Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nitrous is a mixed bag. My Neighbor's kid ran it in his 5.0. Things to remember. You MUST get all the "Extra" goodies. Throttle switch, pressure valve, bottle warmer, the extra soleniods and the Fuel system upgrade. These are a lot cheaper to get ahead of time than to replace your intake when it blows off your car. You also need cooler spark plugs and they should be replaced after running each bottle empty. Ditto the oil change.
Keep in mind that nitrous will also instantly void your warranty.
You should also be wary of running high nitrous shots 100+. as the 4.6 isn't the most durable of engines from the factory. If you replace the bottom half and strenthen everything up than you should be ok.
A better solution would be to follow the list of mods given by the Ford racing guys.. Clean up the entire intake path, polish the intake and remove the obstructions. This should give you a nice increase and it should also be very safe to do.

2001 DHG Bullitt #171

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-06-18 21:35 ]</font>

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
I agree Blackwing. If you do it the way the Ford guys suggested it really shouldn't change the appearence of the engine, thus retaining the "stock" look of the car but you get the extra UMPH.:wink:
Cam

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Once I raced a Civic with nitrous (not in the Bullitt) about a year ago, and his car practically blew up beside me...it was one of the funniest (I may be morbid, but I LOATHE Civics) things I have ever seen!! I stopped too, and he opened the hood to find his engine completely NUKED...I told him, "That's what you get for runnin Nitrous, boy!"

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do believe that Supercharging, TurboCharging and Nitrous are exceptions though. Especially when it comes to engine repairs. No.. they can't void your Exhaust warranty because of Nitrous.. but should you spin a bearing, blow a rod, shatter a piston, or blow the top or bottom half off your engine they can and will deny warranty repair on that as these items, specifically, force the engine to work well BEYOND it's operational stress limits. And if your dealer is an ass they can deny you repairs becasue of this. then you're faced with legal fees, time, your car tied up someplace to try to fight it. Just be careful is all we're saying.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
hello all, i read above the post from Blakwing
"clean up the entire intake path, polish the intake and remove the obstructions. This should give you a nice increase and it should also be very safe to do."

what does haven this done to your engine cost ? and what kinda place would you goto to have this done? does any one know how much HP this should add?? thanks for the help :smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts