Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
45281 - 45300 of 45315 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,021 Posts
So, no inspiration? Hmmm, dunno if I can help. Hey, here's something every guy pushing 80 needs to know...or maybe not. ;)
Girls Do THIS When Sexually Attracted To You - Subtle Signs A Woman REALLY Wants You (WATCH NOW) - YouTube
(edit)
Actually I was searching youtube for a how to on what I did yesterday, and the above came up as a suggestion. Finding it amusing, decided to post it.
Anyway, what I really did was this:
How To Clean Your Air Conditioner Condenser - YouTube

But of course, it sure wasn't as easy for me as it was for the young and fit guy in the video...My unit not built at all like the one demonstrated. Had to remove the side coverings in order to remove the top piece & fan. Had to jury rig a resting place for said top piece. had to deal with rusty screws (Good old PB blaster). Had to kneel and lay on gravel to remove said screws...searching for a dropped screw. Thankful that all screws the same size, used a 1/4" nut driver. Actually, the shop vac, spray & rinse part went pretty easy...the reassembly not so much so, with holes not wanting to line up. With the aid of a straight pick, I got her done...only this time I had to lay and kneel on wet & muddy ground to install said screws. This while clearance hampered because of shrubs planted nearby. About 3 1/2 hours after I started, finally everything back together.

The bonus? When I plugged the power back in, the unit started working a TON quieter than it ever has. I didn't lubricate anything, the fan has a sealed bearing. Don't know why it's so much quieter, but it is. Only thing I can think of is maybe I (pure luck) lined the pieces up better than they were before.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
41,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,283 · (Edited)
Meanwhile, back at cars...

I'm going to be lazy. I'm not going to say anything. But then, I don't need to. This one speaks for itself. So there. --JB

RANDOM CLASSIC!

1969 Shelby Cobra GT 500
1969 Shelby GT-350 & GT-500 and 1969 Shelby GT500 Mustang: Ultimate In-Depth Guide and Shelby Mustang History: 1969/1970 GT350 & GT500 The End of the Line - DIY Ford and https://lmr.com/products/shelby-gt500-horsepower-specs-colors
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

Speedometer Vehicle Car Odometer Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Vehicle Cloud Car

Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

428 cu. in. "Cobra Jet" V-8, 335 h.p. @ 5400 rpm
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive battery Motor vehicle

Tire Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Wheel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KLASSIC KUTIES!

Skin Lip Leg Organ One-piece garment

Face Lip Shoulder Leg Dress

Dress Comfort Human body Neck Flash photography

Face Flash photography Neck Waist Dress

Clothing Hair Joint Shoulder Shorts

·
Premium Member
16,021 Posts
#1.

Good ol' Carrol... Did I ever want one? Well, by 1969 I was into an "ass engined Nazi Slot car", as P.J. O'Rourke called them, so no...never wanted a Shelby 'Stang. Thought they were too gaudy. Scoops, spoilers, and stripes galore...and those huge taillights...too distinctive, sure fire cop bait.

But for those who wanted 'em...wow! I'm sure they were a big hit in the student parking lot of Beverly Hills high.

·
41,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,285 · (Edited)
👆 A squat, a dump and a grumble. So glad I decided to save my breath and just be lazy on any intro.

All that aside, though, I have to agree with you. At least on the '69 and '70 Shelbys. Shelb went overboard on the design. But the '67 and '68? Dead opposite, imho. As were the '65-'66 originals.

But what do I know? I'm just the 800-lb. gorilla in the room.
Primate Plant Grass Terrestrial animal Groundcover
Snow Sleeve Gesture Glove Sky

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire Wheel

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

·
41,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,286 ·
HOP, SKIP AND A JUMP!

My dad, who had bought a new '57 Mercury Montclair 2-door hardtop, bought one of these '58's a few years later for a "go-to-work" car. I never warmed up to it as I did the '57, but it served him well, going to and from work. Here's our enthusatic little friend again, doing his best to hype up the car as it sits stockstill.

·
Car Whisperer
21,654 Posts
never was a fan of the 69-70 Shelby. Like you said JimBob, just went too far for me. the prior years....oh yeah, like those although the 67 looks better to me than the 68.

·
41,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,289 · (Edited)
It's worth noting that when Ford decided to bring back the Shelby to our wonderous "modern age" in 2008, they basically followed the design ques of the '68. I rest my case. (Otherwise, I'd have to go into a long, drawn-out account of a young Jimbob, wading through rice paddies, looking at magazines back at the base camp, finding an ad for a '68 Shelby GT 500 KR, falling in love, getting a "Dear John" letter from the love of his life, vowing to the moon over Dong Tam that, come hell or high water, he would own that Shelby --- and I don't want to have to do that...) Anyway, it must've rained a lot and belched some fire, because I ended up with a Mach I. Oh well...

I'm pretty sure THIS was that ad...
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle

2008 Shelby GT/SC Super Snake
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
41,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,291 · (Edited)
Meh...you just liked the bikini in that ad...but that's okay, so do I.
Actually, at that particular time in my life I was more turned on by cool cars than "kuties." When the lipstick-sealed and perfumed envelopes were replaced by "Dear John," I sort of lost interest. Women. There I was dodging mortar rounds and what does she do? Nevermind. It upsets my stomach. Move along.

True Love? Not!
Footwear Shoe Plant Sleeve Gesture

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
HOLEY COW🫣🫣

• Haha
Reactions: Jimbob

·
41,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,297 ·
Prepare to hear one of the most enchantng and delightful versions of the iconic Beatles' song, "Norwegian Wood" you've ever heard. As I told her in the comment section, "You gently caressed the song and gave it all the love of a newborn."

Enjoy!

·
41,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,299 · (Edited)
Memories...

It was one of the best concerts I'd ever been to in my life. June 9, 1989. Blossom Music Center, Cleveland. A huge beach ball was being bounced around the crowd. It was a beautiful summer day. The kids were with us. Wifey's sister and boyfriend, too. When both groups sang "Wishing You Were Here" together, chills ran up and down my arms. It was beautiful. Wifey had been rude and making hateful comments to me throughout the day. I passed it off as "monthly mood" stuff. Turns out, it wasn't. The whole thing had been planned and she knew it, even that day. About a week later, I came home from a trucking trip to Chicago, as per usual.... to an empty house. Went for a plate in the cupboard to make a sandwich and... no plates. A small stack of cheap plastic "picnic" plates were all that was there. Her closet? Empty. No wifey. No kids. But hey, she left the dog. Poor little Fluffy had held it so long he was ready to burst. A couple days later, the fat envelope came. Divorce papers. My world was turned upside down. Still, that concert is a good memory. Here's what I heard...

Rectangle Font Line Screenshot Parallel

A few months later, I was nowhere near being over it. And then this guy comes out with a new song that just about tears my heart right out of my chest...

And then I stumble onto this one by Billy Vera, and he finishes the job.... Lord have mercy!

But hey, it wasn't all that long until I met Pearl, fell in love all over again and lived happily ever after. :)

·
Premium Member
16,021 Posts
Big blocks...definitely a vanishing sound. Seldom heard on the street these days.

What happens when you play a country song backwards? The wife returns, the cow and dog both live, and the crops come in.

Jimbob, you're far from alone...tho that's small solace.

45281 - 45300 of 45315 Posts