Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What is your favorite era of car on this thread?

• 20s-30s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40s & street rods

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 50s classics

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 60s muscle

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 70s-present

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • foreign & oddities (all years)

Votes: 1 5.9%
46821 - 46840 of 46921 Posts

· Lifetime Supporting Member
42,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,823 ·
so..Niners? Eagles? Bated breath here...
Both teams showed me they know their way around a football field. It's going to be a good game! I think the Niners have the edge, but the Eagles are capable of putting the hurt on just about anyone! We'll see...

My crystal ball tells me it will be the 49ers and Bengals at the big dance.

42,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,827 · (Edited)
Yet another "coffee snafu..."

Ever since I fell in love with K-cup coffee, it has been one hassle after the other. Thinking you found a great deal, only to find out the end product tastes like bark mixed with rat poison. Or having to pay out the wazoo for "name brand" pods. Recently, however, I thought I'd found the Nirvana of K-cup coffee. Lo and behold, Pearl came home with a big 100-ct. box of "store brand" Meijer's K-cup Columbian coffee pods. Instantly, the house filled with the tantalizing aroma that only the best of coffees gives. And the price was a real bargain. Only $28.89 for that big box! I literally thought I'd died and gone to Heaven.

Until recently. Out of the blue one week, Pearl came home and informed me that Meijers was completely out of the Meijers 100 ct. coffee pods. So she bought 2 smaller boxes of it, which was a bit more expensive, but not by that much. Then, she goes to the store one day and they had absoluted NO Meijers pods on the shelf. I had pondered "supply line problems." but, after the completely out episode I wondered if they'd discontinued it. Finally, it dawned on me that people had learned how good it was and how cheap it was, and were "stocking up" on it when they'd find it on the shelf. People must buying 4-5 big boxes at a time. And the result was empty shelves.

After getting sick and tired of the merry-go-round of wondering if "my" coffee will be in stock, I decided to "pay the piper" and just go ahead and buy Maxwell House or Folgers and be done with the hassle. Amazingly, after finding a bonifide "good deal" on Maxwell House on Amazon, I ordered it . An 84-ct. box of Maxwell House "House Blend" coffee for only $30.84. That shakes out to .36-cents/cup. Just for shits and giggles I checked how much Walmart was selling it for. The exact same thing was $49.99 or .50-cents/cup. So much for getting "bargains" at Walmart. And so, again I'm a happy camper.

Food Drinkware Tableware Cup Kopi tubruk
Food Drinkware Coffee cup Tableware Cup

· Premium Member
16,596 Posts
Whew! Heaven forbid Jimbob not have his coffee. Seriously, I understand. Cindy buys whole Beans when in Costco, French Roast blend. We grind each batch for the coffee maker. Hated it the few times we ran out and bought some pre ground Folgers to see is through until the next Costco trip. We old curmudgeons get set in our ways...and our tastes.

But hey...even bad coffee is better than no coffee. I have a one burner camp stove and an old pecolator pot handy for power outage times.

(edit) Probably more than you needed to know about the COSTCO offerings, but a fun read:

8 Best Costco Coffee Brands Reviewed in Detail (Winter 2023) (coffeevibe.org)

42,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,829 · (Edited)
Whew! Heaven forbid Jimbob not have his coffee. Seriously, I understand. Cindy buys whole Beans when in Costco, French Roast blend. We grind each batch for the coffee maker. Hated it the few times we ran out and bought some pre ground Folgers to see is through until the next Costco trip. We old curmudgeons get set in our ways...and our tastes.

But hey...even bad coffee is better than no coffee. I have a one burner camp stove and an old pecolator pot handy for power outage times.

(edit) Probably more than you needed to know about the COSTCO offerings, but a fun read:

8 Best Costco Coffee Brands Reviewed in Detail (Winter 2023) (coffeevibe.org)
I copied "set is our ways/tastes." Sounds just like Pearl and I. She won't drink anything but Folgers, but for years had drank nothing but Maxwell House. She claimed Maxwell House changed their formula (something about chickory). Anyway, I don't see much difference in the two. But, though I drank instant for years, the K-cup craze changed all that. Now it has to be brewed and I've found that every different coffee pod has its own taste. And some of it is godawful, let me tell you!

I had to laugh at your "even bad coffee is better than no coffee" remark. All I have to do is give you a cup of Army coffee to prove that. :sick:
Hat Fedora Gesture Headgear Costume hat

Read the Costco bean review. Interesting, but the only true test is the one of actual tasting.

Bottom line is, it sounds lke you and Cindy and me and Pearl all have the same habit as Reina del Cid and Toni! :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
592 Posts
No offense guys but I never acquired the taste for coffee.
I can’t drink the stuff, just don’t care for the taste.
The only time I every liked coffee was when I went to visit my grandparents a Christmas.
Grandma would pour me a small cup of coffee to dunk her homemade molasses cookies in.
A taste you can never forget!

· Premium Member
16,596 Posts
Molasses cookies...yum!

Now, I gotta wonder...what brand of coffee are Reina and Toni drinking in their Sunday morning videos?

And to make us really feel old...one of the many 2019 Bullitt Reviews. "I remember my grandparents talking about the movie." LOL!

"

42,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,833 ·
Bad to the Bone!

I have a weakness for "action movies" and as I was watching Dwayne Johnson in the 2010 movie "Faster," last night, it dawned on me how many times I have seen a 1970 Chevelle SS in those action movies. Nearly every one of them had one, especially in chase scenes. And so, I thought I'd give tribute to the beastly SS 454 that Dwayne drove in last night's movie. It was bad to the bone! Here's today's...

RANDOM CLASSIC!

1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 The Ultimate Muscle Car - The 1970 LS6 Chevelle Was America’s King Of The Streets and This Is What Makes The 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS LS6 A Beast Of A Drag Racer and 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Hood

Vehicle Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle door

Motor vehicle Speedometer Odometer Automotive design Vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Steering part

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

454 cu. in. "Turbo-Jet" V-8, 360 h.p.
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Auto part Gas

Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Rim Automotive exterior

Hood Window Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light Car

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Wheel Tire

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Wheel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KLASSIC KUTIES!

Joint Shoe Shoulder Leg Plant

Hairstyle Shoulder Leg People in nature Eyewear

Plant Muscle Leg Flash photography Swimwear

Hair Water Shoulder Sky Smile

Shoe Plant Shoulder Tree Waist

· Premium Member
6,417 Posts
Uh, a SS with bench seat and column shift??

· Premium Member
16,596 Posts
1970 454...we didn't know it at the time, but for that era of muscle, the end was near. But what a beast it was...a king of the stop light gran prix. Yes, often in movies....even today's kids don't want their macho screen heroes driving a Prius.

#3...of course.

Good cover...loved Roger Miller. Remember this one? Hellofa fun movie, with Roger doing the soundtrack:

· Premium Member
16,596 Posts
Uh, a SS with bench seat and column shift??
Every SS454 I recall seeing had a bench seat...always puzzled me.

(edit) From an article jimbob linked to:
"The standard interior featured a bench seat regardless of transmission. When the optional bucket seats were ordered, a center console was also available."

· Premium Member
6,417 Posts
I had never paid that much attention to SS454. Thanks for pointing that out.

Reactions: Jimbob and pwd72s

42,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46,840 ·
Reina's "Back up boys" doing Beatles...

Here's Josh Turner and a couple of the other guys doing one of the most difficult Beatles' songs ever. And they pulled it off!

Reactions: pwd72s
46821 - 46840 of 46921 Posts