Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just orderd the Nitrous Express nitrous kit for my BULLITT.What do yall think. Will I blow my car up? I am going to use plugs 2 heat ranges colder and premium fuel with a 100 hp shot. I have a c&l mass air to install also. What times am I looking at. I want 12's.

·
Banned
535 Posts
You will be okay as long as you don't get to greedy with the spray. I assume this is an adjustable kit? Is it a dry or wet kit? I sprayed on mine, got greedy with the juice and fried a piston ring. Reason for the new stroker. Just remember that you need top back off the timing with the juice. If you don't have one, I would suggest a Steeda Timing Adjuster. Its easy to install and will allow you to retard the timing with little effort. No timing light is needed with these adjusters. As a rule of thumb for juice, gap the plugs at 35, run a step colder plug, and back off the timing 1 degree for every 25hp shot. Example: 75 shot of juice, back the timing off 3 degrees. Mustangs run a tad lean from the factory, so, make sure you have the proper ratio of fuel/air so as not to go lean and fry a piston or ring like I did.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I want nos aswell was looking at a kit, but dont want to fry or blow anything. cant afford a new engine
well time to surf for more mods, what next????

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My friend had NOS on his BULLITT and ran it about 4 times on the juice.Now he has a vortech s-trim on it.And guess what it is slower than when he had 100hp shot of the laughing gas.But he only had around 6psi when it was tuned for 12psi.It is now gettting fixed though.

I wanted to mention it is the wet kit. I also want to get a purge kit so when it hits it hits....haha.Also do yall think 4:10s are to steep. I also have potenza tires on her.

I am also going to borrow his 16" draglights and et-streets and later when I feel lucky a 150hp shot.....yikes

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
My opinion,from an old guy......Anything will work cool once! I don't care for the NO2.It will bite you when you aren't looking!

·
Banned
535 Posts
It will work fine as long as you follow the instructions I posted above. The wet kits are a little better and I would definently recommend a purge. The 4:10 will be okay with the juice. The problem with gears and turbos/supercharger are that the car raps up to quickly not allowing the turbo/supercharger to make enough power. Thats why guys tend to run gears (3.55, 3.27's) with the blowers becasue that allows the blower enough time to spool up and make power. The nitrous on the other hand doesn't care which gear because it is a WOT response unit. With the slick and the NOS you should get some pretty good times. A lot of guys don't spray out of the hole though. The don't hit the juice until the shift into 2nd gear. That way you get a better launch. Its all about trial and error. You need to practice to see what works better for you. As you get some experience with the juice then you can try different techniques. Good luck!!

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts