Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In response to a letter regarding the "Hurricane" engine in the latest Mustang Monthly, they make the statement that the Boss project has been cancelled, at least for the current generation Mustang. Has anyone else heard anything on this? And am I correct in understanding that the Mustang isn't slated for any new sheetmetal until 2010?

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
I've seen it both ways. I would not be surprised either way:doubt: , build or not to build. That isn't a question, it's a financial statement.:shock:

And I have heard that 2010 is tenative also, depending...

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Last I heard was a refresh in 09 and a redesign in 10. The engine was canceled long ago. The Boss possibility is up in the air. All naming rights have to be signed off by the Shinona family. A Mach 1 with a new engine is a possibility.... Ford owns the name so no issues.

Don't see how Mustang Monthly has the inside track on future Ford products as no one knows what's up in the next two years except Ford and they are being exceptionally tight lipped about future products. One can only hope they are waiting to see the engine choices and HP numbers for the Camaro and then bump theirs to compete.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
RayS said:
In response to a letter regarding the "Hurricane" engine in the latest Mustang Monthly, they make the statement that the Boss project has been cancelled, at least for the current generation Mustang. Has anyone else heard anything on this? And am I correct in understanding that the Mustang isn't slated for any new sheetmetal until 2010?
mustang monthly........... the new york post of mustang magazines.....'nuff said

boss prject is NOT cancelled BUT is on the table as i have described in previous posts i is touch and go but ford and shinoda want this to happen 09 ( 40th anniversary of boss 302)..... what the final product will be? who knows but shinoda is standing their ground

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
new york post---^^^^ :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
texasbullitt said:
mustang monthly........... the new york post of mustang magazines.....'nuff said

boss prject is NOT cancelled BUT is on the table as i have described in previous posts i is touch and go but ford and shinoda want this to happen 09 ( 40th anniversary of boss 302)..... what the final product will be? who knows but shinoda is standing their ground

Mark....ya really got a way with words....Bud:lol:...are you selling ur Shelby??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts