Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just traded her Bullitt #1880 in on a 2000 Red Lightning. She says that now we can tow my Bullitt #702 to car shows with her truck and not compete against each other.
She has already asked if she could drive mine every once in awhile. She said I could drive the Lightning.
It does have some get up and go...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Where did you trade it in at?? Maybe I will go pick up 1880. I am looking to replace 929 because it played bumper cars with a yukon and lost. What color was it and where is it sitting?? I am in the chicago area and I see you are in IL. I would trust a fellow Bullittheads old car.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lok N Lod on 2001-10-07 02:22 ]</font>

·
Registered
721 Posts
I know about the Lightning and it's supercharger, I never heard what it's supposed to do in a 1/4 mile. Can you give me a ballpark guess? I think maybe we should stay away from it huh?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lightning times:
0 to 60 mph - 5.4 sec
0 to 100 mph - 22.5 sec
1/4 mile - 14.6 sec/97mph
It looks good, drives great & maybe we were too greedy to have two Bullitts in one garage.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I envy you. I can't think of anything I'd rather have for my second vehicle than a Ligtning. Enjoy, you only live once right? By the way thats really quick for a pickup truck. I think the Dukes of Hazzard would trade in the General Lee for a Lighning if they had 'em then. Oh-- Daisy,Daisy,Daisy, sorry ladies I couldn't resist.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just because I beat my husband in the Lightning today doesn't mean that it can beat his Bullitt. We'll have to switch drivers and see what happens. Can wait to run them again. The Bullitt is fun to drive, but I think the Lightning gets off quicker when passing. I'll let you know what happens on our second run. My husband doesn't know I am writing this. I want to say that I will miss number 1880. But we both work 40+ hours a week and don't make enough to keep all the toys. Oh well, maybe I will find a way to get #1880 back some day. Sure was fun while I had her. I kept her beautiful and even crawled under her to clean her up for the car show. My engine was always clean. Good night to all.

·
Registered
199 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-07 20:13, Bullitthead Lover wrote:
Just because I beat my husband in the Lightning today doesn't mean that it can beat his Bullitt.</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

First off I love my Bullitt and chose it over a silver 01 lightning. Back to the point, unless your husband has modifications you will beat him everytime (unless your husband can drive like JBVobra).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts