Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i finally got new tires for the b. i wore the last set out to the metal band on the inside and bald on the outside but still had tread in the middle. lol. its what i get for not aligning my car after lowering it. i decided to get nitto 555 street tires. not the drag radials although i wanted to get some for the back but decided against it because i still have tread left on the existing tires and im moving and going to college so im going to be out of a job for about a month hopefully no longer than that and they are expensive. well expensive compared to the 100 dollar a piece ones i got lol. anyway so i got the front 2 replaced with 275/40/17's and i like them. i haven't driven much on them but at first glance they track well and provide quite a bit more grip than the last set. they have a good tread wear rating of like 300 i think it is. im driving on the freeway for like 2 hours each way so i should know how good the tires are tomorrow. assuming i drive. i might not have to drive. anyway just thought i would say i like the new nitto's so far.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I am thinking about purchasing these tires with drag radials in the rear.Do you have any rubbing or tracking problems with these tires.THANKS GREG

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bullitt00623 said:
I am thinking about purchasing these tires with drag radials in the rear.Do you have any rubbing or tracking problems with these tires.THANKS GREG
well i have driven on them for a couple hundred miles already. they track very well. i would recomend these to everyone. i want to get the drag radials in the back but im going to wait till my tires are done before getting them. i will definitely buy another set of these next time i get new tires. no rubbing issues and they go where you want not the with the road.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I have over 40k on mine.
I honestly cannot say enough good things about mine.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bullitt00623 said:
Are you running on stock rims?
im not on stock rims. i have my nittos (275/40/17) on 17x9 inch rims up front. i have sumitomos (315/35/17) on 17x10.5 inch rims in the back.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I plan on running the NT555 245 45 17 on the front and the NT555R drag radiel 275 40 17 on the rear with stock rims.I have heard that the drag radials run smaller than the street radials so this set up should work great. GREG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts