Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This evening, I got in the Bullitt and turned the key and heard 2 clicks, but nothing happened. After trying to turn the key completely back to the off position, I attempted it again and it seemed like the car wanted some juice and all of the gauges in the tach reset like when you disconect the negative terminal. But still, no fire when the key was turned.

I had to pick someone up, so I left the Bullitt home and took someone else's car. When I got back, I popped the hood. I had installed HID headlights about 1 month ago and thought that maybe I had not tightened the negative terminal to the battery back down and it had worked itself off. But both terminals were tight.

I then turned the key and had juice and everything fired up like normal. I don't know what to do, because I don't want this to happen when I'm somewhere else and get stranded...anybody have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
No corrosion on the terminals at all?

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Follow the cables from the battery back to where they are attached and make sure those bolts are tight and have no corrosion. My truck did that to me twice and it ended up being where the positive cable went into the fuse block had worked it's way loose. (just a thought)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I replaced the battery 2 years ago when I bought the bullitt and the guy at Autozone did a good job on cleaning the corrosion off of the terminals and there is none that I see currently.

I'll try to trace the wires back and see if I see anything loose. Thanks for the comments.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.