Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i was at my girlfriends house and her step dad bought a 2002 ish mustang recently which already had some exhaust mods and a short throw shifter in it as far as i know. He enjoys talking to me about the mustang and was telling me about how he had just got absolutely killed by an 04 is mustang that was supposedly completely decked out performance wise. he was telling me about how he thought a car like that is impractical and i kinda agree with him. its not the most economical thing but as long as you enjoy it who cares right? then he tells me he is thinking about getting headers for his mustang and was asking if he should get shortys long tubes or what and i told him well if you are going to get a power adder some day go with long tubes but if not then get some shorties or equal length headers. he then preaches to me on how he thinks superchargers are pointless and impractical superchargers are! right after he told me how he was racing and got his @$$ kicked. i didn't say anything but i was thinking how are you going to race which eats gas like no other (power adder or not) and say that a supercharger is impractical? I believe that a supercharger is not impractical especially if you are behaved while driving it for the most part. just my 2 cents. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Oh I agree with you kevin, then when you get out of ear range LOL !!! Sounds like he is double talking.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
There are a lot of people on this board who have superchargers and would definately beg to differ with your girlfriend's stepdad. If you go with a proven reliable kit then there is basically no effect on daily driveability, but in terms of the occasional heads up contest (on the track of course :wink: )the difference is night and day. I can tell you that my car got 26 mpg coming home from Alabama, and 20ish around town. The only time it really suffers is when I'm keeping the car in low gears on purpose because it just sounds so good!
He would have to spend mucho dinero to stay naturally aspirated and achieve the horsepower gains possible from supercharging. Plus-no matter what type of SC you have-they just look and sound cool! Try to get him to watch a few videos on youtube, do a search under vortech mustang, or kenne bell mustang. That might change his outlook....:cool:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i know. id get one if i had the money for one and show him what its all about. but ill just have to wait till im out of college to show him i guess. lol. or maybe ill get my dad to show him in his 520 hp 03 cobra. hmmm.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
The Vortech V2 was the best car mod I ever made.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
I am partial to my K-B :bigguns: I get good mileage when i drive it sanely, :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I would think they are practical.....unless you plan on running some huge ars blower cams with the blower.LOL!!!:cool:

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
He does need to drive or ride in a stang with a power adder.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Once you own a S/C'ed car, you will NEVER want to go back to NA.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ive driven my dads cobra and i didn't like going back to mine lol. i love my car but it feels sooo slow compared to the cobra.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Given my susceptibility to high speed hy-jinks, I'll be avoiding any supercharged mods for my Bullitt.

For Now. :wink:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i can't wait to put a supercharger on my Bullitt but that won't be for like 4 or 5 years :(

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Superchargers are impractical. But who here is practical?

7,020 Posts
some pople have no clue !

DHG#1078 aka Kevin, your girlfriend step father sounds like a man who knows nothing about high performance at all !

Supercharging and turbochargingis are the most efective way to increase horse power ther is a Speed Channel show with the owner and founder of Banks Performance, just one of the worlds Top Performaces Guy / Company. Mr. Banks could explane the real facts to him and give him a good education on Forced Induction.

DHG 1005 gets better gas mailage with it's Allen Supercharger that it did without it. And that put you back in your seat performance is just to much fun also !

on your six ... DHG 1005

Attachments

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Have BULLITT will travel said:
DHG#1078 aka Kevin, your girlfriend step father sounds like a man who knows nothing about high performance at all !

Supercharging and turbochargingis are the most efective way to increase horse power ther is a Speed Channel show with the owner and founder of Banks Performance, just one of the worlds Top Performaces Guy / Company. Mr. Banks could explane the real facts to him and give him a good education on Forced Induction.

DHG 1005 gets better gas mailage with it's Allen Supercharger that it did without it. And that put you back in your seat performance is just to much fun also !

on your six ... DHG 1005
:drool: mmmmm BANKS turbo 4" exaust for diesal motors :drool: my sister has it on her 04' F250, 4" down pipe, 4"from the down pipe to the muffler and then 5" from the muffler to the 5" tail pipe, the thing sounds like a jet.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
There are a lot of people on this board who have superchargers and would definately beg to differ with your girlfriend's stepdad. If you go with a proven reliable kit then there is basically no effect on daily driveability, but in terms of the occasional heads up contest (on the track of course :wink: )the difference is night and day. I can tell you that my car got 26 mpg coming home from Alabama, and 20ish around town. The only time it really suffers is when I'm keeping the car in low gears on purpose because it just sounds so good!
He would have to spend mucho dinero to stay naturally aspirated and achieve the horsepower gains possible from supercharging. Plus-no matter what type of SC you have-they just look and sound cool! Try to get him to watch a few videos on youtube, do a search under vortech mustang, or kenne bell mustang. That might change his outlook....:cool:
IDK John, watching videos like this show there is no potential or point in owning a supercharger....or was it, there is no point in buying expensive tires because of the amount of HP/TQ :lol:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
IDK John, watching videos like this show there is no potential or point in owning a supercharger....or was it, there is no point in buying expensive tires because of the amount of HP/TQ :lol:

Dangit-Every time I get over the Kenne Bell bug someone goes and posts a video like this one!! What a beast this car is....:cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts