Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking that the one mod I'll do to my Bullitt is a 100 shot of NOS.
Has anyone done this?
Will it be ok without any other mods?

Los Angeles, CA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: From the other side on 2001-10-18 17:30 ]</font>

·
Registered
540 Posts
i have 125 shot but i don't haven't used it yet i am saving for a race that i know i won't win without it

·
Registered
340 Posts
What brand did you get and how much did it cost to get it installed and all the etc .... :smile:

Thanks

·
Registered
540 Posts
i have a top gun NOS kit that was off of a 99 stang that was totalled the kid just let me have it it was in good shape so i had the bottle polished i just cut a hole in the rubber boot in the firewall and then tapped it in to the plastic part of the intake tubing right before the tb. i have 2 switches one so the throttle has to be wide open to activate the switch and a master swith in the car. that way i can't accidentally set it off. i have an automatic bottle opener on the way and a bottle warmer on the way too. but i haven't shot it yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 100 shot on mine and love it. The brand I went with is a company called Texas Nitrous Technologies. The kit we put on has two nozles plummed sthriaght in the intake after the trottle body. Each nozle is a 50hp wet set up. The nozles are fed by one N2O and ane Gas solenoid. I have a switch on the TB for 3/4 throttle. I fabricated a switching system on the shifter base that allows use of the N2O while the car is in gear only. The system uses a micro switch on each gear thru fouth. This eliminates from over reving if you miss a gear. Didn't like the RPM window switch. The cool thing about the switching is you can set the kit up for two or three stages whitout individual switches that you have to use by hand. Automatically does it for you if wired corectlly. Also installed master power switch and a switch for the solenoid and another for the purge. You can see the N2O company I used on www.nitrous-power.com

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
The system uses a micro switch on each gear thru fouth. This eliminates from over reving if you miss a gear
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Trick. Can you take pictures of this set up?

Tim

·
Registered
372 Posts
have any of you made a pass at the strip on the bottle? i'm curious to see what to expect out of a 100 shot

·
Registered
204 Posts
How does this affect the computer? Do you have to change chips or can you just slap a N20 setup on and be good to go? How many shots will you get out of a 10/15 pound bottle? I've been thinking about this but am not real familiar with it. Any insight as to pros/cons would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have not made a pass at the track but I had a 99GT with a Vortec 8psi on it and the dyno numbers were 380hp and 365tq at the rear wheels whith the stock clutch slipping. The N20 on the Bullitt kicks that cars ass. The doesn't need any computer chip as long as you run a wet system. I don't have any pictures yet but I do have some autoCad electrical drawings I could post once I figure out how. Will need Voloview to view the drawing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
378, I'm having trouble finding a bullitt kit on their site.. Is that a phone item only?
Anyone else got a good source for NOS stuff?

THX,

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is not a hit specific to the Bullitt. My car was like a prototype for them. Basically they installed it the same as a Cobra. You can call and ask to talk to James. He is one of the owners and a very knowledgeable individual. He patented most of the products he carries. Anything you want to know about N2O he can help with. Just mention to him about my car. He and I are pretty good friends. Just tell him Jason Cooper said to call for info.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how much would a system such as your Bullitt378 cost that was installed. I live in Dallas and that place is not to far away for me to get one installed in the near future.

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
As far as the price of the N2O kit you will have to call them for definate info. If you want the switches on the shifter then I can set you up with the stuff for that. The big question is do you have the stock shifter or not. Mine is after market UPR Bluethunder out of my 99GT that moded to work. An after market shifter makes it much easier to mount. The setup uses some pretty intense wiring and relays. If you are intersted contact them and when you decide to get the kit you can contact me at [email protected] for the switching.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I went to the track last night and ran into (not literally) a black Bullitt #2200. I was taking a break sitting in the stands and saw him pull to the line. Next thing I know he ripped off a 12.9. I caught him on his way back around and he had a Nitrous Express 100 shot. The Bullitt was completely stock except for the nitrous. He had to shift from second to get traction and did not have a bottle heater. Judging from the weather he was really only shooting about a 75 shot.

To make a long story longer with a true 100 shot and some Nitto’s you should be in the low 12’s.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I installed nitrous express on my bullitt.
It is a wet system and is very easy to hook up. Only holes that you will have to drill is in the trunk for the bottle and in the tube that goes from mass air to throttle body for the nozzle. You can shoot 50-150
HP,i use 100 shot. The only thing that I have done besides this was changed my plugs to a colder plug, gap at 35(car runs the same on motor). DO NOT USE A PLATINUM PLUG!
With the car spinning first and second it ran [email protected]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts