Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
46361 - 46380 of 46460 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,382 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving Bullittheads!!🙏

·
Car Whisperer
21,763 Posts
DITTO!!! all!!!

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
41,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,367 · (Edited)
How cool is THAT! I first saw Rick Derringer and the McCoys perform at LeSourdsville Lake Amusement Park Dance Pavilion one Sat. night in 1965. Cool to learn who that tintillating blond was, after panting over her all these years! :p

(BTW, there were lots of "Lisas" on the dance floor, as I recall. Ah, the good ol' days!)

·
41,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,368 · (Edited)
Ohio State's marching band worked up a halftime routine of "Hang on Sloopy" back in 1965. It is still played at halftime at every home game! How about them apples? Some clown forgot to turn the mike up, but they muddled through it. I don't think Rick Derringer was thrilled about it. After they sung he told the reporter holding a mike to his face, "You might not ever see that again. One time --- that was it!" Hmmm...

"Their best-known hit is 'Hang On Sloopy', which was #1 in the U.S. in the Billboard Hot 100 chart in October 1965 and is the official rock song of the state of Ohio. It also is the unofficial fight song of the Ohio State University Buckeyes and is played at many Ohio State athletic events by the OSU bands." --Wikipedia

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
Even my old ears can see why Rick was upset.. But then, let's face it . Stadium acoustics are terrible for music.

"Big Game" being touted for Saturday. Ohio State vs. Michigan. Uh, I'll be watching The Civil War instead...Go Beavers! Beat the Ducks!

Jimbob, may the Browns win over Tom Brady come Sunday...:)

We'll always love Lisa, right?

·
41,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,370 ·
Be still, my heart!

Holy cow! I put a comment on Lisa Dalton's YouTube Channel and didn't expect she'd answer back. But, boy was I wrong! She gave me a great reply! My heart, oh my heart! Be still! :ROFLMAO:

Jeans Screenshot Font Plant Advertising

BTW, Yes, acoustics in a ballpark are lousy, but that was mainly the fault of the equipment men who forgot to turn up his microphone.

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
Of course, Lisa answered you. I mean, most 75 year old grandmas are nice, aren't they?

How cool is that? Playing your number one hit with Ringo on the drums? I guess it's safe to assume Ringo is on a few more number one hits than Rick?

Nobody understands the lyrics to Oregon's official state rock song...so we don't try. That would be the Kingsmen...Louie-Louie. :ROFLMAO:

·
41,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,374 · (Edited)
Well, the one I've shared a home with for 34 years sure is nice.

Yeah, the Beatles had a slew of hits. But wouldn't it be cool to be in garage band from the Midwest that made it onto the charts and top them for a fleeting moment. Man, you'd be on top of the world. I kind of got a glimpse of what that must be like. Our band booked a gig at a great big country nightclub way out east of Cleveland and the local radio station (WKKY) had been playing our original tune, "Cool Spring Water" on the air to promote the "one-night only" performance. Holy cow! When we broke into that song the place went crazy! Stetson hats flying into the air. Hoops and hollers like you have never heard. I tell ya, goosebumps raised up on my arms! But, I'd bet that after the newness of it went away, it would eventually become "old hat." New things always do. Like my Mustang Bullitt, for example. But it was cool to have the experience.

That figures. A "dirty" song that nearly got taken off the air. It's high time you got educated. After you view this you'll be the only guy in Oregon that knows both the "dirty" and the "true" lyrics! The "dirty" ones (from the FBI's own files) is first and the "true" lyrics come second. Funny, but when you read along as you listen, both versions seem "right." ( I wonder if the Kingsmen planned it that way?) Hmmm...

Man, the FBI was really out to get the Kingsmen! Here's the actual FBI file on it. They all swore it was "obscene!"

Link: Louie Louie (The Song) (You have to scroll way down to finally find the various agents' "interpretations."

I think the whole thing was like "seeing things in cloud formations." Anyway, if it was dirty, the Kingsmen got away with it. :LOL:

·
41,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,375 · (Edited)
Great '60s car!

Nothing much to say about the 1967 Ford Fairlane GT that hasn't been said already. No doubt the '66 and '67 Fairlanes were some of the finest looking Fairlanes that Ford ever built. Born at a time when "muscle" was in full swing, Ford offered its big block 390 with one or two 4-barrel carbs and to go to even greater heights it threw in its big 427 Cobra powerplant. Most were 2-door hardtops, but a 4-door sedan and a station wagon were offered for the old and "not cool" folks. And for the "Jimbob's," well, they had the GT convertible which, coincidentally, happens to be today's...

RANDOM CLASSIC!

1967 Ford Fairlane GT 2-door convertible 1967 Ford Fairlane - conceptcarz.com and https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/1967-Ford-Fairlane.pdf and 1967 Ford (USA) Fairlane GT Convertible full range specs
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Window

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Steering wheel

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Automotive design

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

390 cu. in. "Thunderbird" V-8, 274 h.p.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Hood

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood

Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Tire Grille

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KLASSIC KUTIES!

Hairstyle People in nature Flash photography Plant Bedrock

Hair Head Eye Smile Leg

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Leg Flash photography Bedrock Thigh People in nature

People in nature Flash photography Brassiere Swimwear Thigh

Cloud People in nature Plant Flash photography Dress

BONUS KUTIES! (Special Holiday Pack!)

Hair Leg People in nature Flash photography Human body

Water Sky Leg Flash photography Happy

Water Swimsuit top Muscle Leg Brassiere

Photograph Nature Organism Working animal Dairy cow

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Great '60s car!

Nothing much to say about the 1967 Ford Fairlane GT that hasn't been said already. No doubt the '66 and '67 Fairlanes were some of the finest looking Fairlanes that Ford ever built. Born at a time when "muscle" was in full swing, Ford offered its big block 390 with one or two 4-barrel carbs and to go to even greater heights it threw in its big 427 Cobra powerplant. Most were 2-door hardtops, but a 4-door sedan and a station wagon were offered for the old and "not cool" folks. And for the "Jimbob's," well, they had the GT convertible which, coincidentally, happens to be today's...

RANDOM CLASSIC!

1967 Ford Fairlane GT 2-door convertible 1967 Ford Fairlane - conceptcarz.com and https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/1967-Ford-Fairlane.pdf and 1967 Ford (USA) Fairlane GT Convertible full range specs
View attachment 90840

View attachment 90842

View attachment 90843

View attachment 90844

View attachment 90845

View attachment 90846

View attachment 90847

View attachment 90848

390 cu. in. "Thunderbird" V-8, 274 h.p.
View attachment 90849

View attachment 90850

View attachment 90851

View attachment 90852

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KLASSIC KUTIES!

View attachment 90853

View attachment 90854

View attachment 90856

View attachment 90855

View attachment 90857

BONUS KUTIES! (Special Holiday Pack!)

View attachment 90858

View attachment 90860

View attachment 90861

View attachment 90859
I always have mine served "on the rocks"!;)

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
LOL! Of course, Louie-Louie is "dirty"...just ask anybody back when it came out. We "knew" it was dirty, although there were many versions of the dirty lyrics. Hell, just ask the FBI...they invented some as well. :ROFLMAO:

The true story, as told by the lead singer Jack Ely? Pretty boring...the song was done in one take in a not so well designed recording studio in Portland. The mic was high up, mounted near the ceiling. Jack had to almost shout the words upward for them to be registered. Also, he'd just gone through a painful braces readjustment and his mouth and tongue were sore, so he slurred words. So, not dirty..

Except...all of us knew it was because we wanted it so.

From Wikipedia:
"For "Louie Louie", the only vocal number, Ely was forced to lean back and sing to a microphone suspended from the ceiling. "It was more yelling than singing", Ely said, "'cause I was trying to be heard over all the instruments."[11] In addition, he was wearing braces at the time of the performance, further compounding his infamously slurred words.[14] Ely sang the beginning of the third verse two bars too early but realized his mistake and waited for the rest of the band to catch up. The Kingsmen were not proud of the recording and wanted to fix their mistakes, but Chase liked the energy and rawness[15] and assured them that the demo version could be redone before a record was released.[16] The one hour session cost either $36,[17] $50,[15] or somewhere in between [18] and the band split the cost."

Jimbob...you had that glimpse...many other bands never did. It's good you'll always have that enjoyable memory. :)

The Fairlane and Kuties? All cute. Think you saved the best for last...

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
Well, I definitely agree that the Edsel was one of the most unique cars in automotive history. Nice of him to call the grille a "horsecollar"...not what I recall it being called. Anyway, he did a good job of trying to convince us that it was a "cool" car.

Well....to each his own.

Hope dashed...Ducks killing the Beavers, halfway through the 3rd quarter. I quit watching. No, not surprised...but will admit, I did have some hope. Maybe next year...

Jimbob, may the Browns give you some cheer tomorrow...

(edit!) Ho-lee She-it! Beavers were down 31-10 when I quit watching. Sure glad I went back for much of the 4th quarter. Final: Ducks 34-Beavers 48. What a finish!

46361 - 46380 of 46460 Posts