Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
46301 - 46320 of 46854 Posts

· Lifetime Supporting Member
41,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,301 · (Edited)
What??? You’re not gonna post the song about the Hot Rod Lincoln???
Be my guest. I'm tired, my back hurts and I'll be danged if I'm going back out there and turning that infernal machine on again. It needs rest, I need rest and it will just have to wait until tomorrow. Good night.

UPDATE: Okay, you win. I had to get up for a p-run anyway, so I stuck your song on the thread.

· Premium Member
16,572 Posts
R.I.P. commander Cody...

Thinking about it, a '54 Lincoln would indeed have made a good "tanker" for those moonshine boys. Really did dig the cars in that movie...period correct, as they say. They also gave the tobacco companies a shot in the arm, product placement wise. Everybody lighting up..

Well, not quite period correct..start of the movie said 1957. I could be wrong, but kinda doubt Ford made a 460 then.

#3...yes, #3.

To the song. I'm sure the Commander Cody version sold more copies, but I always preferred this version:

· Premium Member
6,411 Posts
R.I.P. commander Cody...

Thinking about it, a '54 Lincoln would indeed have made a good "tanker" for those moonshine boys. Really did dig the cars in that movie...period correct, as they say. They also gave the tobacco companies a shot in the arm, product placement wise. Everybody lighting up..

Well, not quite period correct..start of the movie said 1957. I could be wrong, but kinda doubt Ford made a 460 then.

#3...yes, #3.

To the song. I'm sure the Commander Cody version sold more copies, but I always preferred this version:

That’s the rendition I remember too.

Reactions: pwd72s and Jimbob

41,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,306 · (Edited)
HA! As soon as they took off on "Route 66" I just KNEW that they had to have done the golden oldie swing tune, "House of Blue Lights." Sure 'nuff, they have...

But it was this version (from 1955) by Chuck Miller that I remember best. We had it on an old 78 rpm record and we wore that sucker out! Here's exactly what we would sit and listen to...

But the very first release of this song goes all the way back to 1945, sung by Ella Mae Morse...

· Premium Member
16,572 Posts
The era matters little...right there..."getcha jumpin'" music. Love it!

Well, the Beavers manhandled the Arizona Sun Devils. 31-7. Coulda been worse..Beavers obviously under orders to not score once they go into the red zone on that final drive.

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry when one of the announcers talked about the Ducks being next up for the Beavers.
Said it was a great rivalry, but that his shock collar would go off it he called the game what it's been called for years because he can't say it on the air in today's times.

WHAT? It's always been called "The civil war game" for as far back as I can remember... This "woke" krap sucks!

If I had to bet, my $ would be on the Ducks. But I'm not betting, so "Go Beavers!". The Beavers look like they have a better shot this year than they have for many years. An 8 wins season is pretty lofty for them.

41,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,310 ·
LOL! Holy cow! That one in the middle looks so much like my old lost love, "Pat," it makes me shiver! 👀
Footwear Sleeve Plant Gesture Collar

41,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,312 · (Edited)
Commercial Break...

Original Ad, 1971...

Then in 1986, an older Mikey appeared (now a college student)...

In 1999, Life tried it again with a full-grown "Mikey." Trouble was, it wasn't the real Mikey. It was a paid actor. A sham!

All you'll ever need to know about "Mikey" at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Mikey

41,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,314 ·
Browns play the Bills today (in Detroit no less) and I can hardly wait. The two teams have polar opposite win-loss records. Bills are 6-3 and the Browns are 3-6. Should be fun to watch. I can see the bumbling, stumbling and fumbling now. My final score prediction is Bills 36 Browns 17. Hey, I'm a masochist. You have to be to be a Browns fan!

Reactions: pwd72s

· Premium Member
16,572 Posts
Browns play the Bills today (in Detroit no less) and I can hardly wait. The two teams have polar opposite win-loss records. Bills are 6-3 and the Browns are 3-6. Should be fun to watch. I can see the bumbling, stumbling and fumbling now. My final score prediction is Bills 36 Browns 17. Hey, I'm a masochist. You have to be to be a Browns fan!
The long suffering Beavers fans understand completely...next week, the 8-3 Beavers play the 9-2 Ducks...as the saying goes, it's okay to root for the underdog, but it's not the way to bet. So....Go Browns! Go Beavers!

Oh, that's overall win-loss stats...In conference play? Ducks 7-1, Beavers 5-3...probably a more accurate way to guess next week's outcome.

· Premium Member
16,572 Posts

41,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,318 ·
For Jimbob's eyes only..;) Hey, the Browns at least beat your prediction, right?
31-23. Browns had 16 pts. before Peoples-Jones had to go and show off for his mommy in the stands late in the game and make that impossible catch in the end zone. If not for that, my prediction was dang close!

P.S. Thank you for the delicious eye candy! (Other than the Tramp Stamp, she was nice).

41,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,320 · (Edited)
Ethyl Miller's car...

Apparently being Sheriff of Knob Lick, Tennessee pays pretty good money, because it seems the good Sheriff bought his lovely wife a '53 Buick Skylark convertible and those suckers didn't grow on trees! Buyers had to shell out from $4,500 to $5,000 smackaroos for one and that wasn't hay back in the day. They were marketed as a "sports car," if you can imagine such a thing. A sports car that weighed in at nearly 2 1/2-tons? Oh, but it looked like the show car! And it sat low to the ground! And what about those sporty wire wheels! Huh? What about those? Yes, words like these probably popped out the mouths of those silly enough to have believed it. And foolish enough to dump a King's ransom for one. But hey, whatever floats your boat. And speaking of boats, here's today's...

RANDOM CLASSIC!

1953 Buick Skylark convertible A Look Back At The 1953 Buick Skylark and 1953 Buick Skylark History by Dan Jedlicka and Detailed specs review of 1953 Buick Series 70 Skylark Dynaflow offered since December 1952 for North America U.S.
Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

Vehicle Car Hood Steering wheel Motor vehicle

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

322 cu. in. "Fireball" High Compression V-8, 188 h.p.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Personal luxury car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive parking light

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Hood

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KLASSIC KUTIES!

Flower Plant Sky Photograph Ecoregion

Flower Plant Photograph Facial expression Green

Hair Flower Plant Facial expression People in nature

Hair Head Lip Plant Hairstyle

Face Hair Flower Head Plant

Reactions: pwd72s
46301 - 46320 of 46854 Posts