Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read over at Stangnet,that Ford has pulled the plug on any Boss Mustang project.
The sagging economy is now beginning to slim down the market for new factory hot rods. Shades of 1972!

·
Registered
670 Posts
The Camaro and Challenger might be too late in the game. No "pony car" has ever outsold the Mustang. It is a niche market, and I can't see these cars flying off the lots.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I don't hear Chevrolet basking in the glory of six months worth of deposits/orders.

I don't see much action at the Chrysler stores either for that matter...and they are starting to get the cars...

The Ford dealer near me has sold it's three black Bullitts and now only has one DHG 08 on the showroom floor. The saleperson I just talked to sold two GT 500's last week at a reported $15K over sticker...Hmmm. She also added that they sold a couple other Shelbys, but they were not the GT 500 model, for more than sticker.

·
Registered
162 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
The Ford dealer near me has sold it's three black Bullitts and now only has one DHG 08 on the showroom floor. The saleperson I just talked to sold two GT 500's last week at a reported $15K over sticker...Hmmm. She also added that they sold a couple other Shelbys, but they were not the GT 500 model, for more than sticker.
That must be the only dealership in the world currently selling those numbers. :rolleyes:
Bullitts aren't selling and black ones are selling even less.
GT500's are selling for MSRP or less.
Shelby GT's are selling for invoice or less.
I think the salesperson is fibbing to you.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
walc said:
That must be the only dealership in the world currently selling those numbers. :rolleyes:

I think that salesperson is lying. Mustang sales are aomething like 50% less than last year at this time.
All the lot's near me still have the same GT500's sitting there. One lot has 5 of them and 2 HG bullit's sitting there.

·
Car Whisperer
21,578 Posts
I would agree that the Challenger and Camaro are way too late. If Chevrolet had been smart the Camaro would have been at the deal before Transformers came out at the movies. By now, the novelty of the car has worn off and the gas crunch and economy will say no to those who even 6 months ago would have bought one.

Too bad about the Boss, would have been the next logical car and no doubt would even now be relatively well received.

Maybe a hybrid Stang is next on the horizon :)

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Is the Boss really dead?? The article seems to be saying the Boss motor will not go into the mustang. Do you need a Boss motor to put out a Boss car? Of course the Mach 1 could also be something we might see.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Sales........

I offered a dealer sticker price on a Shelby GT500 last Saturday.......he laughed at me and said that the sticker plus $10K was his firm price...........I'll bet he will wish he had my name and phone number in his files in a few months.........it's America.....I guess.........

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
walc said:
Bullitts aren't selling and black ones are selling even less.
GT500's are selling for MSRP or less.
Shelby GT's are selling for invoice or less.
I think the salesperson is fibbing to you.
My dealer has sold every Bullitt they could get in, and sold them quickly.

Oh, they've also sold every GT500 they could get in as well

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's the 70's again, First the clothes then the gas prices then the shut down of muscle cars. Looks like we got our dream car just in time!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Whammer said:
Do you need a Boss motor to put out a Boss car?
JHMO - Absolutely YES!

To me, that's kind of like asking if the mustang should only have 2 doors, maybe a 4 door version would sell better...

·
Registered
162 Posts
ARMY TC said:
I offered a dealer sticker price on a Shelby GT500 last Saturday.......he laughed at me and said that the sticker plus $10K was his firm price...........I'll bet he will wish he had my name and phone number in his files in a few months.........it's America.....I guess.........
Come on down to Delmarva ( Ocean City, MD area ) and take your pick at Preston Ford, Preston, MD; Frederick Ford, Seaford, DE or buy a new GT500 convertible, for $3,000 under MSRP, at Koons Ford, Annapolis, MD.
Likewise, Bullitts for invoice or less. :(

·
Registered
162 Posts
RCSignals said:
My dealer has sold every Bullitt they could get in, and sold them quickly.

Oh, they've also sold every GT500 they could get in as well
I guess dealers here will start shipping them to Oregon.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Lightning said:
JHMO - Absolutely YES!

To me, that's kind of like asking if the mustang should only have 2 doors, maybe a 4 door version would sell better...
I agree. If I understand correctly, the original Boss Mustangs were named as such because they were Mustangs with Boss engines. In my view, a Boss Mustang with an engine of another name would be a bit of an oxymoron.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Lightning said:
JHMO - Absolutely YES!

Well what EXACTLY is a Boss motor?
It's just a name.
There are no special parts that make a motor a Boss.
Hell, when the 05's came out they could've basically called the 4.6 a 302 Boss.
And for certain they could've called the 5.4 in the GT500 a Boss.
So it's just a name.
All they need to do is put a larger motor in the 2010, slap on the name Boss, and add some Boss stripes and I'll be YOU would be lining up to buy one. :)

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
RCSignals said:
I'm wondering if someone isn't confusing the 6.2L "BOSS" engine with a BOSS Mustang?
Yup, that's my point.
The Boss engine has been available in trucks- and last time I checked mustang didn't have a truck model :)
The article said the 6.2 would not be going into the mustang, but that doesn't mean there won't be a Boss edition.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.