Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
45761 - 45780 of 45821 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
41,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,761 ·
My dad would fire up the record player and play stuff like this one and my mom would just cringe. :ROFLMAO:

On the other hand, Mom would fire up that same record player and send Dad running out the door to find some work to do, playing this stuff...

Reactions: pwd72s

·
Premium Member
16,190 Posts
Of course, the Buick had more chrome than the Chevy...the way to tell it cost more, giving the owner more status...the thinking of the day. "What's good for GM is good for the country."...

The kuties? All look like they might put an old guy in the jailhouse. "You're 16, you're beautiful and...I'm in the jailhouse now." :sick:

·
Premium Member
2008 DHG #3122
435 Posts
Krista IS a nurse, Jimbob...a "PA" (Physician's assistant) is an RN with advanced credentials, allowing her to take over many MD functions like minor surgery, write prescriptions, give exams, etc.
A nurse goes to nursing school (which may be a two or four year degree) while a physician assistant goes to physician assistant school (four year degree). Taint the same at all. Krista has double degrees.

·
41,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,764 · (Edited)
A nurse goes to nursing school (which may be a two or four year degree) while a physician assistant goes to physician assistant school (four year degree). Taint the same at all. Krista has double degrees.
Hold the phone. No one said a 2-year nursing degree was the same as a Physician Assistant. And no one said a 4-year RN was the same as a PA. Where did you get that idea? And Krista was a PA. Period. Not an RN. No double nothing. Capice?

(Edit) My bad. I see that I had mistakingly called Krista a "nurse." I researched the PA thing and learned all about it. If she had indeed been a "nurse," then you'd be right. She'd have 2 degrees. My apologies. But, the one thing I'm 100-percent sure of --- she WAS cute. And bubbly. :)

·
Premium Member
16,190 Posts
So, the exasperated coach said to the right tackle; "Fred, I don't know whether you're ignorant or apatetic."

Fred said; "I don't know and I don't care."

(edit) Here we go...Captain America Shane Van Boening against Russian Commie Fedor Gorst in a race to 9...9 ball. Actually, by all accounts, Fedor is a nice kid who just wants to play pool.
Is pool a game or a sport? At this level, very much a sport...

9-BALL: FEDOR GORST VS SHANE VAN BOENING - 2022 DERBY CITY CLASSIC - YouTube

·
41,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,766 · (Edited)
But, how do they come up with these "poker tournaments" on cable TV and call them "sports?" That one defies logic!

·
41,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,767 · (Edited)
Best full-size Chevy ever made?

Best Chevy ever made? The 1970? Gee, I owned one once. I needed a "go-to-work" car when I lived out in St. Louis and this old guy who lived nearby had a '70 Biscayne that was in fantastic shape. Clean as a whistle, interior perfect... but the guy had really gone conservative. No radio, no power steering, 6-banger... But hey, once I moved back to Ohio, I would have guys walking up while I was gassing up to compliment it. But "best Chevy ever made?" That notion never entered my mind. But this guy seems to think it is. His is a top-of-the-line Caprice with a big block 454, so... that would be a horse of a different color. Let's take a look at it, shall we...

This was pretty much mine, though mine was all gold (no white top) and was a post sedan...
Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Plant

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BONUS KUTIE!

Hair Joint Smile Shorts Shoulder

·
Premium Member
16,190 Posts
But, how do they come up with these "poker tournaments" on cable TV and call them "sports?" That one defies logic!
Gotta agree with you there...but the amount of $$$ on the table draws the viewership. Poker might be as much a sport as chess. Mental, but zilch physically. Pool, although these guys make it look easy, is very much physical. The top guys are controlling the cue ball through precise application of force, creating not just where that ball goes but where it ends up after the shot. This requires every bit the thought and thinking power of chess, the planning of many shots ahead, but the physical ability to deliver that precise force. In a tournament setting, this is grueling mentally and physically. Matches begin early in the morning, and finish late at night..12-14 hours of walking around the table for days on end, every shot demanding total concentration. It's an endurance sport...the above match took about 1 1/2 hours...now imagine doing 6 of those per day, over a five to seven day period.

Actually, your post would have made a better car for the drags, being a post. Lighter than a hardtop. Of course, it could have used a few changes...;)

God bless your kuties...they're forever young while we became old and... Well, father time is a cruel bastid.

·
41,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,774 · (Edited)
So Jimbob, the reality of your red eye is that the #1 cause of such is straining too hard while riding the porcelain throne....

So...given many have accused you over the years of being full of s***.......
.......Well.......
You just gone and done proved 'em right!!

LOL
That's a great theory you've got there. However, it is wrong. I don't strain on the throne. Never have. As for "full of ship," well, I am a former truck driver and I'm sure you know the difference between truck driver boots and cowboy boots. :ROFLMAO:

Jeans Shoe Leg Road surface People in nature

Leg People in nature Plant Grass Denim

Food Ingredient Recipe Dish Poster

·
Premium Member
16,190 Posts
Thanks for the laughs, guys. I needed that. Today, Cindy talked me into going to a local dive and spend some quarters on a pool table...to test my new post surgery eyes. Well, I understand a once valuable custom cue can also serve as a very pretty tomato stake. :cry: It just became pretty worthless to me...

·
Premium Member
13,076 Posts
Well dang Paul, that's just a sad story right there! Sorry to hear that. It just sucks getting old!!!
You and your eyeballs, Jim and his heart and poop straining issues, and no sooner am I on Medicare I'm finding out my aches & pains are collapsed discs in my back and neck....

But, all better than the worst alternative!!!!!

Send in the dancing girls!!!!

·
41,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,777 ·
Thanks for the laughs, guys. I needed that. Today, Cindy talked me into going to a local dive and spend some quarters on a pool table...to test my new post surgery eyes. Well, I understand a once valuable custom cue can also serve as a very pretty tomato stake. :cry: It just became pretty worthless to me...
Let not your heart be troubled. You will always have the memories of the day you made Minnesota Fats look like a little girl in a tutu!

Shoe Leg Waist Athletic dance move Gesture

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Yep...old age ain't fun. But as a wise woman once told me: "Don't worry about old age. It doesn't last long." :ROFLMAO:

(edit) HOOT! I actually saw a guy play a tournament wearing a tutu...paying off a bet. Be careful what you bet...
I guess we've all complained at one time or another about being old, but putting it in perspective, at least we've gotten that far when so many others don't. Simply put, I'd rather be old and on this side of the dirt than the alternative.🙂

·
41,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,780 ·
Bad scene...

Word is that a car cut this driver off and he swerved to avoid it. And just like that this 71-year old driver is on THAT side of the dirt. Very sad.

45761 - 45780 of 45821 Posts