickup I just put the carry tool box away. Realizing I was probably done with pickups, decided to go through it to see if there was anything I wanted to add to the garage rollaway. Found some absolute treasures...I'd forgotten that I bought some higher end tools back in my younger years of 40 or 50 years ago. Lots of SK Wayne and Proto...Craftsman, New Britian that was made by Proto for NAPA. Really good stuff! Added to the rollaway with my mostly USA made Craftsperson stuff. For the non tool junkies, SK & Proto both considered very professional grade..right up there with Snap-on, Mac, Matco, etc..glad I bought them when I did. Probably wouldn't now because of the steep price.

·
40,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44,455 ·
Gawd, Charles Phoenix videos might be more fun if he could up his enthusiasm a few notches. Maybe he'd have done so if it was a coupe or a ragtop instead of a four door. Reality? What they called "vertical stabilizers" were great for making the car wander about in cross winds.

The Jetson? Well...not much I can say about that..nope.

My big discovery of the day? Going through my old pickup tool box. When I sold the pickup I just put the carry tool box away. Realizing I was probably done with pickups, decided to go through it to see if there was anything I wanted to add to the garage rollaway. Found some absolute treasures...I'd forgotten that I bought some higher end tools back in my younger years of 40 or 50 years ago. Lots of SK Wayne and Proto...Craftsman, New Britian that was made by Proto for NAPA. Really good stuff! Added to the rollaway with my mostly USA made Craftsperson stuff. For the non tool junkies, SK & Proto both considered very professional grade..right up there with Snap-on, Mac, Matco, etc..glad I bought them when I did. Probably wouldn't now because of the steep price.
Of all those pronouns, the ones that rang bells were Craftsman, Snap-On, Mac and SK. First I'd ever heard of "Proto." Sounds like you struck some gold there. Back when I was a wannabe mechanic at Wilson Freight, I always tottered to the Mac truck when he came around. My rolling stack tool chest and most all my tools were Craftsman, though. Served me well. This is pretty much what I had...

Wood Tire Automotive exterior Wood stain Gas

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Premium Member
15,765 Posts
Update of sorts...dunno about SK any more...about a year or so ago, SK tools was bought by (who else) the Chinese. Still made in USA, but I don't know about the quality of the new stuff. My rollaway? Also Craftsman, lower, middle, and upper...3 "ball bearing griplatch" chests, their middle of the road stuff...only 26" wide. If I had it to do over, I'd have gone wider and lower...just like the ragtop boats. ;) Bigger too. I once thought it had lots of room, but it's pretty jammed full today. Hey, lots of wrenching still going on with made in the USA "craftsperson" tools. I miss them... Proto? Also high end stuff.. PROTO® Industrial Tools Official Site | PROTO (protoindustrial.com)

Johnny sure got dark when he realized the end was near, didn't he? Like he'd recently discovered that stuff was just stuff and... Oh well...hope he's at peace now.

Today? It's time for Reina and Toni to have their days in the sun. Long may they enjoy them. Talent has a way of rising to the top. :)

Here's a little song about the latest policy for Oregon public schools...wish I was kidding you...but it's true. The Oregon legislature at it's finest, the Governor signed the bill..it's law.

"They're Gonna Put TAMPONS in the BOYS ROOM" 😆 | NEW SONG!! | Buddy Brown | Truck Sessions - YouTube

44441 - 44460 of 44594 Posts