Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
46801 - 46820 of 46922 Posts

· Premium Member
6,417 Posts
The “SNOW-BOWL”🥶🥶🥶

· Lifetime Supporting Member
42,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,803 · (Edited)
Well, Sodbuster. Looks like "our" team didn't show up. But wait 'til next year! 😁

I don't know about you, but now I'm a Bengals fan. I don't like that "cocky" look Mahomes always has and I'd like to see Burrows and Co. wipe that smart aleck-looking grin off his face! (And pin him down and make him eat dirt!). So there!

· Premium Member
16,597 Posts
A LOT depends on if Mahomes ankle heals. If he's still gimpy? Easy-peasy for the Bengals.

But hey..how 'bout those 9ers? A seasoned veteran at QB...right? I mean, he now has seven whole NFL games under his belt. :rolleyes:

Far as predictions go...Jimbob 50% Yours truly and our farmer? Also 50%. I don't recommend any of us list "professional gambler" as something we want to be.

42,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,806 · (Edited)
A LOT depends on if Mahomes ankle heals. If he's still gimpy? Easy-peasy for the Bengals.

But hey..how 'bout those 9ers? A seasoned veteran at QB...right? I mean, he now has seven whole NFL games under his belt. :rolleyes:

Far as predictions go...Jimbob 50% Yours truly and our farmer? Also 50%. I don't recommend any of us list "professional gambler" as something we want to be.
Ankle schmankle. Consider this: "The Bengals defeated the Chiefs three times in the calendar year 2022 - including in last year's AFC title game in overtime, 27-24 - and have won four of the last five and seven of the last eight meetings overall between the two clubs." ---Google

I rest my case. Today made me a believer. The Bengals have become an elite team. They pretty much did anything they wanted today, vs. Buffalo. Yessir, and I'm the guy who always used to laugh and say, "Oh, the Cincinnati Bungles?" Yep, same guy.

You're spot on about the betting. (BTW, I was just joshing about my "$2,000 bet." )... :rolleyes:

Well, okay.... "lying."
Eye Vertebrate Cartoon Art Painting

42,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,808 · (Edited)
But aren't Browns fans supposed to despise the Bengals? Kinda like my delight that the Beavers beat the Ducks this year?

I'm easily confused...
Well, that whole fiasco is a bit convoluted and crazy. But bear with me.

First of all, Paul Brown formed the team in Cleveland in 1944. Paul Brown was the head coach of the team until 1963, when a dispute erupted between he and some of his players and coaches. They wanted more say in the calling of plays and he was strict and controlling and stubborn as a mule. He was Head Coach and General Manager of the team, by heck, and he had an ego the size of Texas to prove it. And hey, the team was named after him. But Art Modell owned the team. In 1963, in the midst of the termoil, Modell fired Paul Brown. In an "I'll show you" flurry of organizing and financing, in 1968 Brown brought the new Cincinnati Bengals into the NFL. To rub it in deeper, he vyed for and got his new team placed in the AFC North, along with the Browns. Even worse, he made his team colors orange and brown, same as the Browns. So, there was never any love lost after that. But wait, it gets better.

Modell turned out to be quite strict himself. And he was a "wheeler dealer." When he cried for the city to build him a new stadium for his Browns they proposed a complete "re-modeling" of the old Browns stadium. But, Modell insisted they had enough money and should build him a new stadium. When they declined, in 1996 he moved the team to Baltimore, 52 years after they had been formed. As you can imagine, the anger in Cleveland was at a fever pitch. One nearby car dealership placed "F**K MODELL!" in its showroom windows, in huge letters. But there was never bitterness with the old Browns players (Ravens). It was all aimed at Modell. There was one bright spot, however. In order to move the team to Baltimore, the NFL ruled that he must allow Cleveland to retain the name, team colors and all the team's records and history. For a price, of course. This forced Model to re-name his Baltimore team and forged a pathway for the "Browns" to eventually re-emerge in Cleveland. And so, in 1999 that happened. Art Lerner had bought the rights from Modell and financed and built that new stadium that Modell had wanted for free.

And thus. in 1999 began the agonizing history of the "new" Browns. Complete with "Red Right 88," "The Drive," "The Fumble" and a succession of 34 (count 'em) quarterbacks and a merry-go-round of new head coaches. And now, here we are. You are now well-versed in the history of the Browns. But remember, there might be a pop quiz! 👀

Plant Cemetery Flag Grass Tree

Nose Cheek Eyebrow Mouth Eyelash

42,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,810 ·
Not every day you hear a song about Halley's Comet. But then, it ain't every day it comes around...

Reactions: pwd72s

· Premium Member
852 Posts
Well, that whole fiasco is a bit convoluted and crazy. But bear with me.

First of all, Paul Brown formed the team in Cleveland in 1944. Paul Brown was the head coach of the team until 1963, when a dispute erupted between he and some of his players and coaches. They wanted more say in the calling of plays and he was strict and controlling and stubborn as a mule. He was Head Coach and General Manager of the team, by heck, and he had an ego the size of Texas to prove it. And hey, the team was named after him. But Art Modell owned the team. In 1963, in the midst of the termoil, Modell fired Paul Brown. In an "I'll show you" flurry of organizing and financing, in 1968 Brown brought the new Cincinnati Bengals into the NFL. To rub it in deeper, he vyed for and got his new team placed in the AFC North, along with the Browns. Even worse, he made his team colors orange and brown, same as the Browns. So, there was never any love lost after that. But wait, it gets better.

Modell turned out to be quite strict himself. And he was a "wheeler dealer." When he cried for the city to build him a new stadium for his Browns they proposed a complete "re-modeling" of the old Browns stadium. But, Modell insisted they had enough money and should build him a new stadium. When they declined, in 1996 he moved the team to Baltimore, 52 years after they had been formed. As you can imagine, the anger in Cleveland was at a fever pitch. One nearby car dealership placed "F**K MODELL!" in its showroom windows, in huge letters. But there was never bitterness with the old Browns players (Ravens). It was all aimed at Modell. There was one bright spot, however. In order to move the team to Baltimore, the NFL ruled that he must allow Cleveland to retain the name, team colors and all the team's records and history. For a price, of course. This forced Model to re-name his Baltimore team and forged a pathway for the "Browns" to eventually re-emerge in Cleveland. And so, in 1999 that happened. Art Lerner had bought the rights from Modell and financed and built that new stadium that Modell had wanted for free.

And thus. in 1999 began the agonizing history of the "new" Browns. Complete with "Red Right 88," "The Drive," "The Fumble" and a succession of 34 (count 'em) quarterbacks and a merry-go-round of new head coaches. And now, here we are. You are now well-versed in the history of the Browns. But remember, there might be a pop quiz! 👀

View attachment 91747

View attachment 91746
Hmm.....and the guy you think should retire now after a "bad" year (for him) 25TD's vs 9 INT, who endured a crappy O-Line with no running attack, and a spotty defense at best, well, he likely would have eliminated that graveyard had the Browns had the temerity to draft him anytime before the 199th pick in the draft. Just sayin'.🤗

42,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,813 ·
Hmm.....and the guy you think should retire now after a "bad" year (for him) 25TD's vs 9 INT, who endured a crappy O-Line with no running attack, and a spotty defense at best, well, he likely would have eliminated that graveyard had the Browns had the temerity to draft him anytime before the 199th pick in the draft. Just sayin'.🤗
Are you talking about "Goat" Brady? The Browns have been famous for passing up golden opportunities. For example, when it was time for their pick one year, they passed on (are you ready for this?) Ben Roethlisberger! Who did they pick instead? Kellen ("Evel Knievel") Winslow JR.). A total bust! But hey, that's the Browns.

Reactions: pwd72s

42,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,814 · (Edited)
I stumbled upon a great article today, which reminded me of how blessed I am to live in Ohio. It's an article featuring the "14 Top-Rated Small Towns in Ohio." I'm posting a few of them and including a link to the story: 14 Top-Rated Small Towns in Ohio Enjoy the trip!

Number 1 was Geneva-on-the-Lake, about 40 mi. west of me here in Cleveland...
Water Sky Cloud Plant Natural landscape

Another Geneva-on-the-Lake photo... Eddie's still serves and has the exact same menu as it started with in 1950! In fact, if you drive down the streets of town, you'll think you've gone back to 1950.
Window Building Gas Tree Electricity

Marietta was No. 2, located in God's country down near the Ohio River... (Ohio has many, many of these old covered bridges).
Plant Sky Cloud Tree Natural landscape

No 4 on the list is Millersburg, an Amish community about 30 miles east of me... (notice no electric poles leading to the farm)
Plant Sky Cloud Natural landscape Natural environment

Here's Millersburg residents' favorite mode of transportation...
Horse Wheel Plant Working animal Vehicle

No. 10 is my childhood hometown, good old Loveland, Ohio! Old Harry Andrews spent his entire life building this castle after his wife died early in their marriage, while he was fighting WWI over in France. It was there he found the castle Chataeu Laroche, of which this is an exact copy!
Sky Plant Building Window Blue

This is the old business district in downtown Loveland...
Plant Building Vehicle Car Road surface

And this is the same shot, in about 1870 (the building with 2nd floor bay windows hadn't been built yet)...
Building Wheel Sky Vehicle Art

No. 13 is Ashtabula, Ohio. It is about 40 miles east of me on Lake Erie. Plenty of covered bridges to see. There's 19 of them in the area!
Sky Water Plant Lake Tree

No. 14 is a town not unlike Loveland --- Milan, Ohio. Someone we all know was born there. You may have heard of him. A guy named Thomas A. Edison!
Wheel Land vehicle Car Plant Tire

Sky Window Building Street light Condominium

· Premium Member
852 Posts
Are you talking about "Goat" Brady? The Browns have been famous for passing up golden opportunities. For example, when it was time for their pick one year, they passed on (are you ready for this?) Ben Roethlisberger! Who did they pick instead? Kellen ("Evel Knievel") Winslow JR.). A total bust! But hey, that's the Browns.
Indeed.

42,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,817 ·
The Browns have always been timid to a fault. Audaciousness is not in their DNA. They are willing, however, to stoop to acting on the advice of a homeless man and drafting the likes of a complete goober like Johnny Manziel. Sad, but true.

Gesture Sports uniform Flash photography Player Sports jersey

· Premium Member
6,417 Posts
Some automotive history for the youngsters here...
All I can say is AWESOME! And I do remember all those cars Paul.

Reactions: 39Tudor and pwd72s

· Premium Member
16,597 Posts
Mark Donahue was Royalty. :)
Mark Donohue - Wikipedia
Mark Neary Donohue Jr. (March 18, 1937 – August 19, 1975), nicknamed "Captain Nice,"[1][2] and later "Dark Monohue,"[2] was an American race car driver and engineer known for his ability to set up his own race car as well as driving it to victories.[3][4][5][6]
Donohue is probably best known as the driver of the 1500+ bhp "Can-Am Killer" Porsche 917-30 and as the winner of the Indianapolis 500 in 1972. Cars that Donohue raced include: AMC Javelin, AMC Matador, Chevrolet Camaro, Eagle-Offy, Elva Courier, Ford GT40 MK IV, Ferrari 250LM, Ferrari 512, Lola T70, Lola T330, Lotus 20, McLaren M16, Porsche 911, Porsche 917/10, Porsche 917/30, Shelby Cobra, and Shelby Mustang GT350R.

(No, he never played QB for an NFL team, Jimbob. ;))

46801 - 46820 of 46922 Posts