Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please don't flame me!

But, is anyone running non Bullitt styled wheels on their Bullitt?

The reason I ask is because with the new S/C, and dinky 235's, the car is going to be majorly traction limited. I really don't like most of the reproduction Bullitt wheels, and was thinking of some anthricite FR500's. 18x9.5 with 275's all around.

What do you think?

·
Best Bullitt at nationals 05,10and 2013
2,009 Posts
jymontoya said:
Please don't flame me!

But, is anyone running non Bullitt styled wheels on their Bullitt?

The reason I ask is because with the new S/C, and dinky 235's, the car is going to be majorly traction limited. I really don't like most of the reproduction Bullitt wheels, and was thinking of some anthricite FR500's. 18x9.5 with 275's all around.

What do you think?
You should not get flamed. While I love the Bullitt wheels many 01 owners have aftermarket wheels.
Dennis

·
Registered
93 Posts
There are some I have seen with the deep dish Bullitt rims.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Who cares?

It's your car, do what you want with it. Go get some nice, beefy wheels and tires that will compliment your new setup. Though, I wouldn't get FR500s because I don't think they "flow" well with the S197 body lines, and...well, everyone and their mom has them.

What would really be cool is a stock set of those new Bullitt wheels custom widened to a 9 or 10" width...

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I prefer the original Bullitt "look" as far as wheels go.

I have the 18" deep dish Bullitt wheels. I don't think chrome looks good on a DHG car (but looks awesome on a TB car and decent on a black car) and I don't think the black Bullitt wheels look good on anything.

With that being said, it is merely my opinion. YOU make the payments, so you decide what should go on your car!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bullitt_5135 said:
I prefer the original Bullitt "look" as far as wheels go.

I have the 18" deep dish Bullitt wheels. I don't think chrome looks good on a DHG car (but looks awesome on a TB car and decent on a black car) and I don't think the black Bullitt wheels look good on anything.

With that being said, it is merely my opinion. YOU make the payments, so you decide what should go on your car!

I love the honesty. While I prefer a dark anthracite type color with a polished lip, finding just that, which isn't too flashy for a Bullitt is proving to be difficult.

I hate Chrome, and too much black, is just that, too much black!

And, of course, its our car, so we'll decide, especially since it's paid for :tongue: , but I was just interested in hearing other Bullittheads opinions.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Graves said:
Who cares?

It's your car, do what you want with it. Go get some nice, beefy wheels and tires that will compliment your new setup. Though, I wouldn't get FR500s because I don't think they "flow" well with the S197 body lines, and...well, everyone and their mom has them.

What would really be cool is a stock set of those new Bullitt wheels custom widened to a 9 or 10" width...

We were considering widening the stockers to 9.5" but weren't real sure about the logistics of it since we dont have any other wheels to put on it in the meantime.

Plus, the damn stockers way a ton. Were looking for something even a little lighter.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
You might look for a good forged aluminum wheel. They will be stronger and lighter.
The Marauder wheels which are now being marketed for the Mustang are ALCOA and are forged. There is a company that widens them for the Marauder owners.

Apparently some of the ALCOA forged wheels offered by Chrysler will fit our cars.

There seems to be GT500 take off wheels showing up. I think they are forged, and already wider.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts