Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the Nitto NT555 G2s on their Bullitt? I am looking at getting new tires and the GY GSD3s are discontinued. Also, these seem to have the square tire edge (how the GSD3s are) versus the rounded tire edge.

Jim

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I love the 555 G2, just got them replacing Nitto Invos. Great grip in wet and dry.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I can take some. Mind you I replaced the 18's with 2001 Bullitt rims. 255/50/17. I love the offset, makes the tires look bigger. Will shoot the tires after work.

·
Car Whisperer
21,417 Posts
not on my Bullitt since I don't own one right now, but I do have them on all four corners of my CV and am very happy with them.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The tires look great!

Reactions: MustangMan

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's either the Nitto's or the Mickey Thompson Street Comps.

·
Registered
2001 mustang gt bullit
3 Posts
I have the 555g2 on my bullit and they don’t grip well for me but mine are on 18s
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
When my Michelin Pilot Super Sports wore out a few years ago, I decided to give the Falken RT-615k+ a shot. They look great and have a relatively square profile with a large tread pattern, especially for a 245/45/17 on stock wheels. They are 200 treadwear tires though and likely overkill for just street driving as they're designed to be more of a durable street/track tire that sees time on open track or autocross. They also aren't meant to be driven at or below freezing either, so that may limit your application. Despite the tread design, they handle wet weather here in Florida quite well. I wouldn't, however, recommend going full blast into standing water as I have a feeling they wouldn't care for that too much.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Synthetic rubber

1 - 10 of 10 Posts