Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
the first thing you should do is get a few miles on them. for me the nittos work good on the street at 32psi. i run them on the track at 17. launching tecqniqs are different for each person. i launch around 2300 and get good times, jb launches around 5000 and can get that to work for him. the best info i can give you is get a good burnout, this is when you start seeing smoke then wait a sec and roll out of it. stage where your comfortable at. keep in mind that nittos dont like anything ( from my experince ) under 1800 rpm. the car will fall flat on its face. hope this helps some

Jerry

·
Registered
156 Posts
I was wondering what size Nittos you guys are using. I have been lookng around and was planning on picking up a set next spring. I want to leave the front size the same as stock 245/45z-17 but I want bigger ones on the back. Possibly 275's but I have to go with a lower sidewall, 40, in order to keep them 17" and fit them on the stock wheels. Maybe 275's are kinda overkill. I was only planning on getting the 555's not the Drag version. Any thoughts are welcome.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-30 14:23, Black Sunshine #161 wrote:
i run the 275/40/17 extreem drag radials on the stock wheel with no problem. and my car is lowered 2'. i will be changing out to 315/35/18 dr's hopefully soon

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Are they going to make them in that size?

BTW I still want to know what you've done to your car since you posted you were in the low 12s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts