Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

No sub-14 second run

801 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Los 
#1 ·
Well went back to Orlando tonight. The air was pretty good, but my 60' wasn't. I'm going backwards in this area. The best I could do was a 2.20 vs. last week's 2.11. I refuse to use the Nittos until I get a sub-14 second time. On the plus side I finally am getting some MPH.

Here they are:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-10-18 01:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-10-21 02:59 ]</font>

See less See more
#2 ·
Not trying to insult you, but traction control was off, right?

A better 60ft time would put you into the 13's. Speed looks good, just practice those launches! (Track condition is also important.)

#3 ·
Yeah, it was off :smile:

I have never seen this many cars for Test&Tune at Orlando. For anyone who has been there, the staging lanes were backed up over 150 feet past the gas pumps when I got there. And this time not 2 lines deep filtering to 4, but 3 lines all the way back and finally to 4 before the turn. I couldn't even guess how many cars were there, but the cool weather brought everyone out.

This time it was more track condition than anything. A few imports were running in front of me and one had dragged his rear tires through the water. I tried to get around it, but several had done it and there was a mess. Even going almost up to the gaurdrail to get by was not much help.

I may have to find another track to run, this is getting pretty bad. Bradenton is about 2 hours from me and Gainesville is about and 1 1/2 hours.

#4 ·
Hey 01GTB, I'am with you for another track.Do
you think we could get more then 2 runs in, in a 4hr. period. Why don't we go see ray ackerman at his track. please put those nittos on already!!!! I want to see you in the 13s. We can't let those texas boys hold top honers.

#5 ·
We may just have to do that. I am not sure, but I think Bradenton has a Sunday event every 3rd Sunday of the month. Kind of a test & tune-street racing thing. Maybe Ray can shed some light on it.

If not there, Gainesville. I think they have test and tune Wednesdays and Saturday morning-afternoon.

The Nitto's will go on when I get that sub-14 run :grin: I hope to hell that happens pretty soon.

#6 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-18 23:42, amer-hp wrote:
We can't let those texas boys hold top honers.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

don't forget, we "texas" boys aren't done yet :grin: I'm gonna keep the car stock until the end of this year. The weather still hasn't really cooled down much; my 13.55 came in about 65 degree, slightly humid weather. It will get better and I'm anticipating a 13.4 run with only mod being nitto DR's.

ya'll better keep re-loading out there :grin:

#8 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-19 01:36, JB VOBRA wrote:
On 2001-10-18 23:42, amer-hp wrote:
We can't let those texas boys hold top honers.

don't forget, we "texas" boys aren't done yet :grin: I'm gonna keep the car stock until the end of this year. The weather still hasn't really cooled down much; my 13.55 came in about 65 degree, slightly humid weather. It will get better and I'm anticipating a 13.4 run with only mod being nitto DR's.

ya'll better keep re-loading out there :grin:

You have some good numbers to beat..... But you know us Floridian can't count,maybe my next run will be 12.9..... :-B

#9 ·
Went back last night. No need to start a new thread though. Weather looked promising, but it was extremely humid. The whole track was pretty slick, so no new best to report. Short times were consistently bad (both 2.29) and quarter mile times were surprising considering the conditions 14.253 and 14.277. Both passes felt much slower.

The unreal part of the evening was the crowd. The end of the staging lanes extended past the return road, a full 1/4 mile just before the turn, then another 300 feet or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.