Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I am getting the power hungry bug again and nitrous looks pretty tasty. I need some help though. I would really appreciate any and all input on nitrous for Bullitts. I wanna know about what brands, what other things I need, install, etc. I have been digging through the archives for a while and am not satisfied.
Before anyone says it is a better idea, I don't have the mu-lah for a supercharger.
Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
The Zex system is very popular because of it's ease of installation and the clean install. All of the solenoids and electronics are housed in a little box which makes the install much easier and less cluttered looking.

Nitrous Express kits are also popular because of the power they produce. Most other kits are rated at flywheel horsepower, whereas NX kits are rated at the wheel.

A relative newcomer that has been coming on strong is Venom. Their kits include a "brain". This "brain" is preprogrammed to disengage the system on a missed shift, adjust fuel pressure automatically, etc, etc.

All of the systems I mentioned are in the 500-600 range. They can all be purchased from forum sponsor American Muscle, which I believe offers free shipping for IMBOC member orders if I recall correctly.

I used to run a NOS dry shot on my old notchback, so I know a little about the subject. :D You can find a ton of information regarding nitrous at the CORRAL.net forum dedicated to the sauce.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I would not go with the venom. NX has good stuff. you could also check out nitrousoutlet for some kits also. It would be your best interest to get a tune once you get the N20.

Chad

·
Registered
494 Posts
Zexis good for simple install. Venom has the too much dummy proof. If something goes wrong, you could be screwed. Besides, the amount one of those kits cost, you can get another woth much better quality.

Chad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.