Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
46381 - 46400 of 46854 Posts

· Lifetime Supporting Member
41,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,381 ·
Well, I definitely agree that the Edsel was one of the most unique cars in automotive history. Nice of him to call the grille a "horsecollar"...not what I recall it being called. Anyway, he did a good job of trying to convince us that it was a "cool" car.

Well....to each his own.

Hope dashed...Ducks killing the Beavers, halfway through the 3rd quarter. I quit watching. No, not surprised...but will admit, I did have some hope. Maybe next year...

Jimbob, may the Browns give you some cheer tomorrow...

(edit!) Ho-lee She-it! Beavers were down 31-10 when I quit watching. Sure glad I went back for much of the 4th quarter. Final: Ducks 34-Beavers 48. What a finish!
Can you imagine being a salesmen back then and suddenly they decide to switch to Edsel? That must've been fun, trying to convince yourself and then a customer that it was a "really fine car and you should buy it?"

All hope is lost for the season with the Browns. Now there's rumors flying that our NFL leading pass rusher, Myles Garrett has said he'd like to leave the Browns. Never fails. We get some top talent, they play a couple seasons with the Browns and then beg to jump ship. Browns will trade him. They'll see dollar signs. What needs to happen a total boycott of that team. Let 'em play to an empty stadium and see how long they keep "sucking." But, it'll never happen.

Sorry about the Beavers.

· Premium Member
16,572 Posts
Read my edit...Beavers were down 31-10 when I quit watching. Glad I went back to catch most of the 4th quarter. No more interceptions by the Beavers QB. Why not? Because it was "Okay Ducks, were going to run the ball...try to stop it."
Ducks couldn't. Rag-tag bunch from the small town school flat took it to the high priced talent of the University of Nike with old fashioned smash mouth football. A Civil War win doesn't happen often for the Beavers, but sure is sweet when it happens.

Warning: Stay out of Corvallis, Oregon tonight. It's going to get drunk out...

· Registered
589 Posts
Paul, congratulations to you and your pesky bunch of Beavers!

Here in Kansas, we have the Sunflower Showdown between them preppy boys from the University of Kansas and them Wildcats from Kansas State. Looks like KSU is holding their own tonight in the 3rd quarter! I always appreciate a good KU thumpin’!

· Premium Member
16,572 Posts
Jimbob, you, Jerry and I all touched on the difference between the pro game and the college game. Miles Garrett wanting to leave the Browns...yep, it's the money. That's the pros. The college game is much more pure emotion, the players and fans.

Here you go..full game highlights, Beavers-Ducks...maybe hard to pick up on video...but the emotion...hell you can feel it here. Well, maybe you can feel it. (edit) Jimbob, if you bother to watch..note...not one pass play by the Beavers in the 4th quarter. Did it all on the ground.

41,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,385 · (Edited)
Read my edit...Beavers were down 31-10 when I quit watching. Glad I went back to catch most of the 4th quarter. No more interceptions by the Beavers QB. Why not? Because it was "Okay Ducks, were going to run the ball...try to stop it."
Ducks couldn't. Rag-tag bunch from the small town school flat took it to the high priced talent of the University of Nike with old fashioned smash mouth football. A Civil War win doesn't happen often for the Beavers, but sure is sweet when it happens.

Warning: Stay out of Corvallis, Oregon tonight. It's going to get drunk out...
Shh-ee-it, with whipped cream and a cherry on top! I hadn't seen your edit and thought the Beavers has lost! CONGRATS! If I were there I'd give you a laurel and hearty hand shake! Instead, please accept this small token...

Orange Font Art Signage Graphics

Leg Cheerleading uniform Dance Thigh Grass

That game just proved the old adage: "It ain't over 'til it's over!" I love a Cinderella finish like that! Beavers have a darn good team, if you ask me.

BTW, orange and black was old Loveland High School's colors. My bro' went there through 8th grade, but then we moved to Fields-Ertel and he had to finish up at Kings Mills High. I went to KIngs through 8th grade and then we moved into dad's dream home and I had to go through high school at Little Miami High in Morrow, Ohio. So, we were sort of like "Army brats."

Photograph Nature Organism Working animal Dairy cow

• Love
Reactions: pwd72s

41,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,386 · (Edited)
1967 Mustang Saved From the Swamp!

Gesture Font Happy Art Poster

It sat in the woods near a swamp for 28 years. But Motor Trend's Derek Bieri and some friends towed it home and gave it a new lease on life. Not a total "rotisserie" restoration, but good enough to make it a fun car that you can just drive. But, it was still a ton of work!

· Premium Member
6,411 Posts
He must have passed out PAUL!!! May need oxygen to revive him after the “Miracle” today

41,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,390 · (Edited)
Jimbob probably fainted on his couch. It's a rare Sunday I can watch the Browns here on the West coast, but today I could. So..I'll leave any game comments to our guy in Cleveland.
Actually, I was lying back in bed. So I didn't have far to fall, being in the prone position already. I almost passed out a few times in the OT period. And then, a miracle from God descended on Cleveland Stadium and they pulled it off. All the players deserve a laurel and hardy handshake today! They played their butts off. Especially the defense! I love how Nick Chubb, fittingly, scored the winning touchdown in OT. Lord knows they were long overdue for a win. They'd just had 7 losses in a row! Glad you got to see my team in action. We both have something to celebrate this weekend. About time.

Sorry your Titans weren't able to stop Joe Burrow and his Bungles, Don. Tough loss! They're a better team than their record shows.

41,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,395 ·
Sports uniform Helmet Sports gear Football equipment Jersey

After a vicious second sack of Tom Brady, Myles Garrett shows he's a class act by helping Brady up off the turf.

• Haha

41,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,397 · (Edited)
Kindly of Miles...helping an old man to his feet. ;)

Deano...genuinely drunk...but funny. Foster Brooks fakes it..I believe this was the real thing.
The Bucs drafted that "old man" in 2020 and he took them from being Browns look-alikes to a Super Bowl LV victory, skunking the Kansas City Chiefs 31-9. He was 43 then and is 45 now. And still lighting up football fields. There's no doubt this "old man" is the greatest quarterback of all time. Myles helping him up was not only "kindly," it was downright respectful. I loved how the players from both sides smiled and hugged each other when the game was over. Comaraderie in action!

I have to agree with you. I think on Deano was 3 sheets to the wind on Carson's show. But, drunk or not, I loved his singing!

· Premium Member
16,572 Posts
Overheard in an Oregon sports bar:

Ducks fan: "Gawd, what an awful season. Only 9-3 and we lost to the Beavers."
Beavers fan: "Gawd what a great season! A winning 9-3 record and we beat the Ducks!"

Yep, it all depends on perspective and outlook.

Deano...many think he died of grief over his son's death. Definitely was a factor.

41,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,399 ·
Overheard in an Oregon sports bar:

Ducks fan: "Gawd, what an awful season. Only 9-3 and we lost to the Beavers."
Beavers fan: "Gawd what a great season! A winning 9-3 record and we beat the Ducks!"

Yep, it all depends on perspective and outlook.

Deano...many think he died of grief over his son's death. Definitely was a factor.
So, did the Beavers make it to any kind of playoffs? I don't know how it works out there. Michigan beat our Ohio State Buckeyes in the big dance. Boo! Hiss!

· Premium Member
16,572 Posts
Pac 12 Championship Game on Friday night between USC and Utah. Beavers win kept the Ducks out of that game. Winner of the Pac 12 championship gets the Rose Bowl. Maybe vs. Ohio State? Not sure... Nope, no playoffs for either the Beavers or the Ducks...just invites to one of the Bowl games..9-3? Maybe new year's day, but probably not...

46381 - 46400 of 46854 Posts