Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
46441 - 46460 of 46854 Posts

· Premium Member
16,572 Posts
LOL! "Football"...the Europeans have the gall to call soccer football.

Anyway, it's a tough row to hoe for the USA players to compete against the European elite in the Mosconi cup. Over there, training begins at an early age in Government sponsored academies. There is also a very strong "eurotour" 9 ball tour. Then there is the factor of the USA, one country, competing against all the European countries with more than double the population. Knowing all this doesn't keep me from rooting for the underdogs, though...

· Premium Member
6,411 Posts
Titans getting butts kicked today 🫣🫣

• Sad
Reactions: Jimbob and pwd72s

· Lifetime Supporting Member
41,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,443 · (Edited)
It was ugly, but thanks to the Browns' defense and special teams, we beat the Texans. Our new QB (Deshaun Watson) looked like you'd expect of any QB who hadn't played in two years. Rusty! Passes too low, interceptions, off target passes, fumbling the football. Hope the "rust" is shaken off soon or everyone will be crying for Bissett to come back! He'd better shape up quick. Next week is a division game with the Bengals. Here's the postgame summary...

Here's the full-game highlights...

But, for as bad as our offense was, the Texans were worse.

Reactions: pwd72s

· Premium Member
6,411 Posts
Congrats to the Browns.
Will be praying for next weeks Browns game to be over quick! Watched Bengals and Chiefs and it was a barn burner!!!

• Love
Reactions: pwd72s and Jimbob

41,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,447 · (Edited)
Congrats to the Browns.
Will be praying for next weeks Browns game to be over quick! Watched Bengals and Chiefs and it was a barn burner!!!
Yeah, and if you compare Joe Burrow's performance and result with our big, bad Deshaun Watson it's, well, just plain scary! 👀 On the other hand, Joe Burrow has NEVER beaten the Browns. Since he became the Bengal's QB, he's lost every game he's played against them. Of course, that was with differents QBs. Oh boy...

I think Watson will be all right once he gets his "sea legs" back, but until then it might be rough sailing. When you can whip Patrick Dehomme and his gang, you've got something to puff your chest out over! Which might be a good thing. They might be all puffed with pride and get blindsided by the Browns. Ya never know, ya know?

What's crazy is Watson was playing for the Texans and they knee-jerked when the news came of his "lady problem." Now they have the same longstanding "quarterback problem" as we've had. I feel for them.

Nose Cheek Beard Jaw Gesture

Check out these highlights of Watson when he played for the Texans... (He's "lights out!")

41,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,448 ·
Annie, get yer gun!

This incident with a 2-year-old and a wild coyote just happened Friday!

· Premium Member
6,411 Posts
And the 3 losses the Chiefs have had has been all Bengals this year

Reactions: Jimbob and pwd72s

· Premium Member
16,572 Posts
I recall the Bengals as the perennial losers...what the hell happened? See Jimbob? If the Bengals can do it...so can the Browns, right?

Saw that Coyote attack video. Scary...with "no shooting" laws, they lose all fear of man. More likely to see one in Portland and it's suburbs than in my area. Here, shooting vermin is perfectly legal...and done. Every year, flocks of sheep brought in to graze nearby fields...

Now..an interesting segment on "60 minutes" I never thought I'd see.

41,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,451 · (Edited)
I recall the Bengals as the perennial losers...what the hell happened? See Jimbob? If the Bengals can do it...so can the Browns, right?

Saw that Coyote attack video. Scary...with "no shooting" laws, they lose all fear of man. More likely to see one in Portland and it's suburbs than in my area. Here, shooting vermin is perfectly legal...and done. Every year, flocks of sheep brought in to graze nearby fields...

Now..an interesting segment on "60 minutes" I never thought I'd see.

Bengals are one up on us. Well, two. They went to the Super Bowl twice, back in the 80s. Super Bowl XVI (1981) and XXIII (1988). They played the San Francisco 49ers both times and came close in '88, losing on a last minute 49ers drive, 20-16. Boomer Esiason was no Joe Montana, apparently.

But yeah, maybe they'll make it one day. I figure I'll be watching the game through binoculars, from a balcony seat in some cloud. If I did live to see it happen, I'd probably drop dead of a heart attack at the news (so I'd still be up there with the binoculars).

Here's that magical 49ers Drive!

The last (and only) time the Browns won a big game was in 1964 at the NFL Championship game. The Super Bowl hadn't even been thought of yet. Here's a brief look at those Browns of old, facing off against the Baltimore Colts:

41,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,452 ·
And the 3 losses the Chiefs have had has been all Bengals this year
HOLD IT! JUST HOLD IT!
Hat Door Building Font Event

WEEK 3 vs. Indianapolis Colts -- LOSS / 20-17

WEEK 6 vs. Buffalo Bills -- LOSS / 24-20

Week 13 vs. Cincinnati Bengals -- LOSS / 27-24

Forehead Plant Smile Facial expression Dress shirt

· Premium Member
16,572 Posts
Sorry guys, just can't get into today's "woke" NFL. Cindy once lived in K City, so likes to watch the Chiefs. She had the Chiefs/Bengals on yesterday. I watched a bit, then went back to the 'puter and began surfing youtube.

Glad you're enjoying it, tho...

(edit) Just found out..I will be watching one more football game. Dec. 17th, ABC, 7:30 Eastern,
Las Vegas (toilet) bowl. Beavers vs. Gators. 1st bowl game for the Beavers since...gosh, I don't know when.

41,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,454 · (Edited)
IMHO, if you don't perk up to Joe Montana, you have no business rooting for any football team. In fact, you should be tarred, feathered and strung up on some goalpost. Well, okay that's a bit harsh. Maybe just use tar without the feathers.

Beard Art Event Precipitation Fun

:ROFLMAO:

Hey Paul, FYI: They stopped the "kneeling" BS some time ago. Just sayin'. They've all realized just how damn stupid it was.

· Premium Member
6,411 Posts
That’s what the common taters said yesterday after the game. Sorry Charlie. FAKE NEWS 🫣🫣

Reactions: Jimbob

· Premium Member
16,572 Posts
Hey, I'd still put Montana on a short list of greatest pro QB's...everybody remembers or has seen the video of "the catch".

Shane Van Boening on a similar list of pool players. Thought CBS did a good job...by not being one of their usual politically biased hatchet jobs. Shane overcame a lot to get to the top...could see the pain in his eyes as he described the school bullying he suffered as a deaf kid. Born 90% hearing impaired. In a different interview I watched he described how he was able to serve some cold revenge. Returning home after one of his US Open wins, he ran his car through the local car wash. Working there was one of his childhood bullies. Shane, with a bit of a smirk: "I tippped him 5 bucks."

Not that Shane hasn't done anything that is a pool equal to "the catch"...;)

41,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,458 ·
Hard for to comment on Shane. Don't know him, don't know the game.... It would be like Forrest Gump commenting on nuclear physics. Helluva player, though.

Montana? Definitely one of the greatest. But it will be Tom Brady that goes down in the history books as the G.O.A.T. But Montana and Rice were like Batman and Robin. A nearly unstoppable force!

· Premium Member
16,572 Posts
That's the beauty of GOAT lists...we can argue about 'em forever...;) Ali? Joe Lewis? That's one my dad & I differed on. Hey, how about Norm Vanbrocklin? Former Duck..not a bad NFL quarterback.

Sorry for the radio silence...got hooked on a money match stream. 10 ball...supposedly $40K to the winner...live from Griff's in Vegas. 2 games apart...26-24. Kinda like a field goal apart, middle of the 3rd if it were football. I'd give a link, but would put you to sleep..(edit) Kept me wide awake tho...it was a hill-hill thrillah!

46441 - 46460 of 46854 Posts