Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
45781 - 45800 of 45821 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
41,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,783 · (Edited)
wow...poor bastid didn't even have time to holler "Oh Sheet!". Yes, we never know. It can be lights out in any second.
What I want to know is what language is it that describes the crash as, " My lat turn green, goes a' lye boom --- an' de truck jus' came over de overpass hit de ground went up into flames." Swalhili? Yoruba? Fula? Oromo? Hausa? Early Southern Plantation? Boy in da hood? What language?

Jeans Leg Sleeve Waist Thigh
Plant Gesture Grass Leisure Adaptation

• Haha
Reactions: pwd72s

·
41,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,784 · (Edited)
Browns make Pittsburg eat dirt!

Sports uniform Helmet Football equipment Sports gear Football helmet

Sports uniform Football equipment Sports gear Football helmet Sports jersey

Okay, I'll admit that I got butterflies in my stomach when Cade York's extra point kick bounced off the upright. Visions of last week's lost extra point losing the game for us came roaring back. But, when Kareem Hunt and "human-bulldozer" Nick Chubb started eating Pittsburg for lunch, I relaxed. But, when Pittsburg came close late in the game, the butterflies returned. But this time the football gods rolled with the Browns instead of against them. This time we won (and put a chunk under it with a game-ending TD off a fumble into the end zone, scored by cornerback Denzel Ward). Final score, 29-17 Browns. Badda bing, badda boom! Go Browns!

Story at: Nick Chubb runs through Steelers' defense as Browns wipe out division rival

Full highlights...

Smile Shoe Baby & toddler clothing Happy Toddler

·
Premium Member
16,190 Posts
What language you ask? Haven't you seen Airplane?
I Speak Jive - Airplane! (5/10) Movie CLIP (1980) HD - YouTube

Glad your Browns are making you happy. Tomorrow, the USC Trojans, ranked #7, will be coming to the small college town of Corvallis, Oregon. The Beavers are preparing as best they can...but I'm afraid the Trojans defense will be doing some penetration...of the Beavers offensive line. And the Trojans offense? They will probably just have their way with the Beavers...who will quickly surrender by going into a swoon.

·
41,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,786 ·
Speaking of "Airplane..."

Oh, and Paul, I never said anything about the Browns making me "happy." At this point they are being "tolerated," but are very much still on probation. Next step up from here would be "mildly pleased." I've finally learned to not go overboard with the "giddyness."

• Haha

·
41,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,788 ·
So..the honeymoon is over? Hey, you'll love it when the Browns win the superbowl...
Browns in the Superbowl? Or is it Super Bowl? Hmmm... Anyway, that's about as funny as a screen door on a submarine.

(edit) Okay, I looked it up. All sources say "Super Bowl" is the correct spelling and arrangement.

·
Premium Member
16,190 Posts
Okay, Super bowl it is. C'mon, you can fess up...for the Browns to win it is your dream...yours and a few hundred thousand other Cleveland fans, that is. Maybe they will someday...and it's perfectly fine to root for the underdog.

Alas, perhaps this Keith McCready (playing "Grady Seasons") line in the color of money sums it up well...dreams can become:

The Color of Money - "It's like a nightmare, isn't it?" - YouTube

In real life, Keith was a hellofa player..here's a fuzzy video of him playing in the '93 L.A. open vs. Mike "Captn' Hook) Sigel. Do NOT try to emulate Keith's weird sidearm stroke...it's a left over from when he was too short to lean over the table... I just found this. Fuzzy focus and all, think I'll go watch. Sigel was the best in the USA back then....

1993 LA Open Keith McCready vs Mike Sigel Part 1 of 4 - YouTube

·
41,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,790 · (Edited)
Okay, Super bowl it is. C'mon, you can fess up...for the Browns to win it is your dream...yours and a few hundred thousand other Cleveland fans, that is. Maybe they will someday...and it's perfectly fine to root for the underdog.

Alas, perhaps this Keith McCready (playing "Grady Seasons") line in the color of money sums it up well...dreams can become:

The Color of Money - "It's like a nightmare, isn't it?" - YouTube

In real life, Keith was a hellofa player..here's a fuzzy video of him playing in the '93 L.A. open vs. Mike "Captn' Hook) Sigel. Do NOT try to emulate Keith's weird sidearm stroke...it's a left over from when he was too short to lean over the table... I just found this. Fuzzy focus and all, think I'll go watch. Sigel was the best in the USA back then....

1993 LA Open Keith McCready vs Mike Sigel Part 1 of 4 - YouTube
I dunno. While the Browns have dillied and dallied and run thought 32 quarterbacks and an untold number of players that were hyped to be the greatest thing since the beginning of football, then fell flat, that Pittsburg team we just played calmly went to 6 Super Bowls and won them all. So there's that. The Browns have always been famous for making completely boneheaded moves. Like our current suspended quarterback, DeShaun "Grabby Hands" Watson, for example. And my personal favorite was when they passed on drafting Ben Roethlisberger and instead drafted Kellen Winslow Jr. I guess they were dazzled by the name, but believe me, this guy was NOT his dad. In fact, the first thing he did after being drafted was hop on a motorcycle and pretend he was Evel Knievel. His crash put him out of commission for the entire first season. And, when he finally did improve enough to play he sucked canal water all the way from Cleveland to Toledo! And Big Ben? Oh, he went on to win a lot of those Super Bowls I mentioned. Hey, it's what the Browns do.

Yes, it would be nice for the Browns to be in a Super Bowl. But, even if they did make it to the big dance, I'm confident they'd slip and fall onto the dance floor, fanny first. The Super Bowl is a pipe dream. Here in Cleveland, what happened Thursday night is "our Super Bowl." Yep, beating the Steel City Scumbags. That brings all the joy of a Super Bowl here. They hate us. We hate them. It's all in good fun, though. Take, for instance, the trailer that arrived at our terminal on the night before our final game with Pittsburg one year. When the dock man raised the trailer's roll door, out popped hundreds of helium-filled Steeler balloons. The entire trailer was FILLED with them! :ROFLMAO:

Sports equipment Font Ball Symbol Emblem

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Font Gas Cylinder

Sleeve Font Symbol Emblem Electric blue
Jaw Font Sharing News Event

• Haha

·
Premium Member
16,190 Posts
Ahhh, but coming from a state that has no pro football team...the superbowl for all time? Joe Willie...with the Jets being heavy-heavy underdogs, telling the world; "We're going to win...I guarantee it." Everybody laughed...until...
Ahhh, Glory days.

Sent this to you email..but hell, maybe it's fitting here? File under "Be careful what you wish for." The guy had flown from the USA to France to buy his dream car...and...
Ferrari F355 Fire Burns down during test ride - YouTube

Hang in there Jimbob..The Browns shall rise! Uh, someday, maybe. But until then, the long suffering fans take some kind of masochistic pleasure in their misery, right? ;)

·
Premium Member
16,190 Posts

·
41,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,793 ·
Well, while we're waiting. Not unexpectedly, the Beavers lost and the Ducks won. But I was surprised. Either the Beavers are a lot better than I thought or the Trojans #7 ranking was a bunch of barnyard caca. It was a very close game. A thriller in Corn Valley.
USC football beats Oregon State 17-14: Live updates recap, highlights from Pac-12 showdown in Corvallis - Sports Illustrated USC Trojans News, Analysis and More
Well, the Beavers are what they are. Hey, I remember things being so bleak here in Cleveland that people actually cheered when they made a first down! Well, some cheered. Others actually wore paper sacks over their heads.

Community Youth Event Wood Jersey

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
Titans STUNK a win out today 🫣

• Love
Reactions: Jimbob and pwd72s

·
41,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,797 · (Edited)
Well, there's a reason the Browns don't have cheerleaders. Simply put, it would be inhumane to parade those poor little things out onto a frozen solid football field, with the icy wind dancing dervishes as snow blankets the field and ice stings your face. No, the Browns just don't have the heart to do that to those tender young bodies. There are other good reasons, too. This vid will explain it better...

• Haha

·
41,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45,798 ·
Ee-gads!

So, if you think traffic was much easier and lighter back in the 50s and 60s, you obviously weren't having to drive around in Los Angeles. This will make your head swim!

·
Premium Member
16,190 Posts
Jimbob is turning me into a country fan..But the Browns? Well, that'll take some kind of doing...or major bribery...that might work. But yeah, lots of good guitar pickers into country music. Vince Gill one of 'em...

45781 - 45800 of 45821 Posts