Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 6:30 tonight I decided to take the car and run it at Gainesville instead of Orlando. It's about 100 miles from here, but decided I'd check it out, I'd at least get one run.

I got there at 8:50, they close at 10. I ran 5 times before the staging lanes closed. And I took a 30 minute break between run 3 and 4 :eek: There was nobody there, maybe 55 cars total and never more than 10 in the lanes at one time. You could honestly take run, loop back around and be running again in 3-4 minutes. Now when Ray talks about getting all these runs at Bradenton, I know how :grin:

Nothing great to show for it. Ran a best of 14.19, MPH was way off. The car was heat saoked from the 100 drive and the weather was not that good. In fact it started raining. One lane was biting pretty hard, although I only managed a 2.15 60', I can see it doing a lot better there than Orlando. Not to mention it's a very nice facility.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guess what I had to race on the 14.19 pass.

Just guess! This should be easy :grin:

WRX :grin:

He was actually ahead of me at the 330' mark, thanks to his ability to hook. At the 1/8 I had passed him and continued leaving him. He did manage a 14.45 @ 93. Those cars will 60' like a mofo. I don't what if anything he had done to it, but afterward he came up saying how much he liked the Mustang :razz:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-11-01 01:02 ]</font>

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are you thinking of making the run up to Gainesville again? I have been reluctant to take the new Bullitt out to SpeedWorld because of the crowds out there these days. I'd entertain a drive up to Gainesville though. I haven't been there since Gator Nationals a few years back. I might talk a WRX owning friend of mine to make the drive as well.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might go in the next month or so, but it won't be a regular event, that for sure. It's a long haul and I would have to leave very early to get there and let the car cool down. It's difficult for me to get there before 7 or so. However, if you can get up there fairly early, go for it.

Even though I said there was only 55 or so cars, they said that was an off night. They said 150 is the norm. You should still be able to get quite a few runs in.

As far as Orlando goes, I can't blame you for not going. I go, because a good friend of mine lives 20 minutes from there and he likes to go too. So, if the weather is decent tonight, I might be back out there again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts