Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have missed this in another post, but how many of the off-white interiors are out there? I know there was one in Fla in May when I was looking for one, but I had already bought mine when I was contacted by that dealer.

Richard

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
mine is charcol gray(black) as is every one that i've seen!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Every Bullitt was supposed to have Charcoal Grey interior, I've never heard of one that didn't. It must've been a mistake if it had an off-white interior. I did hear about one that had one Bullitt seat and one GT seat. :smile:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Black Gt passenger seat, that was me! I though it looked cool for the two weeks it was that way. Kind ofmade the drivers seat seem sportier.

Eric

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
If i am not mistakin, I think the handout on the bullitt should pictures of the gray w/ green seats, but i dont think anything but the gray went into production

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITTBRO1 on 2001-12-13 18:28 ]</font>

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, all of my reading shows gray only, but this salesman was very adament that the car they had was "DHG with an off-white leather interior, almost like the old parchment color in 60's Mustangs" This was the only time I had ever heard of this. This would have been end of May-first part of June.

Richard

·
Registered
716 Posts
There you go....you said the salesman said the interior was off-white. When does anyone believe anything a salesman said. Besides having a reputation for lying that would rival most lawyers, they are usually the most misinformed people on the planet. I have never, ever seen a salesman that knew anything about the car that I was interested in. Most don't even know what size engine is in the car and could not tell you how many cylinders it has.

So basically what I am saying is that the salesman was feeding you a textbook line of BS.

·
Registered
448 Posts
You're right RailCop, I can't tell you how many Ford salesman, and even Ford mechanics that asked me if mine was a 2001 or 2002!! WTF?? And none of them seem to know how to spell Bullitt, this is one of their cars, isn't it?? :mad:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Anyone want to bet that this was actually a GT or even a V-6 in Tropical Green with parchment interior?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Could it be that the salesman meant by off-white that it wasn't a white at all but the opposite?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Max Cruz on 2001-12-15 14:02 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,175 Posts
bullit boy, a lot of Bullittheads had to clue their salesmen in on the Bullitt! Most of us I think knew more about the Bullitt than they did even if they did know about the Bullitt. :lol:

·
Registered
75 Posts
About the salesmen, and the Bullitt! HAHAHAHAHAH. What a bunch of idiots. My father had to clue the salesmen in on the Bullitt as well. He had NO IDEA. After he was clued in, he proceeded an attempt to order the Bullitt via their computer system. Guess what?? The codes for the Bullitt are different than other Mustangs, and no one at the dealership knew the codes to order the dang Bullitt. Not ONE person there could successfully order the car. After about 30 mins of punching codes in to order the Bullitt, they all gave up and said come back next week when the general manager would be in. They said he probably knows how to order this car. Well, we came in the following week and the manager was actually able to order the car successfully. We were the first ones at that Ford dealership to order a Bullitt. No one had done it yet. So, all the stupid salesman got a lesson in how to order a Bullitt when we came back to try again with the general manager.

Then, when the car came in, the salesman tried to sell us all this dealer crap to de-value the car. You know, the undercarage crap, carpet protectant, car seat treatment, dashboard protectant, bug guard, spoiler. My dad proceeded to explain to them that no we don't want your dealer add on crap because..

#1 It's a RIPOFF
#2 Don't need it
#3 We can do it ourselves if we actually wanted to for a lot less than they wanted.

We go on to explain that the car is not going to be driven much. It will never see bad weather, and is going to be garaged. They proceeded to ask why we are buying a $27,000 car to just sit and not use. Why the hell do they care?? They are getting their money. We went on to explain that the Bullitt is a collector's car, and its value will soon increase, etc... Dealer still didn't understand. They are all a bunch of dumb $#@'s!!!!!! I have yet to see a dealer with brains. From our experience, and what I have read from others concerning their Ford salesmen, it sounds like no one knew about the Bullitt and what it's about. I guess Ford expected the customers to know more about the car than the dealers. Wouldn't you think that one would know front-to-back about the products him/her are in the business of selling? Competitive advanatage, ever heard of it? Hopefully by canning Ford's old CEO, and bringing in Ford Jr., all the issues Ford has dealt with will disappear, and everyone will get better customer service.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts