Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my Densecharger system tonight and took a quick test run. This little $95 wonder DEFINATELY makes some horse you can feel!!! And as far as not having fog lights put in like I originally wanted....well the plastic that forms the inside of your fenderwell also forms a PERFECT cup around the filter for the densecharger system. THEN....if you take a flashlight and look directly through the opening where the fog light would be you notice that there is a PERFECTLY straight shot for air to hit the filter. This combined with the cup means there is no place for the air to go but up to the intake!! I love this stuff. If you are weary about cutting your hood for the KarKraft ram air system like I was, then you should DEFINATELY consider this. I love mine and can't wait to drive more tomorrow!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It takes about 1/2 hour to 45 min. I still have to set a couple screws a little better but it is pretty easy. The filter goes down in the fenderwell pretty easy and it is just a matter of bolting the unit to the MAF. Simple

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Did you get the Larger K&N with that one or the standard sized one?

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
www.densecharger.com
It's a CAI. (Cold Air Induction) system. It brings colder air in from the Fenderwell into the engine through a Big ol' K&N filter.
It's supposed to increase the your engines ability to "Breathe" more efficiently.
I've talked to these guys and they're first rate. Their CAI is also substantially cheaper than the competitions as well and it fully tuneable.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the large filter and pointed it straight down in the well. This gives the most filter area exposed to direct airflow so I thought it made the most sense.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Was it very hard to get into the fenderwell? That was one of the things the guys at Densecharger had mentioned.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I sounds like you did not install or purchase the plugs. Any reason why you passed on the upgraded plugs?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Blakwing, the filter wasn't that difficult at all to get down there. Stick it through the hole. Give it a little twist, a slight push down and you are done.

Lou, I am always of the opinion that if it can't make a significant difference when I change it then I won't change it til I need to. Seems to me that there isn't significant enough of a performance benefit to justify throwing away a perfectly good set of plugs. I am sure I will get a set of denso iridiums though when I do a tune up just before summer next year.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I will be using the fog light holes for the hoses to my shaun Hyland carbon fiber brake duct kits. I'll have nice sool brakes when I hit the race track this fall.. :smile:

Brian

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now that is an EXCELLENT idea. Is this the Cobra R brake duct kit I saw advertised on his site? couldn't you run the duct from the middle of the botoom? At any rate the duct kit is a worthwhile mod....especially for a road race car.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Yes, it's the Cobra R kit. They told me it would fit no problem. I'll decide the final location when I install the kit. I'll take pics and let everyone know!

·
Registered
693 Posts
about that Densecharger!
i was thinking about adding it to my 99GT
anyway water could get back in the engine?
last year there was this 00GT in the ford
dealer it was getting a new engine
ask the manager why?
he answer the owner had install a ram air
kit and the engine got hydraulic lock
naturally no warranty on that repair bills (ouch!!!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 99gt on 2001-06-21 14:49 ]</font>

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
99GT, I don't think there is any way water could get into the engine the way I have it set up. If you are standing facing the engine there is a piece of 3 in pvc tubing that curves from the MAF to the left into the fender. From that point it curves straight down into the fenderwell with the K&N filter pointing straight down. The system is a tight fit on all the connections and you would have to get a REALLY strong draft through the filter to push any water up the tubing to get to the intake. The only way I can see you might run a minimal risk is getting the densecharger system that just sticks the filter straight out into the fenderwell. Even then I think the worst thing you would run into is maybe a fouled MAF sensor. Just my opinion. But if you have questions about anything you can call and talk to the guy at Demolet motorsports. He is VERY helpful and I am sure that water is something they have taken into account. www.densecharger.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts