Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I did not have the Death rattle. The engine was cold, ambient temp. was the 60's. I usually have the noise until the temp gauge starts to move at rpms between 2500 and 3000. I had just rolled over 9100 miles. 3/4 tank of gas - Chervron 87 octane regular. Nearly 4100 miles on the current oil change - Mobil 1 5W30.

I have NO idea why I didn't have THE NOISE. :eek:

Must have been the bath I gave Bullitt yesterday :-B

·
Registered
139 Posts
That is strange. I just went over 9100mi. and took my car out this morning and no death rattle as well. I noticed I didn't have it yesterday as well but it had only been a few hours since I drove so I figured it was still warm. Go figure???? I never had the rattle when I bought the car last june so maybe we are just entering the "no rattle season again". Everyday is an adventure with this car.

Aaron 0685

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had less noise this morning. Temp was high 50s, low 60s. I could still make out the noise, but I had to think about it. It wasn't overwhelmingly loud like usual. The 1-2 crunch was easier, also. If the weather keeps warming up like this, I won't have any problems until November. :smile:

·
Registered
167 Posts
LOL, yeah I have a few strange noises that are currently "In remission."

Mike

·
Premium Member
12,937 Posts
OK...this is freaky...
3230 was quiet this morning as well. Not only that, but no pinging under load at 4,000 and above...and that's REALLY unusual!! It was pulling really hard today....

Anybody hearing the theme song from Twilight Zone???

·
Registered
783 Posts
OK, here's what has been happening. Ford engeneering techs have been playing around with this idea for years. Now finally, with the XM satilites in place Ford now has the ability to flash our pcm's through this system and monitor the results on boards like this. Looks like they finally put a good program together. :wink: :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LesnTea on 2002-03-26 14:25 ]</font>

·
Registered
144 Posts
No NO NO!!! Your all wrong! The cars communicate telepathiclly with one another in an effort to drive us crazy. :-B

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts