Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
45741 - 45760 of 45821 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
41,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,741 · (Edited)
My P.A. is both...She told me so. Guess that's why I'm wrong..as usual.
Jinny Farrar, PA-C, MPAS | Samaritan Health Services (samhealth.org)

Maybe I'm no longer a patient? We've had a few go arounds about mask wearing requirement. My last couple of visits have been "online" remote...with a sweetheart neighbor RN taking my pulse & blood pressure...blood sample taking I wait outside the clinic maskless until it's my turn..
can handle the mask for the 3-5 minutes that takes.

Oregon Government decree...
Yep. Your nurse is one of those "blurred lines" I mentioned above. I guess, thanks to COVID (and idiots like Fauci, the WHO and the CDC), we'll all be stuck wearing masks at rhe doctor, clinic and hospital for eternity. Sucks like canal water down a mudhole in flood season.

Comfort Chair Event Leisure Armrest

·
41,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,744 · (Edited)
Meanwhile...a hard hitting news item. Was this truck bound for Cleveland?
Semi-Truck Carrying Sex Toys Spills Out Onto Oklahoma Highway (yahoo.com)
Oh man! Now what do we do? The cat's out of the bag, so I may as well tell it --- Pearl and I were going to open a new Super Store and call it " Pearl and Jim's Spice of Life Variety." But, now I guess we'll have to re-think what to do with this old former K-Mart store. Maybe stock it with shovels, scrapers, gloves, scarfs and snowblowers, etc. and call it "Pearl and Jim's Cleveland Winter Wonderland?" For kicks we could throw in sleds. skiing equipment and maybe snowmobiles. Wouldn't be as much fun, but I think the profits would be good. Man, I hope that trucking company had good insurance. That was a million dollar load!

Vehicle Outdoor power equipment Asphalt Window Snow

Wheel Tire Snow Vehicle Car

Thigh Flash photography Snow Waist Knee

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
Now hold on just a cotton picking minute. I've seen little babies scratch themself! How do you explain THAT?
Yall knew what I meant. I initially left a _.
But figured that would bring on the”powers that be”!
So Waa La itch🫣

• Haha
Reactions: pwd72s and Jimbob

·
Premium Member
16,190 Posts
Yep. Your nurse is one of those "blurred lines" I mentioned above. I guess, thanks to COVID (and idiots like Fauci, the WHO and the CDC), we'll all be stuck wearing masks at rhe doctor, clinic and hospital for eternity. Sucks like canal water down a mudhole in flood season.

View attachment 89334
And...despite the CDC admitting it goofed big time, here we are. One of the few rights I have left is to refuse care. Have to admit, I've been thinking about that...

(edit) Meanwhile...wouldn't frolicking in snowbanks cause, er, "shrinkage"? Hate snow..it's cold, wet, and makes driving dangerous. Here it mostly stays in the mountains, where it belongs. Here TV weather reports talk of "freezing level", letting the viewers know at what elevation the rain turns to snow.

·
41,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,747 · (Edited)
And...despite the CDC admitting it goofed big time, here we are. One of the few rights I have left is to refuse care. Have to admit, I've been thinking about that...

(edit) Meanwhile...wouldn't frolicking in snowbanks cause, er, "shrinkage"? Hate snow..it's cold, wet, and makes driving dangerous. Here it mostly stays in the mountains, where it belongs. Here TV weather reports talk of "freezing level", letting the viewers know at what elevation the rain turns to snow.
At this point, with the numbers where they are, effectiveness of medicine where it is and natural immunity thick in the mix, mandatory mask-wearing is beyone ridiculous. However, a "certain group of people" have found that it's a wonderful way of controlling people and keeping them under their thumb.

Yes, snow-frolicking does make things shrink. But a warm, crackling fire, a bottle of fine wine and a bearskin rug have a way of expanding things.

Reactions: pwd72s

·
41,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,748 · (Edited)
The "Old Browns" (and the curse) are back!

So, today I was watching the Browns/Jets game and was very delighted with their performance. But, at halftime I decided to roll over and rest. That turned into deep sleep and the next thing I knew I was waking up with the game deep into the 4th quarter. Without going into too great of detail, the Browns were ahead by a touchdown, 24-17. But, in "old Browns" fashion, they let the Jets get a touchdown (the guy was wide open without a Brown in sight) and catch up. But, we respond with a touchdown of our own. But on that one, our new rookie "star" kicker shanked the extra point and stood there looking stupid and shaking his head. In the back of my mind I thought, "That missed point could loom large." And, it did. With hardly any time left, the Jets pulled off an impossible comeback that included a successful on-side kick and a winning touchdown. Our "Miracle Comeback" attempt ended in the fattest interception in the history of football. Final score, Jets 31, Browns 30.

Gesture Beard Tie Sitting Thumb
... (I know I said I wouldn't go into detail... but, I lied). :whistle:

------------------------------------------------

Baker Mayfield and the Panthers? No luck there either. NY Giants 19, Carolina Panthers 16. Hmmm, wonder how the Titans are doing?

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
Liar Liar Liar🫣😵‍💫🤣
Titans play on Monday night football 🏈
Didn't say anything about game outcome did I??

·
Premium Member
16,190 Posts
Are you saying the Jets actually won a game? Truck drivers...they love to josh ya!

(edit...as long as we're talking football.)
Beavers 68 Montana State 28...so my #1 favorite team won. Hate blowouts..quit watching early.
Alas my #2 favorite team of the week, BYU, lost to the Ducks 20-41. Had to look up the score.

A small silver lining...the Beavers still have a better win/loss record than the Ducks.

·
41,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,751 ·
Are you saying the Jets actually won a game? Truck drivers...they love to josh ya!

(edit...as long as we're talking football.)
Beavers 68 Montana State 28...so my #1 favorite team won. Hate blowouts..quit watching early.
Alas my #2 favorite team of the week, BYU, lost to the Ducks 20-41. Had to look up the score.

A small silver lining...the Beavers still have a better win/loss record than the Ducks.
You sound like Klinger, rooting for the "Mud Hens." :ROFLMAO:

Smile Jeans Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

• Haha

·
Premium Member
16,190 Posts

·
41,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,753 · (Edited)
Pretty much, I am. But the Beavers will always have the 2001 Fiesta Bowl...where the press was saying they didn't belong on the same field with Notre Dame...Here's hilites:

Oregon state vs Notre Dame 2001 Fiesta bowl highlights - YouTube

By the way, the Beavers QB in that game is the Beavers head coach today. How's that?

(edit) Longer, but better hilites:

2001 Fiesta Bowl #5 Oregon State vs #10 Notre Dame No Huddle - YouTube
Too cool for school. Better watch out, though. Jimbob might become a Beaver fan! With all this Browns dust on me, I might bring a curse! 👀

·
Premium Member
16,190 Posts
No worries...The meager Beavers have been cursed...many times. Kind of hard to explain to a midwesterner, the difference between the U of O Ducks and the OSU Beavers. Oregon State Beavers...derisively known as a "cow college"...the blue collar state school. Where the working and middle class kids went to college, those who could afford it. The U of O, the Ducks, the "Country Club" school. The elites of business & politics, & the professionals sent their upper class kids there. This has been the tradition for as long as I can remember. The divide got even stronger once Phil Knight, a U of O grad, began pouring all the NIKE money & resources into the Ducks...

Of course, these lines have become blurred in today's "woke" Oregon...but some of us old traditionalists remain.

So, traditionally in Oregon, you're either a Beavers or Ducks fan. Thus, my #1 favorite college team is the Beavers, and my #2 favorite team is whoever is playing against the Ducks. The Beavers the underfunded underdogs I root for, while the megafunded Ducks are the team I love to hate.

·
41,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,755 ·
Kind of the same deal with the Browns (and Mud Hens, for that matter). Working class fan base.

·
41,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,756 · (Edited)
Font Circle Event Automotive lighting Logo

It's been a while since we've witnessed skipping and prancing around a '50s car --- and who better to do the skipping and prancing than our old friend, Charles Phoenix? Let's watch as he points out the "swoopy swoops" and other great features of this '58 Impala. know!

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
The 58 or JimBob???

• Haha
Reactions: pwd72s and Jimbob

·
41,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,759 · (Edited)
👆 The key word for cars of '58 was C-H-R-O-M-E! Indeed, it was these very cars that created the Great Chromium Shortage of 1958, which of course led to the Great Recession of 1958.

Oh, and I think Paul was referring to Charles. :ROFLMAO:

Disclaimer: The above has been determined to possibly be the work of a truck driver, thus subject to careful scrutiny, believability and trust.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1958 Buick Limited
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

TOKEN KUTIES!

Smile Swimsuit top Muscle Leg Brassiere

45741 - 45760 of 45821 Posts