Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I haven't had a flat for years and the last one was in my driveway at home overnight so an easy fix.
However with the mustangs and no spare I dread the thought of having to use that kit in the boot especially on a dark wet night
Don't even want to think about it , it may tempt fate

The other problem though is loosening the wheel nuts when they are tightened by an air gun, some are just impossible to move anyway before you even worry about the spare/no spare issue

·
Registered
99 Posts
Seems like the cheapest and best way to tackle the spare issue is to buy just the wheel/tire from AA, and the jack and tools from Ford. Somebody posted the part numbers somewhere else, so will look for those, since I have the car in the garage now.

By the way, what's the deal with the supplied compressor box? It seems to have the 'goop' built-in, right? But what happens if you use it: Do you have to throw away the damn thing? That's be stupid. It should be a way to just replace the goop, which is always separate on all other vehicles I've owned with one. Am I missing something? Looked for a way to disassemble the thing, and looks like you'd have to destroy it by pulling the 2 pieces apart. Didn't see any screws or tabs to service the goop. Thx.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey guys, forgot to say I finally got my manual and and documentation (bought out of town), and it has a section covering the compressor box. And yes, you can replace the 'goop' cartridge, as expected. Tried repeatedly downloading the .pdf manual from the Ford owners site, but couldn't do it, for some reason. Sorry for not reading the actual owner's manual before posting above. Tried to edit it, but don't have that option anymore. Stay safe :).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe there is an opportunity for those of us who would like a spare tire kit in the trunk rather than the fix-a-flat/inflator arrangement. Over on the Mustang6g forum, there is a thread for '15+ owners that wanted to have a tire. See this thread here for the discussion.

It seems that someone has been inventive and put something together for a wheel and tire. It appears you could then order Ford's compact jack and components to secure them I would seriously consider this for peace of mind. What do others think? Is this something where a group order might be beneficial?

Hey, Tony.....has anyone found a solution for a spare tire in a 2020 Bullitt. I would like a Maxxis or something that clears the Brembos. Why is Ford making this so difficult? I love my Bullitt but the stereo and the air compressor suck!!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts