Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
45261 - 45280 of 45315 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
41,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,261 ·
Buy what you want folks. Guess I shoulda just shut up on this one. Yeah...I do wonder why Ford didn't bring the Ranger name back, but seems like it's all a moot point now anyway.

It does show there's a demand out there for a truly small pickup. Is Toyota listening?
Shut up? Banish the thought! Around here we accept any point of view or opinion. And no one is shunned, ridiculed or called names over what they think! It's called freedom. It's called AMERICA!

There's even a song about it...

·
41,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,264 ·
Meanwhile...here's a toolbox tour that Jimbob might enjoy. Gee..nobody ever gave me a new rollaway and tools. I wonder why? Maybe if I donned a pair of tight cutoff jeans & a tight top?

The Best Thing That's Ever Happened in Here! // Ultimate Toolbox Tour - YouTube
Once I got past her hideously tattooed right arm, I sort of enjoyed watching her get organized. I'm wagering the guy who gave her all that stuff got laid, and if he didn't he should file a formal protest.

Cutoffs and tight tops won't help you, Paul. But you might consider having $100-dollar bills tattooed all over your back. She'd probably really go for that!

·
41,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,266 ·
My hope is that I'll get an offer for NOT wearing short shorts and a tight top. Problem is, tool and car junkies would find my old made in USA Craftsman tools like they find my '09 Bullitt..Old, slow, and obsolete. Guess that kinda describes me as well. :(
Old means you're wiser. Slow means you see more than everyone else. Obsolescence is in the mind. Your heart is what makes you who you are. Let not your heart be troubled.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Paul,
There was a quote from the movie Corvette Summer that really fits your current situation.
Mark Hamill is trying to get to Las Vegas to find his stolen car. A group of low riders stop and pick him up and proceed to head to Vegas at 15 mph. Hamill looses it and says why are we going so slow to which the driver replies……

“It’s not how fast you get there, It’s how you get there!”

·
Premium Member
16,021 Posts
I just released a fragrance. Cindy didn't like it. Hey, she served the beans...
Anyway, I quit watching TV, back to web surfing.

What? I'm supposed to toss out my perfectly functioning old tools? To make myself cool on youtube? This is really gonna sound weird, but it's true..I have several...okay, maybe 5 or 6 or 8, 1/2" combination wrenches. Craftsman, New Britian, Proto, SK, and even snap-on. Accumulated over many years. The one that has a "just right" feel to my hands? One I got after Dad died...a "plomb" (put an upside down triangle where I typed the o.) Superbly comfortable to grip. A uniquely pebbled finish, it's side a perfect width for comfortable tightening and loosening. I researched the name...a weird lawsuit by a maker of hammers called "Plumb" forced a name change. That was in 1939. "Plomb" became...ta-da...Proto, short for "professional tool", a name suggested by a secretary.

If there's any moral to the above trivia, it's to buy good quality tools...good quality can last longer than a lifetime.

·
Premium Member
16,021 Posts
Not just her voice, either. A charter (private jet) pilot who posted on another car guy site I visit said he flew Martina once and that she was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen,

But as long as we're talking pretty faces and good voices, I have a nominee...

Different Drum - YouTube

·
41,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,271 · (Edited)
THE TOWN CLOWN'S CAR...

Back when I was just a little fellow (not much bigger than a squirrel), there was a man who lived up Second street that I'll never forget. His name was "Dutch" Bunnell and he was one of those guys who was forever more laughing and playing practical jokes on people. Every summer, he'd be there at the yearly Loveland Carnival, dressed up as a clown. And, of course, he'd be laughing. When we moved from 2nd Street into my parent's second home on Fields-Ertel, he and his wife Vernie would drive out to visit every now and then. And, just like when we lived in the old place, Dutch would be driving that same car --- A bright green 1950 Chrysler Windsor.

After Dad worked his way up in the world and built his "dream home," one summer day in the '60s, sure enough here came Dutch and Vernie --- to tour the new house, sit and chat, drink beer, laugh and play horseshoes. And what did they drive up in? That same 1950 Chrysler Windsor. It wasn't much to look at, but for some reason I remember it --- and probably always will. It had one of those big metal sun shades over the windshield that made it different than every other car on the road. Maybe that's why I remember it. Yes, Dutch was a happy soul. And apparently, he was happy with that Chrysler because, so far as I know, he drove it his entire life. Here's today's...

RANDOM CLASSIC!

1950 Chrysler Windson sedan
1950 Chrysler Windsor Newport 2 Door Hardtop Prestomatic — Audrain Auto Museum and https://www.hemmings.com/auction/1950-chrysler-windsor and http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/memb...ments/9990548690995/1950_Chrysler_Info_1B.pdf and 1950 Chrysler (USA) Windsor Sedan full range specs
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Wheel

Car Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Steering part

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Tire

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive parking light

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Wheel

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Wheel Tire

Chrysler L-Head Spitfire 251 cu. in. Inline Six, 116 h.p. @ 3600 rpm
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Car Automotive design

Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting Wheel

Car Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Newspaper

NOTE: In order to assemble enough pictures in the right angles the car above is actually two different, very similar, cars. Thank you and have a great day!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KLASSIC KUTIES!

Face Shoulder Leg Flash photography Textile

Hair Joint Lip Shoulder Furniture

Hair Joint Skin Shoulder Stomach

Joint Hairstyle Shoulder Muscle Neck

Hair Shoulder Leg Swimsuit bottom Swimwear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, Dutch finally got his very own "dream home." It sat atop a huge hill on the outskirts of Loveland, and every winter we (and about every other kid in Loveland) would go there and sled ride. Big fun on "Bunnell's Hill!" Where better to go sled riding than on the Town Clown's lawn? :)

·
41,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,272 · (Edited)
Not just her voice, either. A charter (private jet) pilot who posted on another car guy site I visit said he flew Martina once and that she was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen,

But as long as we're talking pretty faces and good voices, I have a nominee...

Different Drum - YouTube
No argument here. Bug cute! Melts my heart every time!

Reactions: FarmerDon

·
Premium Member
16,021 Posts
Numero tres

Poor Chrysler...built like a tank, reliable, and competing with the shoebox Ford. No doubt who won that sales battle in 1950.

Makes my eyes wet, watching Linda videos...Damned disease robbed us of that beautiful voice far too soon...:(

·
41,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,274 · (Edited)
Numero tres

Poor Chrysler...built like a tank, reliable, and competing with the shoebox Ford. No doubt who won that sales battle in 1950.

Makes my eyes wet, watching Linda videos...Damned disease robbed us of that beautiful voice far too soon...:(
I'm rolling with No. 4. I'm big on soccer these days. :p

Ford had moved ahead and gave the people something truly new, but Chrysler was still rolling out "yesterday's news..." (no matter what their ads said).

Good grief. I didn't even know Linda had issues. How sad. Progressive supranuclear palsy. Sounds like an ugly and slow way to go.

Reactions: pwd72s

·
41,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,277 · (Edited)
MR. HOT ROD!

I would be remiss to live out my life and not include Wally Parks on this long-running thread I call home. It was Wally, an energetic young lad with a love of cars and speed who, back in the 1930's, started the concept of "drag racing" along the dry lake beds of southern California. It was Wally, who served as the Editorial Director for many car-themed magazines, such as Hot Rod, Car Craft, Rod and Custom and Motor Trend. It was Wally who, in 1951, founded and ran the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA). All gear heads, hot rodders and just plain "car guys" owe a debt of gratitude to Wally, who, in 2007 at 94, left us. Hats off to Wally Parks! May he Rest in Peace (but with glass packs)...

Gesture Font Happy Red Poster

Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

More on Wally at: Wally Parks, the NHRA, and the magazines Wally was editorial director of ... the more I learn the less I respect them and The History of Drag Racing and HOT ROD Highlights from 20, 40, and 60 Years Ago: Inside Our Dec. 1958, ’78, and ’98 Issues and NHRA History

Publication Poster Font Motor vehicle Advertising

·
Premium Member
16,021 Posts
Affixed to the below deck section of the mainmast of recently departed friend Stan's ketch was a small aluminum plaque. Issued by a timing association, it proved that on a long ago day, one Mr. Stan Mott drove a 1932 Ford over one of the California dry lakes at a speed of 100.4 miles per hour. Cracking the century mark was really a big deal back then..

I hope Ise, Stan's widow, kept that little plaque.

·
41,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,279 · (Edited)
Mr. Stan Mott drove a 1932 Ford over one of the California dry lakes at a speed of 100.4 miles per hour. Cracking the century mark was really a big deal back then..
As were engines producing 100 horsepower or more. With 116 h.p., that means that Dutch Bunnell's '50 Chrysler was quite the hot automobile! 😵

45261 - 45280 of 45315 Posts